Smudged my shoe

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by mindonmatter
That's not true. I've had wheels fixed at least 5 times on different cars and never could tell there had been a repair.
you missed my point, the factory 19" wheel has a gunmetal color to it that can not be matched PERFECTLY by any other wheel repair shop no matter what. Since no one knows the paint code on the wheels, they just go by matching to whatever is close enough, and to me its not enough knowing that the wheel does not match the other wheels. I just spent the extra knowing its a brand new wheels and matched perfectly with my other wheels. Below is how badly my wheel was..

the new one!

Old 04-21-2010, 01:00 AM
BHB 91

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good and so do those rotors!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:24 AM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW! what happen to your wheels dude? Did you have a bad parking experience or what? Yeah nice rotors, who makes them?
Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
damn thats some bad curb rash, mine is nothing compared to that.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:41 PM
dsnke1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: Finally got this fixed 3 months later. Called up the Alloy Wheel guy nearest me several times, never received call back. Figured guy just doesnt bother with individuals, so I took it back to the dealer who had quoted $225 (little more than the $150 someone else said) and said f*^% it, Im gonna do it. So I had that done and got 2 new front tires. However, apparently the wheel repair guy fixed the wheel before the new tires got put on; the paint he used hadnt completely dried and the tech messed up the paint putting the tires on. Had to wait for wheel guy to come back and redo it. Didnt know where it had been fixed upon examination of the wheel itself, so I had to use the previous pics I took just to find the right spoke. See for yourself, you can sort of see where it was sanded down but definitely much better and unless you were specifically looking for it, you would not notice.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Infiniti93
Banned

Originally Posted by G_STYLIN
^^^Lesson learned... Dont drink and drive stickshift.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:40 PM
GianG37x

luckily i bought a contract with autoknight thru the dealer.. cost me like 469 bucks for the life of the lease and they replace or fix ur rim or tires.. for anything in the world (minus theft of course) i had scuffed 2 rims and theyre as good as new... definitely worth it given our wheels.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsnke1
Little brother asked me to take him to Checkers. I tried to get close enough to the window for him and had no idea where the damn curb was. Let this be a lesson learned to never used the drive through, and never ever use the passenger side drive through. it doesnt pay to be lazy, I should have told him to run inside and get his damn bacon champ burger Is there anyway to buff this thing out or paint it? If not, how much would one 19" OEM wheel run me? Im not entierly serious about getting a new shoe because of the smudge below, but if its for the right price at least I wont stare it everytime Im on the passenger side of the car
I had mines fixed at a body shop...it took them about 4 days to get the car back to me and the wheels looked like new. It cost me about $350...and all the wheels matched perfectly.

And then I was dumb enough to let the wife drive it...

Last edited by Only4theGnme; 08-17-2010 at 04:06 PM.