Ruff alloy wheels Versus Boze alloy wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:42 PM
ice350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my 2 cents.

All the talk about wheel quality equalling price is overblown.
The 1000 dollar set of Ruff wheels will do what they were meant to do....enable your car to transport you from point A to point B. There is nothing about it that will keep it from performing it's function.
Same for the wheel that costs 5000 or 10,000 a set. They will get the job done. What is the difference? The look!
The higher end wheels have a look that is unmistakeable to us car enthusiasts. Many lower end wheels are trying to duplicate that look. Take the 1 piece Vossens. They look very close to multipiece, higher end wheels. But a knowledgeable person can still tell the difference.
If this makes a difference to you then high cost wheels may be what you want. If it doesn't matter that much, lower cost wheels look better than stock (most of the time) and are much cheaper. Both low and high cost wheels need proper care. Both can be damaged. The higher end wheel is often lighter weight but if you're not racing that means nothing.
It's all about the look.
If you're hanging out with enthusiasts, sooner or later you'll want the higher end wheel....it's provides that street cred. If none of this matters, Ruff will do just fine.

If none this really mattered, you'd be happy riding stock.
I had a set of Boze and they were the worst high end wheel I've owned. Could have been the set I got....bad luck or something. In that price range of $800 per wheel, I'd go with Work Gnosis or the brand I have, MC3 wheels.

Good luck.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Gee4Zee

I'll be looking to get a set of wheels for the same reason I got the G37, namely that regardless of price, I can see a great amount of imagination that went into a piece of functioning sculpture. If I hit the lotto, I don't have an inclination to get a Porche or Merc, I'd still be happy w/the G37 and would spend the winnings on something else.

The G37 is simply gorgeous regardless of it's price, and of course there are some rides that are several times the cost of a G37 that are downright ugly compared to this car. Researching wheels so far, I can safely say the same thing about wheels. I've seen some cheap wheels that look cheap, and some expensive wheels that don't look any better.

Now for me personally, the wheel that looks absolutely gorgeous, and I have no idea of its price though I figure it'll be a fortune is this wheel........

..... HRE 890R .....I've had more fun checking the wheels out w/o checking price than I'm probably going to have eventually paying for these wheels if I get 'em, I'm sure of that, but these folks are about 5 miles from me and I can at least get a look at 'em.

Talk about 'sticker shock', five grand is a lot of money or a set of wheels, but I guess there've been folks who've blown a lot more on fast women and slow horses.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:30 PM
w0ady

theres nothing wrong with ruff wheels if you take care of them. any wheel that you beat on will eventually fail, its just a matter of when. but assuming you just plan on normal driving then go with what fits your budget and style.

the bashing of "value" wheels and support for "popular" wheels gets old quick. yes the more you pay, the higher quality the wheel but theres a point where the return of investment just stops. like i said, they all work the exact same way.