*Vossen VVS-CS1 On MW Vert

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:59 PM
JGabucci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteAWDcoupe
those wheels are a perfect look on there! Can i run four of the rears on my X? (:
Bump for updated pics.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:10 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Looks good. From a far the front looks like the stock wheels but shaped differently.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:58 PM
DStreetMaxima

Cool

Originally Posted by JGabucci
I got them mounted yesterday, the pictures do not do the car justice and the gap in the front fender is slightly exaggerated due to the incline the car was sitting on.

I need to return to the shop this weekend to make some adjustments. The offset is a 38 front 42 rear. I could not get the front tires to fit without a 7mm spacer in the front due to S model Caliper rubbing. This offset is supposed to fit no problem from what my shop was told. This is the beginning of my new problem.

I get vibration that I can't deal with and a weird rubbing sound in which I cannot visually see is coming from. Calipers are fine, fender lining is fine, it isn't rubbing the suspension. I get this sort of plastic on plastic rubbing/grinding type sound at low speeds that goes from slight to clearly noticeable and I can swear I feel it in the accelerator pedal at times. So, the suggestion was to swap spacers for Hub Centric type spacer to get rid of the vibrations and whatever noise I am hearing or so I really hope corrects. I wanna kick the rear tires out alittle more aswell with 7mm spacer in the rear to give it the proper stance.

I will post more shots this weekend.

Any suggestions to correct my issues will be greatly appreciated. This is my first set of wheels on a new car. Even though they look amazing on the car I hope it doesn't become to much more of a headache then its really worth. Kinda lost the excitement of having new wheels .

what are the specs on ya car...... tire size... offset of wheels......?

i know your not dropped.... so what are they... car looks nyce..just ordered mine!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:39 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Keep an eye out for my matt blk photoshoot from vossen guys , I already sold my 86 and picking up matt blk CV-1 in +20 front and +25 rear with 235/30/20 and 255/30/20 rear ... Gonna look sick I'm so excited.

Should have them wed!!! All mounted and ready for pics.

Last edited by G37Sam; 05-31-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:24 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkHR37S
Keep an eye out for my matt blk photoshoot from vossen guys , I already sold my 86 and picking up matt blk CV-1 in +20 front and +25 rear with 235/30/20 and 255/30/20 rear ... Gonna look sick I'm so excited.

That should look hot on OB. Can't wait to see it.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:06 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
looks good. anyone know how much these weigh, each?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 AM
JGabucci

Originally Posted by BlkHR37S

They gonna look sick, the pictures do not do the wheel any justice. Once I get all fitment issues out of the way I am gonna have some pics taken.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:38 PM
JGabucci

They gonna look sick, the pictures do not do the wheel any justice. Once I get all fitment issues out of the way I am gonna have some pics taken.
UPDATE:

I offically give up. I now have a 32 offset F and Same 42 rear. I still have a humming/grind noise coming from the front end drivers side.

I changed out lugs as well with no success. I put stock wheels back on in the front to see if the problem still exists and it does not.

At 80mph I have a slight vibration in the steering wheel. Wheels were balanced and no vibration with braking from 60mph - 0.

I was told it was possible tire noise, I am convinced it is not. I have check the alignment but I double that is my problem.

The shop is out of answers, and I haven't contacted vossen. So I am either gonna hold on the to the wheels for another month and sell them give someone a sick deal on brand new wheels or deal with the noise. I haven't decieded yet.

Overall this has been a very very bad experience for me. Wish I had something more positive to report back.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:54 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn bro im sorry to hear that, I'll say contact vossen to see what they can help you out with. I have the same wheels with 0 issues but I have offsets 20F 25R. I hope you can solve your issue but don't give up yet. Good luck
Old 06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
JGabucci

Originally Posted by BooSa37
Damn bro im sorry to hear that, I'll say contact vossen to see what they can help you out with. I have the same wheels with 0 issues but I have offsets 20F 25R. I hope you can solve your issue but don't give up yet. Good luck
I wanted the 20 up front. I was told it was way to aggresive looking. I have stock suspension no drop. I was scared it would look bad. Vossen drilled out a 32 offset to fit my lug pattern. This really sucks, everytime I get in the car I have to drive around like this.. 3k later.. Wasted money.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:59 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea it is aggressive but looks really good tho. You should had dropped the car on Eibachs at least but It really sucks how things turned out for you.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 AM
jarena2104

not to bring up an old thread but i ordered these wheels and the wheel shop also ordered me 38 front and 42 rear ......... which i was also wondering if the 20 front offset would be better because it would be more flush? anyone else know anything about this?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 AM
doramider7

Marcelo I am not sure off the top of my head but I believe that is whats on there. I don't see any rubbing on the inside of the fender lining at all. There is plenty of clearance and space for travel.
Hummm so weird. Why spacers? Do these wheels come with different size offsets? Maybe they gave you the wrong one? This guy mounted the front wheel and it cleared the caliper, no spacers. He was showing me the wheel to see how it would look.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:54 PM
JGabucci

Originally Posted by jarena2104
not to bring up an old thread but i ordered these wheels and the wheel shop also ordered me 38 front and 42 rear ......... which i was also wondering if the 20 front offset would be better because it would be more flush? anyone else know anything about this?
Jarena if you have a S-Type DO NOT, repeat DO NOT get the 38 offset. They will not fit! Vossen made a last minute change to the front wheel to be slightly concave. Because of this the 38 offset in front does not clear the calipers without the use of spacers.

There fix from my understanding was to make a 32 offset with the the lug pattern suited for our G's. Most guys are going with the 20-25 offset to clear the front S type sport caliper. 20 offset upfront is alittle aggressive and yes the wheels will poke out a bit. As for how much on a stock suspension setup I am not sure of and I wish I could see it up close myself. 25 in the rear of a convertible might actually look better then the 42 offset due to the wider rear. I went 42 in the rear and it looks flush with a 32 front.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:57 PM
JGabucci

Originally Posted by doramider7
Hummm so weird. Why spacers? Do these wheels come with different size offsets? Maybe they gave you the wrong one? This guy mounted the front wheel and it cleared the caliper, no spacers. He was showing me the wheel to see how it would look.
38 offset front does not fit the S - type. Hence the need for spacers upfront. No S-type, no problem.

32 offsets are being made for the G37 S-type.

Or 20 offset which is aggressive. I didn't want to look like a clown with wheels poking out the front fenders, I couldn't find picture of the wheel on a stock setup, but plently on lowered cars which looked amazing. I running stock height.

Quick Reply: *Vossen VVS-CS1 On MW Vert