Chipped stock sport rims!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:48 PM
BHB 91

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SleepyMonkey
I have this problem with my RF wheel. While at the dealer for my first freebie oil change I pointed it out and they agreed to refinish it for free. He said it appeared that someone had refinished the wheel previously and didn't do it right.
When they refinished your wheel, how did it turn out? I had to have one of mine refinished because someone at Discount Tire screwed one of mine up when I had a nail in my tire far from home. The job was OK, but if you look it is somewhat obvious the color is not quite the same as the other 3 now. I have been trying to decide if I should have it done again or if this is just the best that can be done.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The other picture says it all. It is chipping. Thats messed up! take it in and complain for sure!
Old 07-04-2010, 06:50 PM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
cjc357, are the front rims chipped as well? My front rims are clean! I have about 16K by the way.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 PM
CarAddict
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xcalibur
The other picture says it all. It is chipping. Thats messed up! take it in and complain for sure!
A lawsuit seems more effective. I doubt complaining to the dealer will have any outcome considering that I've had the car for 32 months (16K).

I will complain when I visit the dealer for sure. But if a lot of people have the same problem with the stocks then we might have to do something more serious!

I already had to pay ~$200 out of own pocket to replace the battery and that's after more than 10 calls to roadside assistance and 3 visits to the dealer!! This is ridiculous!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:33 PM
SleepyMonkey
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BHB 91
When they refinished your wheel, how did it turn out? I had to have one of mine refinished because someone at Discount Tire screwed one of mine up when I had a nail in my tire far from home. The job was OK, but if you look it is somewhat obvious the color is not quite the same as the other 3 now. I have been trying to decide if I should have it done again or if this is just the best that can be done.
I haven't had it done yet - I was just there for an oil change but wanted to point out this flaw while they were trying to "woo me" into their service plan. This particular dealer only has a "wheel guy" on Wednesdays so they asked me to schedule an appointment for that day. I will post the results when I get it done though. (yeah, I use quotes too much)