bought new rims and having fitment issues.. help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:30 AM
rob1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JGabucci
28 offset should clear the calipers no problem. Unless its just the way they are designed and just don't fit the car.

Look at the inside of the wheel, it should be marked as to what offset it is. I think they might have F*cked up and sent the wrong offset in the right box.

I run a 32 offset in the front it doesn't give much clearance for the calipers in the front, but it clears, and they never ever touch the calipers.

i looked on the inside of the wheel and couldnt find anything..they JUST hit the caliper by a tiny bit id say 2mm spacer would make it clear but still dont know why they stick out so far

wouldnt a 4mm spacer and a 28 offset be equivalent to your 32 offset? is there any other diff offsets make besides the hub of the rim being longer?

Last edited by rob1986; 05-06-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:49 AM
emyrl

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rob1986
the 3rd pic is with the 5mm spacer which clears the caliper but without any spacer the spoke rests on the caliper where i can still spin it but it skims over it.

i looked at those spacers but one thing.. what if my stock studs stick out to far from that spacer? i understand the spacer goes on the car and you use the spacer nuts to lock it onto the stock hub and then attach the wheel to the spacers studs but what if the stock studs stick out too far and then you cant mount the wheel on flush?

also the wheels already sticks out alot with a 5mm spacer.. so if i increase it to 10 it will really look ridiculous lol
That's true. Unless your wheels have groove indents in the back for the studs then it won't work. Honestly I think you should return the wheels. Get a wheel that fits and clears the calipers without spacers.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i looked on the inside of the wheel and couldnt find anything..they JUST hit the caliper by a tiny bit id say 2mm spacer would make it clear but still dont know why they stick out so far

wouldnt a 4mm spacer and a 28 offset be equivalent to your 32 offset? is there any other diff offsets make besides the hub of the rim being longer?
No lol you subtract it. So it'll be 24, the lower the offset the more the wheel sticks out
Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 AM
rob1986

Originally Posted by emyrl
That's true. Unless your wheels have groove indents in the back for the studs then it won't work. Honestly I think you should return the wheels. Get a wheel that fits and clears the calipers without spacers.
well everyone is saying its the correct offset so im sure thats what the company will tell me also.. but its impossible to return now because i returned the 1st set of fronts which didnt fit at all so they sent me 2 new rims but without tires on them so i had to bring it to a tire shop to have them swap the tires from the first set to the newer set and in the process when i got my wheels i noticed the rims were lightly scratched so i know they wont take them back now even tho the main reason ihad to get them mounted in the first place was because they were too cheap to send them with tires to save on shipping.

Im sure you will say i should make the tire shop pay for them but its a friend of mine and he did it for free and its really not that noticeable but i know the wheel company will not take them back now so i have to figure a way around this.. i would get longer studs installed if the wheels didnt stick out so much thats whats really pissing me off.. btw if i do get longer studs can anyone point me to a site that sells them for a 2010 g37s vert?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 AM
JGabucci

5mm spacer. THere is no such thing as a 2mm spacer.

5mm spacer added to a -28 offset would give you -23 offset.

Pics of the car off the jack really would help. A pic of the wheels face from a website doesn't help.

We need to see the wheel actually on the car.

You unmounted a wheel and physically looked on the inside of the wheel and found no offset number?

THat last question doesn't make sense but I think the answer is No. Offset is a universal measurement for all wheels.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:05 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
this wheel has like 8 different offsets. The company you bought them from should know which one it is. The 2 that wont fit fur sure is the 15mm offset and the 45mm offset. there are the options of 20/25/30/35/40......what is the problem. Did you tell them you had sport brakes BBK's???????
Old 05-06-2011, 02:08 AM
rob1986

5mm spacer. THere is no such thing as a 2mm spacer.

5mm spacer added to a -28 offset would give you -23 offset.

Pics of the car off the jack really would help. A pic of the wheels face from a website doesn't help.

We need to see the wheel actually on the car.

You unmounted a wheel and physically looked on the inside of the wheel and found no offset number?

THat last question doesn't make sense but I think the answer is No. Offset is a universal measurement for all wheels.

both of the wheels are unmounted and i looked on the inside found other info embedded into the wheel but not the offset

ill try to take more pics
Old 05-06-2011, 02:08 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Pcasey
this wheel has like 8 different offsets. The company you bought them from should know which one it is. The 2 that wont fit fur sure is the 15mm offset and the 45mm offset. there are the options of 20/25/30/35/40......what is the problem. Did you tell them you had sport brakes BBK's???????

Also the rear wheel options that could fit would be 35 40 45........
Old 05-06-2011, 02:11 AM
rob1986

Originally Posted by Pcasey
yes i told them its for a 2010 g37 sport convertible and they told lexani and supposedly lexani messed up the first order but now these dont fit right either
Old 05-06-2011, 02:17 AM
JGabucci

yes i told them its for a 2010 g37 sport convertible and they told lexani and supposedly lexani messed up the first order but now these dont fit right either
So F*ck them, call there ***'s up and say your wheel doesn't fit... Again...

Might just need a different style.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Beer Magazine

They should have known, but this is why maybe you buy local, or talk to somebody with the wheels you want.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:14 AM
rob1986

So F*ck them, call there ***'s up and say your wheel doesn't fit... Again...

Might just need a different style.
yeah i would do that but now they are lightly scratched from when my friend who owns a tire shop put them on and he was doing me a favor free of charge so im not going to make him pay for new rims when its not that noticeable but the rim company def wont take them back im sure so im prob stuck with them now
Old 05-06-2011, 08:30 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI:The 19" wheel offsets for the convertible are F=43, R =30 mm - see section 9.8 of OM.
Size Offset in (mm)
Aluminum Front: 18 × 8J 1.69 (43)
Rear: 18 × 8-1/2J 1.06 (27)
Front: 19 × 8-1/2J 1.69 (43)
Rear: 19 × 9J 1.18 (30)
Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
I don't see how an 8.5 width wheel with an offset of 23 (with the spacer) could stick out that far.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
More bad info being shared here.

Offset does not determine clearance. Design of wheel or "disc type" does.

You are going to want a hubcentric spacer if you go that route not a generic one or you will have vibration. You may be able to get away without longer studs on a 5MM. As long as you can get at least 5 full turns you should be fine. But even if you had to go with longer studs it a failry easy instal and you would not have to remove them when you trade in the car. They would never know as long as you can tighten down the stock lugs all the way which you shoulkd be able to.

With those specs and offsets, even with the spacer your wheels should not stick out once the car is on the ground and defintely once it is lowered you will be fine.

Quick Reply: bought new rims and having fitment issues.. help