Help Rubbing on the INSIDE of my front tires? 9.5" wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteG37S
That's probably cause by your Toe being out of whack....If your toe is way off it can kill a tire like that in a few weeks. Def need an alignment.
That's exactly correct. If your inner tire was rubbing something you would hear it and you could see matks on something that it's rubbing against. That is caused by a very bad toe setting. How do you expect to run coilovers set very low with no alignment correction and have your tires wear evenly? It's not going to happen. Do it right and get the proper alignment parts and get it properly aligned. Or eat through tires every couple of months.

When you get it fixed, post what your ore alignment numbers are. I bet the toe is waaaaay off.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
^^^will do. Thanks guys I'll keep you updated. May be a while, like I mentioned, got about a half a good of snow yesterday so the car won't be moving for quiiiiite a while.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Definitely need an alignment. That's a combination of negative camber and toe that is out of whack. I'd think it's mostly toe, as my fronts did the same when the alignment dude didn't correct the toe. Hasn't done it anymore since the toe was corrected.

I'm about the same ride height on KWs and no front camber kit.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:07 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car did the same.. unfortunately. A front camber kit should fix the problem.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:48 PM
LightsOut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhiteG37S
That's probably cause by your Toe being out of whack....If your toe is way off it can kill a tire like that in a few weeks. Def need an alignment.

this is the real answer
Old 11-15-2010, 10:20 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Thank you guys, seriously, thank you to all of you that responded.

This is why I love these forums so damn much! This winter I will be doing a full front and rear camber kit, even if not fully needed, I'd like to be safe then sorry, esp with my future new setup ;-)
Old 11-15-2010, 10:33 PM
w0ady

fine everyone ignore that i mentioned toe first.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I would just like to point out how smart Woady is and that he said it was probably the toe first.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:39 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Lmao^^^^^
Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 PM
w0ady

Originally Posted by Kidcane
I would just like to point out how smart Woady is and that he said it was probably the toe first.
you always were my fav chad.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:20 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

one more question..

...if I get the front camber kits, does it limit or restrict you from lowering/slamming your front wheels as much? The kit looks as if the arms are thicker or raise up more w/ the red spacer, will that prevent the amount of room to move in the fender without it hitting/rubbing?

****I have an appointment this weekend to have my 2 front tires switched from the left to right side and so forth.

****I also have an allignment scheduled w/ a professional who did my g35 and does a lot of sports cars which is next friday(day after thanksgiving). I'm debating if I should have him align it and adjust the toe as much as possible, or get a full camber kit and have it installed right away and not mess around or see if i can get within spec without it??

suggestions??

Last edited by 1cleanG; 11-18-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Just install the damn camber arms like everyone has told you to do and be done with it already! Do you think that everyone responding to this thread is trying to mislead you or that those of us who are already lowered on coils don't know what they're talking about?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:15 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Just install the damn camber arms like everyone has told you to do and be done with it already! Do you think that everyone responding to this thread is trying to mislead you or that those of us who are already lowered on coils don't know what they're talking about?

whoa bro, you're DEFINITELY out of line. NOT EVERYONE ON HERE recommended getting a camber kit. They said it needed an ALLIGNMENT and that the TOE was out of wack. Not to mention there are PLENTLY of people on here with coils speaking from EXPERIENCE that they ARE NOT RUNNING CAMBER KITS IN THE FRONT and do not have any problems what so ever.

I really don't appreciate the sarcasm or smart a** remark, especially coming from a member of "STAFF" on the forums??
Even your previous post..

Originally Posted by Black Betty
How do you expect to run coilovers set very low with no alignment correction and have your tires wear evenly? It's not going to happen.
I JUST BOUGHT THE CAR not even a month ago. I HAD NO IDEA the allignment was off, I just drove it home from GA and after inspection found the uneven wear on the inside of the tires.

I'm no n00b to cars, not to mention G's or the forums(2000+ posts on G35driver as a previous owner of an 06 coupe), I simply wanted to know if installing the camber kit would restrict how low I can go because of the how the front kit is setup. I got my answer through a PM, without receiving any criticism or an answer that absolutely NOTHING to do with my question.

Last edited by 1cleanG; 11-18-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, it will restrict you from going slammed since the arms are longer than the oem, it'll bang on your fenders. I think I know what You want. You want to keep your current slammed height lol. How about get your tires flipped first and do an alignment then see how long they'll last, is the thread wearing properly and so on. Having the camber kit is nice but if you're going for that slammed look it ain't gonna work and I'm talking with experience. Even with my conservative drop my camber arms hit my fender when I go over huge hotholes.

Good luck and let us know how it goes also, post up your alignment sheet.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Just my 2 cents... Camber arms aren't necessarily required to fix this problem. I'm slammed and I'm not having these issues. My camber is way off, due to being low, but my alignment tech was able to get my toe in order. I have about 7k on my tires and they are wearing relatively even given how low I am.

Lance - Get new front tires. Those look dangerous. As soon as you get new tires and have your ride height set where you want it, get that alignment and be sure they get the toe corrected. It's possible. I had it done.

If you can get the camber kit, do it. It will buy you more time on needing new tires. But as many have mentioned, poor toe specs is what eats up the tires the quickest.

Quick Reply: Help Rubbing on the INSIDE of my front tires? 9.5" wheel