my CV1 front wheels are touching the brake

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 AM
JGabucci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stevelam
it says et 38 on the back of the wheel. i think its the wrong one. do u guys use those cheap plastic spacers that come with the wheels or no? i cant get them on with the spacer
Steve if you can, replace those 38 with 32 offsets.

I went through this when the CV1's First came out.

S type brake caliper won't allow for clearance.

You can add a 5 mm Spacer up front also, but do not purchase one of those cheap 10 dollar universal spacers.

Hope everything works out.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JGabucci
Steve if you can, replace those 38 with 32 offsets.

I went through this when the CV1's First came out.

S type brake caliper won't allow for clearance.

You can add a 5 mm Spacer up front also, but do not purchase one of those cheap 10 dollar universal spacers.

Hope everything works out.
when u had a spacer in front didnt it cause vibrations or no? did u use the hubcentric ring on all the tires? i tried one on the back tires but then my center cap would not go on properly, well it stuck out 2mm and didnt sit flush. the factory rims do not have a plastic ring, i wonder if this is neccesary. i called Vossen and they told me i need the 32. just waiting on wheel warehouse to open so i can call them. only slept 4 hours im so stressed out about this wheel issue. top it all off its my birthday, how crappy is that?

Last edited by stevelam; 05-17-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:43 PM
stevelam

just got off the phone with wheelwarehouse, they said the 32 offset wheels are almost 2 months away so they called vossen, long story short vossen said they are gonna machine 2 metal or aluminum 6mm spacers for me that are guaranteed not to vibrate or give me any problems. they said they will overnight ship so i should see them in max of 3 days. hope this fixes my issues. if not ill just pop over the wheels on to my max and run the staggered setup on it. have u guys ever ran spacers with any issues at all?
Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
hmmmm All these CV1 issues on the vert make me wonder if I got a different set of fronts too.. from what I understand, I got a +38 front, but I never confirmed that..... And if I did get a +38 with a spacer, I still get vibration issues at speeds between 70-80... but I've just learned to deal with it.... I'll try to find out what offsets my wheels are sometime soon...

good luck man... hope they work out for you though... it'll be worth the wait guaranteed!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 PM
JohnnyCham
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
makes me feel good that i got +20 fronts. no issues here.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:46 AM
stevelam

jubbliepuff, do u have a hubcentric ring installed with the spacer? cuz i think u need them both. the hub ring needs to be the right size as well. anyone else have vibrating cv1's? its gotta be fixable.. alignment, balance, new tires? i mean the rims are not bent so what gives? i have not driven mine yet but it better have no vibration issues. that would be so crappy, i'd be pissed.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:56 PM
JGabucci

jubbliepuff, do u have a hubcentric ring installed with the spacer? cuz i think u need them both. the hub ring needs to be the right size as well. anyone else have vibrating cv1's? its gotta be fixable.. alignment, balance, new tires? i mean the rims are not bent so what gives? i have not driven mine yet but it better have no vibration issues. that would be so crappy, i'd be pissed.
I have had vibration and noise issues with FOUR sets of +32 CV1's. I get upset and angry sometimes when I think about what I went through and large amount of money I have spent. I have solved the vibration issue when I had my wheels powdercoated but I have learned to deal with the most annoying whirley low pitched hum coming from the front wheel/wheels.

Here is my checklist to date:

1) Rebalanced one set of of the four sets purchased four times.

2) Purchased two sets of hub rings to eliminate them as problem.

3) Replaced two tires (just not brand)

4) Replaced brake pads

5) Resurfaced Rotors

6) Replaced Wheel Bearings in front (both sides)

7) Road Forced tested the wheels.

8) Put stocks back on to eliminate the car as the issue.
Stocks = SMOOTHNESS

CV1 cost me ALLLLOOOOTTTT of money but I really love the way they make the car look. Lmfao I could be leasing an M3 or purchased a supercharger when I do the math, thats how much money i put into these wheels but whatever. I am glad I went through all of this in a way.

My advice is this, they aren't oe wheels. Only wheels made specifically for the G will have the best fitment. Some fitment issues might come up with a wheel not made specifically for the car. Just do not be suprised if you have a slight vibration, as long as it isn't really bad to a point where you feel like your on a thousand really small speed bumps. If you get alittle noise just turn the volume up. If you get sick of it, take em off and sell them.

If you do run a spacer, don't put on a $5 dollar type spacer because you will almost definately get vibration. Get in touch with someone over at Vossen and they may send the shop that sold you the wheels the proper spacer to put up front or go with a H&R DRS type spacer with longer studs. THey come with studs.

Hopefully you won't have any problems with them, there are many cv1 owners on here without any issues at all. The common factor with those owners is that there offsets are lower then +32 and are running +20 up front.

When you get out to look at the car after you parked it and you have a grin on your face because the car looks that much better is when its worth the trouble I guess.

Keep us posted. Don't Stress it.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:25 PM
JGabucci

just got off the phone with wheelwarehouse, they said the 32 offset wheels are almost 2 months away so they called vossen, long story short vossen said they are gonna machine 2 metal or aluminum 6mm spacers for me that are guaranteed not to vibrate or give me any problems. they said they will overnight ship so i should see them in max of 3 days. hope this fixes my issues. if not ill just pop over the wheels on to my max and run the staggered setup on it. have u guys ever ran spacers with any issues at all?
I have to say regardless of our issues CV1's or not, Vossen has been very quick, responsible, and helpful with any problems any of their customers have. Thumbs up to them
Old 05-19-2011, 02:38 PM
stevelam

Originally Posted by JGabucci
I have to say regardless of our issues CV1's or not, Vossen has been very quick, responsible, and helpful with any problems any of their customers have. Thumbs up to them
i agree they were very easy to speak with when i called them. they shipped my spacers that day. its worth it in the end if everything works out i guess. i dont make a ton of money where i work so its very stressful when these things dont work out. thanks for all the reply's y'all..
Old 05-27-2011, 03:53 AM
stevelam

got my spacers in today but now i got a new problem.. it now clears the caliper but i can only get the lug nuts to turn about 4 times which is considered not legal here in canada as i was told by the tire shop and i called vossen and they as well advised me not to roll with them if i could'nt get 6 turns at least out of them. Wheel Warehouse told me its safe with 5 revoloutions, the local Tire shop refused to even mount them for me due to legality issues.. so now i gotta wait till tomorrow and see what wheel warehouse is gonna do for me.. they told me i can wait a month and a half cuz the wheels are backordered but by the time i get them it will be f uckin winter. we only get 3 months of summer here and long s hitty winters. this blows, i usually thought blowing 4 G's was supposed to be a good and awesome experience.. i now wish i never even made the purchase.. nothing but headache's.. i dont know about u guys but im the type of guy that loses sleep over this s hit. a week for the wheels, then another 8 days for spacers, and then right when u think its all gonna work out... BAM another issue..Even tried ET lugs and the skinny shaft would'nt even go through so The guy that sold me the wheels even suggested that i get the wheels machined so ET lugs would fit.. WTF? 4 G's on brand new wheels and i gotta get em machined? F uck that!! I told him I may trade him for CV2"s so im gonna find out tomorrow if there available.. if not I think these guys should bite the bullet cuz it was honestly thier mistake and take these wheels back.. F uckin PISSED right now. Sorry for venting but this is too much..DOMO

Last edited by stevelam; 05-27-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:03 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Wait you paid $4,000.00?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:09 AM
stevelam

i paid 3400 with tires mounted balanced and installed, the another $60 for each TPMS sensor so ya $3600 shipped.. Then I paid another $300 for taxes in Canada and Duty cuz the wheels are not made in USA.. Wouldnt u be f uckin pissed?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:12 AM
stevelam

In Canada we get ripped off.. We pay more for anything and everything u guys get in the states.. I paid $68000 for my vert with taxes.. there's not to many ways around it besides buying direct but then u gotta convert the car and that aint cheap.. plus the resale value is lowered and no dealer here will honor your warranty and they treat u like crap like u betrayed them or something.. trust me i know through past experiences
Old 05-27-2011, 05:27 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I was just curious, stay positive I'm sure everything will work out and you'll be happy once the wheels are on your car.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:09 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Have u thought about returning and getting 20 25??

Quick Reply: my CV1 front wheels are touching the brake