Old 03-27-2011, 10:29 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mikelr
Here's a place that sells them....
MARYLAND METRICS -- TITANIUM FASTENERS
Damn bro thanks for the help!!

Do you think I can request them in black? Silver with my all black wheel won't sit right .. Maybe I can get them powdercoated :/

--- Btw .. Thanks Weiboi for the help too!! I was searching this forum endlessly for ANYTHING , I hit them up (PM/Email) If he doesn't answer by tomorrow I will call him and everyone I PM'ed today... haha

I'm going to call Mackin Industries first and try to speak with the two guys the previous poster mentioned and see what I can come up with because Mackin Industries only sells things in WHOLESALE... so idk maybe I'll buy 100 of these stupid little bolts and just sell the rest to whoever needs them.... Not sure.. but keeping my options open lol FML!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:20 AM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with the fix. I hope it all works out and quickly too!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 AM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
Good luck with the fix. I hope it all works out and quickly too!
Thanks man... will won't be done until the end of the week
Old 03-29-2011, 10:39 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
So did you find a place to buy the fasteners yet?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
OMG JohnnyG I thought I already told you to stop modding your G. Y U NO LISTEN?! lol

Reading this thread made me assume that you took the faces off and were in the process of putting them back on and this happened. I hope you torque EVERY FASTENER to the right ft/lbs man. If anything is off just a bit, your wheel will then be out-of-round and then we'll see your next thread pop up saying "OMG GUYSSSSSSS.......MY VOLKS SHAKE AGAIN!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH WTFWTFWTF?!?!?!?!" Wheel companies usually torque the fasteners down, pressure test them, then retorque the fasteners again to ensure that they are perfectly round.

So please triple check to make sure you torque the fasteners to the right spec, not only for your safety's sake, but for the sake of the forum

kthnxbye.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:07 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Gamedog
OMG JohnnyG I thought I already told you to stop modding your G. Y U NO LISTEN?! lol

Reading this thread made me assume that you took the faces off and were in the process of putting them back on and this happened. I hope you torque EVERY FASTENER to the right ft/lbs man. If anything is off just a bit, your wheel will then be out-of-round and then we'll see your next thread pop up saying "OMG GUYSSSSSSS.......MY VOLKS SHAKE AGAIN!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH WTFWTFWTF?!?!?!?!" Wheel companies usually torque the fasteners down, pressure test them, then retorque the fasteners again to ensure that they are perfectly round.

So please triple check to make sure you torque the fasteners to the right spec, not only for your safety's sake, but for the sake of the forum

kthnxbye.
Well.. I guess constructive critism (if that's how you spell it)

But do you happen to know where I can possible get the same bolt instead of yelling at meeee?
Old 03-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Tick.....tick......tick.......tick.......
Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Gamedog

kthnxbye.
Dave.... you should have just sold me your rims to begin with. FAIL on your part
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume you've also tried to find a totaled GT-30 rim to salvage a bolt from it although I don't know how you'd go about finding one lest someone that had one saw this thread perhaps.
Too bad, I do specifically remember seeing a black coupe here with GT-30's that got totaled, all four rims were damaged too, but that was some time ago...
Old 03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
I assume you've also tried to find a totaled GT-30 rim to salvage a bolt from it although I don't know how you'd go about finding one lest someone that had one saw this thread perhaps.
Too bad, I do specifically remember seeing a black coupe here with GT-30's that got totaled, all four rims were damaged too, but that was some time ago...
Yea, hard *** stuff to find. Want to check your craigslist for me? I've tried
Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Yea, hard *** stuff to find. Want to check your craigslist for me? I've tried
hahaha, buy my friend's wheels. you'll have plenty of bolts to replace and you can change faces from time to time
Old 03-29-2011, 10:06 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
hahaha, buy my friend's wheels. you'll have plenty of bolts to replace and you can change faces from time to time
im not laughing

i would, but i doubt hed sell me just one wheel....hmmm
Old 03-29-2011, 10:19 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
im not laughing

Old 03-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnysG
im not laughing

of course not. that's just an option i'm throwing out there that is a cheaper alternative.

Quick Reply: Does anyone SELL VOLK GT-30 bolts????