Infiniti TPMS Monitor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 11:23 PM
nishalp
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti TPMS Monitor?

I like the TPMS but one thing I dont like is it seems to be a too late type of deal when that sensor goes off on the dash. I have 2 questions:

1. Does anyone know at what pressure the sensor goes off? Does it have to be 5 PSI low or more? I got a flat when the light went off but when I checked my tire, it was completly flat.

2. Are there any tools out there that can communicate with the factory TPMS sensors and show the exact tire pressure? I am sure it sends it but I think Infiniti does not show it anywhere..
Old 01-01-2011, 11:35 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
There are manufacturers that wil pinpoint the actual tire but I haven't seen any that display the actual pressure. I 'think' the pressure has to be below 26 psi for the TPMS lamp to trigger.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 AM
kmp

It's odd that Nissan shows the actual number on my Nissan Murano (it's an '85) and not on my Infiniti. It won't show the actual number until 30 mph but that's better than a damn light.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My TL use to give me a reading of each tire on the MID.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the voice commands section of the Navigation manual, there's this voice command listed: "tire pressure." According to the manual it will display the tire presure if so equipped. I tried it and nothing happened. My guess is that this is a feature on the M.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:11 PM
nishalp
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G73xs
In the voice commands section of the Navigation manual, there's this voice command listed: "tire pressure." According to the manual it will display the tire presure if so equipped. I tried it and nothing happened. My guess is that this is a feature on the M.
Seems the M has alot of things that I want now.. Guess I am going to have to upgrade sometime in the future...
Old 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
The Infiniti TPMS is factory set to trigger the warning when the actual tire pressure drops 25% from optimum. If there's a sudden loss of pressure from a cut or damaged tire, the warning can only serve to help you get out of the throttle and begin manuevering for an exit. By the time you stop, the tire will be flat.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Chico

It could also be a feature in the Technology Package for the G. anybody with the Tech Package that can check on it.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
nishalp
Registered Member

It could also be a feature in the Technology Package for the G. anybody with the Tech Package that can check on it.
Got it fully loaded.. Not a option left and it is not there..
Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 AM
KLB

They dropped the ball on this one. Cheap Dodge's will give you the pressure too.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:19 AM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nishalp
1. Does anyone know at what pressure the sensor goes off?
The TPMs sensor is meant to go off when the tire inflation reaches 26 psi.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Coprolite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even my TSX/Tech has this. It allowed me to tweak mpg and comfort. It was very accurate and allowed me to be quite lazy with checking the pressure manually.

I did end up buying tire/rim protection with the G, as I blew a tire on the TSX while travelling during the first month and the rim still has a mark on it! It will also protect it from someone in my family who likes curbs...
Old 01-03-2011, 11:41 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by kmp
It's odd that Nissan shows the actual number on my Nissan Murano (it's an '85) and not on my Infiniti. It won't show the actual number until 30 mph but that's better than a damn light.
Infiniti 2005 FX45 does show exact pressure of each tire but the newer Infiniti 's have idiot light warning when pressure drops below preset value.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:49 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
08 FX's show the psi for each tire. Our setup is just lame. It requires you to check each tire which happened to me recently in the rain. Couldn't tell by just eyeballing it which tire was low, and being that I have three patches it really did require me to pretty much check them all in the rain. I was not happy.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:50 PM
mossman

I have heard that idiot light is now done on purpose. The thought is that you will be forced to manually check the pressure of each tire. Not saying I agree with it, but jut what was told to me.

As a side note Acura does tell the tire pressure of each tire. This creates other problems. For example someone I know won't drive the car if one tire reads 31 psi and the rest read 32psi...

Quick Reply: Infiniti TPMS Monitor?