Official Vossen G37 Wheel Thread! Post Up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:00 PM
Roosmeister912

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is it an improvement to remove the spring bucket and add an SPL toe arm instead? I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck and get the best quality in brand/adjustment-ease/ride comfortability for DD. Were the stance coilovers u got before "true"? Why'd u change to KWV3?
Old 08-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Roosmeister912

Hey Diego, can u show me a picture of how your shaved rear bumper looks like?? And tips and suggested tools to use?? I'm gona shave it tomorrow and wana make sure I do it right. Thanks!!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:37 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
It has been a long journey so far but I have built my G37 to the point where I have always wanted it to be.

Lots of blood, sweat and tears surround this car, there have been some set backs but nothing that could stop from accomplishing my goals.

Huge thanks to SpeedHunters for this awesome article

SpeedHunters A Blown, Aired-Out Infiniti G37:
The Perfect Japanese Luxury GT Coupe?
words Peter Kelly images Rod Chong

Old 08-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

New release Vossen VFS-1 shown in Matte Graphite 20x9.5 / 20x10.5

New Wheels

VFS-1 Silver Brushed 20x9.5/20x10.5

Now available

Old 08-18-2014, 10:37 AM
destro6MTsedan

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
New release Vossen VFS-1 shown in Matte Graphite 20x9.5 / 20x10.5

New Wheels

VFS-1 Silver Brushed 20x9.5/20x10.5

Now available

Yo D!!! I liked her better in bronze, Still she looks stunning.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

G Sedan on Matte Graphite VFS-1s looking good

20x9.5 / 20x10.5

Old 08-25-2014, 11:57 AM
destro6MTsedan

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
G Sedan on Matte Graphite VFS-1s looking good

20x9.5 / 20x10.5

Me likes.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Roosmeister912

Finally got my wheels!!!

Got my cv5's 20x10.5 +25 square set-up w/ powertrix ss coils, spc camber arms.

It was a long and painful journey, but I finally got my G looking the way I want it to look and it was worth every penny, effort, and minute!

I'd like to give a shoutout to those that helped in the process cuz without their expertise and patience I prolly never would've finished let alone started this project.

Tiko from Need 4 Speed Motorsports
Herbert from Pit Stop
Diego from Vossen
Charles from Powertrix

Anyone reading this post wondering where to get your wheels, tires, coils, rear bumper bracket shaved then trust me when I say these ppl are the best in the business. Not only are they knowledgable but they take pride in their work and genuinely want to help you.

Here's a sample pic of my car now. I'll post more soon when I get my SLR camera.

Diego,
Let me know if Vossen ever swings by SoCal. I'd love to see more cars with Vossen wheels. Also, what do u normally use to clean and maintain your wheels?? I gots to have my new shoes lookin shinny!! Lol
Attached Thumbnails Official Vossen G37 Wheel Thread! Post Up!-image.jpg  
Old 08-25-2014, 04:25 PM
destro6MTsedan

Originally Posted by Roosmeister912
Got my cv5's 20x10.5 +25 square set-up w/ powertrix ss coils, spc camber arms.

It was a long and painful journey, but I finally got my G looking the way I want it to look and it was worth every penny, effort, and minute!

I'd like to give a shoutout to those that helped in the process cuz without their expertise and patience I prolly never would've finished let alone started this project.

Tiko from Need 4 Speed Motorsports
Herbert from Pit Stop
Diego from Vossen
Charles from Powertrix

Anyone reading this post wondering where to get your wheels, tires, coils, rear bumper bracket shaved then trust me when I say these ppl are the best in the business. Not only are they knowledgable but they take pride in their work and genuinely want to help you.

Here's a sample pic of my car now. I'll post more soon when I get my SLR camera.

Diego,
Let me know if Vossen ever swings by SoCal. I'd love to see more cars with Vossen wheels. Also, what do u normally use to clean and maintain your wheels?? I gots to have my new shoes lookin shinny!! Lol
Looking good bro!! Congrats on the build.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Roosmeister912

Thx destro6MTsedan!!
The following users liked this post:
destro6MTsedan (08-27-2014)
Old 08-29-2014, 07:03 PM
echemondo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys just bought my 2011 g37 journey coupe a month or so ago and i found these forums...i apologize if this has been answered before but i know absolutely NOTHING about cars, let alone tires, other than how to change my oil, filters, sparks, and other regular maintenance

that said, i know my journey is sitting on the stock 18" rims with nexen n5000 plus tires (these things are **** btw)

i was looking at alot of threads and reviews and i want to put 20" vossen cv5's on some michelin super sports but i have no idea where to start....all this offset/camber/spacer talk has got my head spinning

is it possible to just slap on those cv5's and call it a day?!!?! do i have to settle on 19s?!?!? i read a ton of reviews on tires and the michelin super sports seem to be the best tires to use down here in florida...any opinions on that?!?!?

i heard about putting 20s on back and 19s on front...is that better?!?!

really what i want is cv5's on a thin looking tire from the side with maximum grip/road contact width without the tires sticking out the side

i hope that makes sense, excuse my car noobiness

this forum is invaluable btw...excellent site...i think with these tires i'll also be putting in a stillen gen 3 intake and then go from there but thats for another thread

thx again in advance for any help

Old 08-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by echemondo
hey guys just bought my 2011 g37 journey coupe a month or so ago and i found these forums...i apologize if this has been answered before but i know absolutely NOTHING about cars, let alone tires, other than how to change my oil, filters, sparks, and other regular maintenance

that said, i know my journey is sitting on the stock 18" rims with nexen n5000 plus tires (these things are **** btw)

i was looking at alot of threads and reviews and i want to put 20" vossen cv5's on some michelin super sports but i have no idea where to start....all this offset/camber/spacer talk has got my head spinning

is it possible to just slap on those cv5's and call it a day?!!?! do i have to settle on 19s?!?!? i read a ton of reviews on tires and the michelin super sports seem to be the best tires to use down here in florida...any opinions on that?!?!?

really what i want is cv5's on a thin looking tire from the side with maximum grip/road contact width without the tires sticking out the side

this forum is invaluable btw...excellent site...i think with these tires i'll also be putting in a stillen gen 3 intake and then go from there but thats for another thread

You have two options here. You can go the same size wheel all around, or you can go staggered meaning a wider wheel in the rear. As far as I know, the CV5's only come in 20" with two width options, 9 and 10.5. If I were you, I'd go with 20x9 wheels all around. You need tires that will be similar to original dimensions without throwing off your speedo. Look around the forum to get a better idea of what you can use. I'm pretty sure the offset is around +35 so you should be able to put them right on with no trouble.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:38 AM
destro6MTsedan

Originally Posted by echemondo

Echemondo, congrats on your '11 Journey coupe. There is a fitment for Vossen CV5's that fit without no modifications needed. Since you vehicle is rear wheel drive, you will benefit more handling of your car with a staggered set up. That would mean wider tires in the rear and narrower tires in the front. You can run 20x9 ET38 or ET32 (ET32 sits flush with the body) and 20x10.5 ET45 in the rear. The tire sizes I would run are 245/35R20 and 285/30R20. This, to me, is the better set up if you want to enjoy driving your coupe. I hope this help in your decision making process. Congrats again.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

I agree with Destro6MT. 20x9 +32/20x10.5 +45 with nice proper sized tires will be the best overall fit. This is our recommended setup for the G37 coupe.
The following users liked this post:
destro6MTsedan (09-02-2014)
Old 09-04-2014, 09:58 PM
TX 370GT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
VFS-1 equipped

Hi all!

I have my new setup thanks to Diego@Vossen and Dan@N4SM.com. Need4Speed Motorsports has been a great vendor, answered all my questions promptly and had my package together and ready to bolt on the moment they arrived!

20x9 +32, 20x10.5 +45 Matte Graphite VFS-1 on Hankook V12 with Muteki Neo Chrome lug nuts.

Thanks again guys!
Attached Thumbnails Official Vossen G37 Wheel Thread! Post Up!-img_2384.jpg   Official Vossen G37 Wheel Thread! Post Up!-img_2386.jpg   Official Vossen G37 Wheel Thread! Post Up!-img_2378.jpg  

Quick Reply: Official Vossen G37 Wheel Thread! Post Up!