Another G Without Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:17 PM
akochman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by snapO

gotta love bayside :x

they broke the passenger side window and stole everything -=(
Ummm, there is a garage in front of the car... If it is used for a nicer car than the one in the driveway, it is understandable... if that person is using the garage as extra storage, they might want to reconsider.

Sucks either way, but it seems like this is something that could have been prevented by keeping it in the garage
Old 03-26-2011, 03:10 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by akochman
Ummm, there is a garage in front of the car... If it is used for a nicer car than the one in the driveway, it is understandable... if that person is using the garage as extra storage, they might want to reconsider.

Sucks either way, but it seems like this is something that could have been prevented by keeping it in the garage
If you live in NY, you would know keeping it in the garage is not good enough. My friend's motorcycle was stolen right from his garage over night. He has the alarm armed...but I guess the thieves know how to get around that. My friend had no idea until the morning.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:50 PM
akochman

Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
If you live in NY, you would know keeping it in the garage is not good enough. My friend's motorcycle was stolen right from his garage over night. He has the alarm armed...but I guess the thieves know how to get around that. My friend had no idea until the morning.
It is just one more step that they would have to take... leaving it in the driveway is just making it convenient for would-be thieves
Old 03-26-2011, 05:11 PM
gandules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is getting out of control!!!!!

gandules...
Old 03-26-2011, 06:58 PM
NYCMaxima

Get a guard dog or something. SO many people hear are talking about getting guns and stuff, but honestly I wouldnt advocate that unless you knew how to use one properly and knew about all the safety precautions that come with the ownership of a firearm. I would rather have people running around stealing wheels than people carrying firearms that they dont know how to use.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by briann510
Easy enough...
Open front door.
See thief stealing rims/tires.
Level shotgun at him at 8 feet distance and fire.
Dont even have to really aim or need any gun training classes to use a shotgun
Tire iron still in his hand I was defending myself when he raised it a me.
End of that thief's stealing.
Wouldn't pass in court in a million years. Prepare for some bologna sammiches if that's your reasoning.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:14 PM
siggo

I have been reading alot about G37 owners getting their rims robbed all on the eastcoast. i've read that the locking lugnuts dont hold up for keeping your rims secure.

Forgive me for asking, but Im curious. Has anyone tried getting all twenty locking lugnuts on thier rims? Or that wouldn't matter either.

I just got my G37 two weekss ago and read a guy in FL got robbed also while at work.
So yes im really concerned.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:45 PM
briann510

Originally Posted by jarborn1
Wouldn't pass in court in a million years. Prepare for some bologna sammiches if that's your reasoning.
Sure the hell would in many states. Ive shot at a burglar before stealing car parts before and hit him. I never went to jail nor was I arrested. He tried suing me but lost. Anyone comes on my property stealing from me is threatening me when he raises an arm to me with any kind of weapon be it a bat, gun or a tire iron and ill lay em down right then and there..
Old 03-27-2011, 12:14 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by briann510
Sure the hell would in many states. Ive shot at a burglar before stealing car parts before and hit him. I never went to jail nor was I arrested. He tried suing me but lost. Anyone comes on my property stealing from me is threatening me when he raises an arm to me with any kind of weapon be it a bat, gun or a tire iron and ill lay em down right then and there..
Keepin' it real.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:22 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Good thing I have flamethowers on my car
Old 03-27-2011, 01:32 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
It's because they are worth $ & fit on various nissan's & a few other types of cars.
To us they are just "stock rims" but to a car theif, or someone looking to upgrade,it's a GIMME.
5k Stock wheels should come with locks,not like the dealer really cares if your rims disappear.
Guess that's extra,becuase infiniti didn't even offer them.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:07 AM
HappyG

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
5k Stock wheels should come with locks,not like the dealer really cares if your rims disappear.
Guess that's extra,becuase infiniti didn't even offer them.
I don't know about others, but my G came with wheel locks.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:21 AM
akochman

Originally Posted by jarborn1
Come to Florida If you feel like your life is in immediate danger (i.e. someone coming at you with a tire iron) you are legally allowed to use lethal force.

I really really hope that i am not put in a situation where I would ever have to pull a gun, but let's just say, I won't be getting hit with a tire iron

That being said, I would not ever consider shooting someone over the wheels on my car... you would think that they would get spooked and run off if you turn the lights on and walk outside
Old 03-27-2011, 02:23 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
^yea after 3 years of 19 inch rims getting ripped off left & right.
notice most of the cars that have been ripped are 08'g37, not new ones.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Newjersey91

That really sucks, i know in jersey city my friend had there car parked outside and someone broke the window and stole stuff and her ezpass, also they tried breaking into there fx and broke the handle of the door and now when they lock the car the windows go up and down its pretty crazy what people steal these days

Quick Reply: Another G Without Wheels