Old 03-05-2011, 02:42 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Price per tire?
Old 03-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Neal@tirerack
MYG37.COM Platinum Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Excellent summer perf tire. Performs to the level of a Michelin PS2 and others in the higher price bracket... but w/out the additional cost. Have sold many to people very happy with them. I'm predicting this will be the hotter street tire this spring/summer. Call me when ready!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:01 PM
spect2k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While I think they are pretty good tires, I personally have never been a fan of Continental tires at all and would never buy another set. I've just never cared for their overall characteristics. Of course that's my very subjective opinion.

Consumer Reports did an article recently on tires, and the Contis came in 4th place. I can tell you that #1 was the Pirelli PZero Nero A/S (I've bought three sets of these and LOVE em, although I did get a bubble in one and had to replace it, but that was my fault). #3 on their list were the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. I've never driven these but have always loved Michelin tires, they are just a bit pricey for me.

I always take tirerack's surveys with a grain of salt...these are written by non-experts who are usually comparing their new tires to their previous worn out stock tires that probably weren't good to begin with. I like the expert reviews that are much more objective. Hope that helps.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:18 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:57 PM
yogregb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only expereince with these was several test drives in mercedes benz's and they were loud as fawk.....
Old 03-06-2011, 12:43 AM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check into vredestein ultrac sessanta tires. they will be the next tire i buy when my v12's get bald. good luck
Old 03-06-2011, 03:55 AM
amf25

I would get conti dw too due to all good reviews, but they don't come in 225/30/20s for my fronts do they? leads me to lean back towards the v12s for good value and quiet ride.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by amf25
I would get conti dw too due to all good reviews, but they don't come in 225/30/20s for my fronts do they? leads me to lean back towards the v12s for good value and quiet ride.
Dam since when are you running such skinny tires?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:26 AM
amf25

Originally Posted by doggyfresh102
Dam since when are you running such skinny tires?
well I spaced out all 4 corners to improve stance and to try to get a little more flush, but now rubbing a bit. on full size tires now tho so some stretch will fix it.

found a pretty unsatisfied hankook customer tho, I kinda see what he's talking about but imo don't think it's as bad as he says Hankook ventus evo v12, tire pressure ? Soft squirrly gross tire imo
Old 03-06-2011, 11:11 AM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amf25
found a pretty unsatisfied hankook customer tho, I kinda see what he's talking about but imo don't think it's as bad as he says Hankook ventus evo v12, tire pressure ? Soft squirrly gross tire imo
Hankook critic dude has no clue. The Ventus is a great choice. Since both the Conti's and the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta are new tires, my opinion is out on them. I've read some decent stuff on the Vred's and have never thought the Conti's were worth what they want for them. Considering how quickly I go through tires, I wouldn't put that much money into 4.

Earlier post - Consumer Reports does a decent job on overall product reviews, but doesn't come close to hitting the market with most products. They limit what they are able to purchase and their reviews are limited to the general consumer. Their review of tires are typically old models that have been on the market for a few years.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would wait to see how the new Michelin's Super Sport perform. So far every one who has tested this tire says they are better than the previous version.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Old 03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
novaleadfoot

Originally Posted by spect2k
While I think they are pretty good tires, I personally have never been a fan of Continental tires at all and would never buy another set. I've just never cared for their overall characteristics. Of course that's my very subjective opinion.

Consumer Reports did an article recently on tires, and the Contis came in 4th place. I can tell you that #1 was the Pirelli PZero Nero A/S (I've bought three sets of these and LOVE em, although I did get a bubble in one and had to replace it, but that was my fault). #3 on their list were the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. I've never driven these but have always loved Michelin tires, they are just a bit pricey for me.

I always take tirerack's surveys with a grain of salt...these are written by non-experts who are usually comparing their new tires to their previous worn out stock tires that probably weren't good to begin with. I like the expert reviews that are much more objective. Hope that helps.
not sure how long it's been since you have driven Conti but you should take another look...the DW and DWS are ranked highest in their class

as for tirerack surveys, also take a look at tirerack tests done by the experts...again, DW and DWS are at the top of their categories
Old 03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
novaleadfoot

Originally Posted by gugarci
I would wait to see how the new Michelin's Super Sport perform. So far every one who has tested this tire says they are better than the previous version.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport
the super sport looks like a pretty awesome tire...seems they are being chosen as oem tires on some exotics (ferrari and porsche)...I am curious about the price though...michelin is a good tire but they tend to be pricey...from what I read on road and track, pricing should be comparable to the ps2...we'll see