Need good tires that aren't so expensive g37s 6mt

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Harley'sG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would recommend the BS RE760's. I have about 5k on them so far and they have been great. After buying this car used and running around on the original RE050's I was disappointed a little in the statement of "luxury" sports car. Come to find out that ALL of my disappointment had to do with those 050's. I know any new tire would be better than those things right away and I still only have 5k on them, but holy crap what a difference. Especially in the rain! It rains, no it storms here a lot in Houston and these are really good with handling the water on the roads. They are very quiet as well and as far as I can tell handle very well. (taken a few corner's that the wife wasn't too happy about but it sure was fun ) If you go to dctire you can for negotiate with them. I ended up getting them there and got the roadside warranty for all four and installation for right at $900...plus a $70 rebate from Bstone.

Good luck man! Oh, BTW...I went with the original sizes that were on the 19' stock rims.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Harley'sG
I would recommend the BS RE760's. I have about 5k on them so far and they have been great. After buying this car used and running around on the original RE050's I was disappointed a little in the statement of "luxury" sports car. Come to find out that ALL of my disappointment had to do with those 050's. I know any new tire would be better than those things right away and I still only have 5k on them, but holy crap what a difference. Especially in the rain! It rains, no it storms here a lot in Houston and these are really good with handling the water on the roads. They are very quiet as well and as far as I can tell handle very well. (taken a few corner's that the wife wasn't too happy about but it sure was fun ) If you go to dctire you can for negotiate with them. I ended up getting them there and got the roadside warranty for all four and installation for right at $900...plus a $70 rebate from Bstone.

Good luck man! Oh, BTW...I went with the original sizes that were on the 19' stock rims.
Great feedback. Is there a difference in ride quality and noise level?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:32 PM
redfoster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not a fan of Nitto's myself but me and Car&Driver both really really like the performance Kumho. Way better wet performance than the Potenza's and the top tested skid pad numbers, even over the Michelin Pilots.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:07 AM
JoshLee89

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i have hankook's on my vossen. They are great and i love it. its quiet and responsive
Not the best as the experts say when I went to install, but it is definetly best in that price range.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:26 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Harley'sG

That's surprising since the RE760s are actually supposed to be one step down (performance-wise) than the RE050s. At least they're a bit cheaper. Either way, I'm thinking of getting those next since they come in OEM sizes for the Sedan's stock sport wheels which are 18". Not much choice in summer tires for that, but Neal@tirerack posted the RE760s should also last longer than the RE050.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Harley'sG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess it all depends on the preference and what type of weather you deal with where you live. Again, I bought the car used and was on a pair of used 050s so to be fair, I didn't get to experience them through the entire life. I read a lot before buying these and couldn't find anything bad about them. Was supposed to still handle well dry or wet, be less noisy, and last longer. I plan on keeping the stock 19's and wanted to stay with the original sizes and this is the best deal I could find price/review wise. They get a from me.