Help Best looking 5 spoke design?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 07:55 PM
MikeSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far I like the design of the Stern ST-6 Yoshi wheels. However, I have heard that these wheels are not the best product (you get what you pay for from what I have read). I am also looking for a nice 5 spoke design. I would love something similar to the ST-6. Anyone have any ideas that will fit as a stock replacement for a 2008 G37S? I did not realize that it would be soooo hard to find replacement aftermarket wheels for this car! I have been looking for a while.

Since we are on the topic, can anyone tell me what the stock wheel specs are, bolt pattern, front and rear wheel sizes etc... Also what is the best offset to look for?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 PM
MikeSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also like these. Not sure how they will fit the car though with the offsets etc... Here is a link to the wheels....suggestions/comments? MRR Design Wheels MRR HR2 Chrome Wheels - Wheel Studio - Wheel and Tire Packages For Sale on Wheelstudio.com

Old 05-27-2010, 08:33 PM
TONY37X

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Any thoughts on these? Enkei Performance RAZR on Tirerack.com

Attachment 84019]

Last edited by TONY37X; 09-25-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:50 PM
TONY37X

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Anybody? Seen these or have them?
Old 05-29-2010, 05:51 PM
oro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Fine, Volk isnt crap, but it is nothing special. WHen is the last time someone was at a car show and you heard "OHH WOW, look at those Volks". Never. They are just boring and overdone. I like wheels that are unique. You put some Auto Coture Aristos on your car, you will never see another car rocking them.
Never heard it at a car show but heard it at the track a ton.

I think the problem with the Aristo design is there isn't much design, its just flat with a big lip. It doesn't have anything going on and although the understated look can look good that design to me looks like what much cheaper wheels end up looking like.

Aside from that the spokes seem too fat to me with such a slight taper, I think they would look good on a much bulkier car, like an IS350 or a G Sedan, but not on a coupe.

I loved my Volk GTS' so much I dropped my Mercury Silver for the now discontinued GTS Phantoms in Formula Silver. Formula Silver is a superior color for darker cars in general but pops wells on lighter cars.
Name:  leftquarter.gif
Views: 417
Size:  244.1 KB
Name:  rims1.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  53.2 KB

I would suggest something a little different if you are looking for a "richer" non-played out look with a nice 5 spoke I'd look up some GFG Nice Fives.

They are a little thicker in the spoke but still have some angles to them so they don't just look smooth and kind of unmemorable My 2 cents though.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:53 PM
oro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MikeSS
So far I like the design of the Stern ST-6 Yoshi wheels. However, I have heard that these wheels are not the best product (you get what you pay for from what I have read). I am also looking for a nice 5 spoke design. I would love something similar to the ST-6. Anyone have any ideas that will fit as a stock replacement for a 2008 G37S? I did not realize that it would be soooo hard to find replacement aftermarket wheels for this car! I have been looking for a while.

Since we are on the topic, can anyone tell me what the stock wheel specs are, bolt pattern, front and rear wheel sizes etc... Also what is the best offset to look for?

I wouldn't rock the Sterns personally, they were popular for a while here with the Z crowd but I had a lot of them come in on some M3's and a few other cars when I was still in the field, they felt extremely heavy for only being 19's and up close their quality just didn't seem too hot.