Help Rubbing on the INSIDE of my front tires? 9.5" wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:36 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Yes, it will restrict you from going slammed since the arms are longer than the oem, it'll bang on your fenders. I think I know what You want. You want to keep your current slammed height lol. How about get your tires flipped first and do an alignment then see how long they'll last, is the thread wearing properly and so on. Having the camber kit is nice but if you're going for that slammed look it ain't gonna work and I'm talking with experience. Even with my conservative drop my camber arms hit my fender when I go over huge hotholes.

Good luck and let us know how it goes also, post up your alignment sheet.
I'm definitely going to post as much info as possible. I want anybody to learn from all of this where exactly you can have your ride heights and still not need a camber kit, as well as refrain from yoru experience of the camber arms hitting the fenders. I DEFINITELY do NOT want that....and yes, I LOVE the slammed look :-)

I do have Dieseldoug's old molded TS front sitting in my garage(in the front of the car in one of the photos) that I'll eventually be putting on, which I'll have to raise the coils up a little to rock that!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Just my 2 cents... Camber arms aren't necessarily required to fix this problem. I'm slammed and I'm not having these issues. My camber is way off, due to being low, but my alignment tech was able to get my toe in order. I have about 7k on my tires and they are wearing relatively even given how low I am.

Lance - Get new front tires. Those look dangerous. As soon as you get new tires and have your ride height set where you want it, get that alignment and be sure they get the toe corrected. It's possible. I had it done.

If you can get the camber kit, do it. It will buy you more time on needing new tires. But as many have mentioned, poor toe specs is what eats up the tires the quickest.

Thanks Brian, I appreciate all of the help and input you've given on everything I've messaged you about.

As of right now, I think I'm going to hold off on the front camber kit. From the feedback and research I've done with everyone that's road coils on here, I'm going to get an allignment done on Friday and see what the outcome is. Guy that's doing it is great, has his own shop, he works alone, and ahs all of the TOP OF THE LINE equipment and printouts. Definitely will get me the info I need.

Last edited by 1cleanG; 11-18-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by | 1cleanG |
whoa bro, you're DEFINITELY out of line. NOT EVERYONE ON HERE recommended getting a camber kit. They said it needed an ALLIGNMENT and that the TOE was out of wack. Not to mention there are PLENTLY of people on here with coils speaking from EXPERIENCE that they ARE NOT RUNNING CAMBER KITS IN THE FRONT and do not have any problems what so ever.

I really don't appreciate the sarcasm or smart a** remark, especially coming from a member of "STAFF" on the forums??
Even your previous post..

I JUST BOUGHT THE CAR not even a month ago. I HAD NO IDEA the allignment was off, I just drove it home from GA and after inspection found the uneven wear on the inside of the tires.

I'm no n00b to cars, not to mention G's or the forums(2000+ posts on G35driver as a previous owner of an 06 coupe), I simply wanted to know if installing the camber kit would restrict how low I can go because of the how the front kit is setup. I got my answer through a PM, without receiving any criticism or an answer that absolutely NOTHING to do with my question.
My bad, I was in a pissy mood last night and shouldn't have taken it out on you in my post. I apologize. My advice still stands though: install camber arms and get your car aligned properly if you want to run very low. Without them you will not be able to get dial out enough negative camber to save your tires from quick destruction. The toe is what's likely causing most of the the wear you are experiencing but being able to get camber in spec or close to it will certainly help. Good luck.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:21 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Black Betty
My bad, I was in a pissy mood last night and shouldn't have taken it out on you in my post. I apologize. My advice still stands though: install camber arms and get your car aligned properly if you want to run very low. Without them you will not be able to get dial out enough negative camber to save your tires from quick destruction. The toe is what's likely causing most of the the wear you are experiencing but being able to get camber in spec or close to it will certainly help. Good luck.

Thanks Bro, I appreciate it!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:38 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

...just an update guys, after Brian recommending new tires, I took the wheels off ...and yeah, decided they were prrrretty bad, worse then I thought.

Anyways...have some NEW TOYO PROXES onnnn THE WAY!