Wheels of america

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:47 AM
adam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheels of america

Picture speaks for itself. Axle broke, wheel bent, dealer sent to wheels of america to "fix" a "slightly bent and scratched" wheel. $129, the paint peels off, If I want to I can peel the entire thing off and have a matte black finish wheel, but I dont have the time or patience for it.

On a side note: I ordered tires from Tirerack on Tuesday, they were out of stock(at the time thats I ordered them) and they arrived at my house first thing Friday morning on that same week.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:58 PM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that sucks, but ya that black behind it looks like a nice color too haha.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
tiimmywiin84

how did your axle break?? just curious
Old 02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
beerme986

looks like a bad primer job. paint did not stick to the rim at all
Old 02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
adam

Originally Posted by tiimmywiin84
how did your axle break?? just curious
Someone tried to get int my lane on the highway and hit that wheel and slightly bent it. Later the axle broke.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Namir
Registered Member

So let me get this straight.. someone hit YOU and bent your wheel eventually breaking your axle, then you went to your dealer and they sent you to some cheapo wheel fixing place and that did a crap job of repairing your wheel?

I would just tell insurance you want a new wheel as this wheel is clearly not satisfactory and potentially unsafe to be driving on.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:21 PM
adam

Originally Posted by Namir
So let me get this straight.. someone hit YOU and bent your wheel eventually breaking your axle, then you went to your dealer and they sent you to some cheapo wheel fixing place and that did a crap job of repairing your wheel?

I would just tell insurance you want a new wheel as this wheel is clearly not satisfactory and potentially unsafe to be driving on.
No. The dealer gave me a rental car of their lot and took care of fixing my car. First they wanted to repair my axle but they ended up replacing it. They sent the wheel to wheels of america and it was all good until i went to get my new tires mounted today and the entire clear coat just scraped off just on the wheel that was refinished by wheels of america. So yes I will go and complain. For two reasons; my car is making a weird humming noise which sounds like its clearly from the dealer being incompetent in fixing my axle but they claim it was my worn tires. So I bought new tires to prove them wrong, the noise is still there so I will go back this week and have them take care of this messed up wheel as well as whatever is causing the rough noise.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:32 PM
digitaldistorte

Tell your insurance company you want a new wheel. I don't understand why the dealership doesn't want to bill them for everything they possibly can under the sun - the full marked-up price on a new axle and a new wheel, etc. Or are you paying this out of pocket for some reason?!