Help Slammed Gs with alignment within specs possible?...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Stanced370Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
port meaning they drill holes in the arms but it doesn't do any harm to the car as you can still get it within range at any height. a shop was going to charge me $300 for the whole thing down here and honestly i think it's worth it rather than spending $550-$600 on camber kits plus installation.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:47 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Transformers was going to do this for me , but I said NO ! I think it's a great substitute for spending big $$$ on camber kits though . Since I already had SPC ok hand was best to just do it right the first time , but honestly these SPC kits are not wrth spending 500+ install ....
Old 11-23-2010, 08:34 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
You don't need to spend $$$ have them installed. The install is as simple as putting in a suspension, basically the same steps, but no needing to compress springs or deal w/ all of that, just the arms.

The only thing you would need to spend $$ on are the actual kits, and then the allignment.

Like I said, I'll be doing ALL of this the next couple weeks. trying to get the best prices on SPC kits right now...

Last edited by 1cleanG; 11-23-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Slammed37S
port meaning they drill holes in the arms but it doesn't do any harm to the car as you can still get it within range at any height. a shop was going to charge me $300 for the whole thing down here and honestly i think it's worth it rather than spending $550-$600 on camber kits plus installation.

Drill holes in the arms?? Makes no sense.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by | 1cleanG |
Wait...so he actually DID an allignment for you? Or did he just say F*ck it, I can't do anything?

If he did an allignment, he 100% should have given you a print out of every degree detail. Our cars as long as they're withing -2.5 camber you're okay because its natural to have neg camber, but you're TOE should almost DEAD ON!

Camber kits a waste of $$?? And this is a reputable shop? wtf?
Yep he told me they area waste of money. He never aligned the rears. He did hook them up to the alignment machine but didn't do them because he said it would effect my Toe. I said I have a rear Toe kit. He said it doesn't matter I would need the stock original camber arms to fix it LOL!

Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
That's what I said WTF? Tear guys said we are waisting money on camber kits. No way , I mean what kind of alinement shop is this .
I guess its a BS alignment shop. I can tell you this. This post will index in Google right under searches for his shop. I guess I'll be driving up to AutoGlitz to get rears done.

Thanks everyone for all your replies. Sorry was late back this post. I had stomach flu past couple days.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Slammed37S

Another fact is this. SPC/SPL caber kits weight like 10 more pounds than stock arms. So maybe this is an option. The guy at the shop mentioned none of this to me. Just said car needed no camber kits. Although I think Miami Chassis & Collision does this. There the guys who do the Heat cars etc.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:15 PM
ruckus12251985

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when you get the camber/toe kit you will be able to get back to spec. when they install the toe bolts they MUST dremel out the area so the toe can be adjusted.(as in the directions) if they just put the bolts in they will still only have stock adjustment on the toe.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

^^ Thanks man! I'm going to have another shop do this for me so I can get it in spec.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:27 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

^^^i will 100% give you updates on this. I will be doing a full SPC kit front and rear with my KW's, and my KW's are FULLY tucked in the front(with the front tire up in the wheel well by over a full inch).

I've talked to MANY reputable guys here on the forums over and over and over about allignments, with coils, springs, and hell even bags, and they all say the same thing...CAMBER KIT!!!!!

Stay away from that shop bro, and I hope to god they didn't charge you for they're "recommendations". Get it done at a reputable shop, get the printout, and go back to the sh*tshop and be like..."oh wait....what do ya know, SPC KITS DO WORK!!??" FTMFW~!!!!!!!!!!!!

... LMAO
Old 11-26-2010, 08:56 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Originally Posted by | 1cleanG |
^^^i will 100% give you updates on this. I will be doing a full SPC kit front and rear with my KW's, and my KW's are FULLY tucked in the front(with the front tire up in the wheel well by over a full inch).

I've talked to MANY reputable guys here on the forums over and over and over about allignments, with coils, springs, and hell even bags, and they all say the same thing...CAMBER KIT!!!!!

Stay away from that shop bro, and I hope to god they didn't charge you for they're "recommendations". Get it done at a reputable shop, get the printout, and go back to the sh*tshop and be like..."oh wait....what do ya know, SPC KITS DO WORK!!??" FTMFW~!!!!!!!!!!!!

... LMAO

ROFL! Thanks bro! I'm definitely going to go back there and show him the alignment sheet when done and do so.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:26 AM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Xcalibur that guy should be smack wtf is he talking about? I have F+R SPC camber kits my alignment is Perfect 0 issues, you can ask BlkHR37S i sent him pictures of my tires they wearing out evenly after 1 year of having my alignment done car still drives straight,no tire wearing out nothing. Def go to a more reputable shop. Good luck
Old 11-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

^^^ Thanks man! LOL he needs the auto slap.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:23 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by xcalibur
rofl! Thanks bro! I'm definitely going to go back there and show him the alignment sheet when done and do so.

def keep us updated!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:01 PM
TheIvoryG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am by no means slammed, I have Eibach Pro-Kit springs. Here is my most recent alignment. Don't have it scanned but here is the details.

FL Camber: -1.8
FR Camber: -1.4
RL Camber: -1.9
RR Camber: -1.7

All the toe was brought back to spec. I'm a little worried why the right on both front and rear have a bit more camber, but overall I'm happy that they are tolerable numbers.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

^^ Thanks fro posting up that info!

PS: For the drop you have you could have better camber. That may be tolerable but its not in spec. I'll post stock Specs here later tonight.

Quick Reply: Help Slammed Gs with alignment within specs possible?...