Enkei rpf1 19" wheel for G37S

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:22 PM
iwasgointo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
That is a very big misconception, offset and brake clearance have NOTHING to do with each other, Brake clearance solely depends on the the face/spoke design of the wheel
If that's the case, how do I find out if this face/spoke design will work with my G? The Enkei website is no help, as they don't offer info on fitment to specific cars.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get some input from someone who actually has this wheel installed on their G37S.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:41 PM
colburs

call tire rack or discount tire. if they sell the wheel they will be able to guide you on fitment/clearance issues.

I once chatted with the guy who develops the fitment charts for the discount tire sales team and his team takes measurements for every car and compares them against what the wheel manufacturers supply or in some cases actual wheel measurements they have taken. Bottom line is they know if it'll fits or not. I would expect tire rack to have the same type of process.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 PM
iwasgointo

One of the first things I did was check out the Tire Rack website and this particular wheel is not on their list of recommended wheels from Enkei.

I just emailed them to find out why. Perhaps, they will shed some light on this matter.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:01 PM
g35sedan5at

Originally Posted by G37Sam
That is a very big misconception, offset and brake clearance have NOTHING to do with each other, Brake clearance solely depends on the the face/spoke design of the wheel

while it may be a very big misconception generally, it does play a part in some situations.

i.e. i have an 08 sedan with 18inch sport wheels. due to the design of the spokes and the offset of the wheels i CANNOT bolt up the akebono BBK kit to my care without adding 5mm spacers i believe, i forget the exact size spacer. so yes, your right, offset and brake clearance are generall mutually exclusive but for some instances, like mine, the offset will play a part due to the nature of the spoke/wheel design.

as for the rpf1's not making tireracks reccomended list, there could be a # of reasons for that but i assure you that these wheels are tried and proved time and time again over almost every platform ever made. quality wise you cannot go wrong with enkei rpf1's.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:16 PM
iwasgointo

Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
while it may be a very big misconception generally, it does play a part in some situations.

i.e. i have an 08 sedan with 18inch sport wheels. due to the design of the spokes and the offset of the wheels i CANNOT bolt up the akebono BBK kit to my care without adding 5mm spacers i believe, i forget the exact size spacer. so yes, your right, offset and brake clearance are generall mutually exclusive but for some instances, like mine, the offset will play a part due to the nature of the spoke/wheel design.

as for the rpf1's not making tireracks reccomended list, there could be a # of reasons for that but i assure you that these wheels are tried and proved time and time again over almost every platform ever made. quality wise you cannot go wrong with enkei rpf1's.
Thanks for your input, it is very helpful.

My plan is the buy this wheel in the same size as stock for the front, but a half inch wider than stock for the rear. This would include going with the +42 offset F&R, which is very close to the factory specs.

I then intend to install wider than stock tires which will bring the tires out a bit closer to the fenders, but not too much. I estimate about 10mm for the front and 20 mm for the rear.

I won't be lowering the car, so I'm pretty sure I won't have any clearance issues with the fenders rubbing.

The new tires will be these sizes: 245/40-19 Front & 275/35-19 Rear. This is the same size on the 370Z with sport package. The stock tires are: 225/45-19 Front & 245/40-19 Rear.
I will be installing the Hankook tires that are getting rave reviews.

I want the wider tires because I often drive on some severe twisties and would like the additional traction.

I want the wheels because I like the look and they're about 25% lighter than the stock wheels. This will compensate for the extra weight of the wider tires.

Last edited by iwasgointo; 09-01-2010 at 06:22 PM.