Decisions, Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:51 PM
HKSG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decisions, Decisions

So I picked up a 2009 Sedan in November and everday since then, I have been searching for the most complimentary wheels for the car. I have spent countless hours both here and over at G35driver searching post after post with pictures and peoples thoughts they posted. I am FRIED at looking anymore.

It seems the most popular wheels are the Vossen VS082 and the Volk GT30. My prior car had a set of Volk RE30 so I am not liking the GT30 because I want something fresh and new for my car. I really like the design of the Vossen but have read they are uber heavy and I do not want to risk adding more weight to an already heavy car. I will be replacing the stock suspension in place of a coilover setup so I am willing to run a pretty aggressive size/width/offset. I really like the look of the staggered deeper set wheel with a nice lip.

My question is........what other choices are there?

I would like to know if BBS LM's, Advan RSD or any of the HRE wheels will fit and if anyone has any experience outside of the Vossen/Volk world.

I know this is an often asked question but I am done searching and am looking for any assistance. If you have pics of alternate wheel setups, please post them up here with your own experiance.

Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 04:00 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would narrow down your price range first. vossen and volks are not really the same category. vossens will cost you around $1900 for 20's.(assuming you dont get the forged ones) volks as you know are in the thousands.

But are you awd? sport package?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:02 PM
colburs

I don't know which of these are offered in our fitment but some of my favorite wheels are:

Fikse Profil 10
BBS CH
Borbet LV4
OZ Michelangelo 8
Old 02-12-2010, 04:07 PM
HKSG37s

I am rear wheel drive with the sport package and Akebono brakes. I am not really concerned with price at this time. Also, I forgot to mention that I do not want to go larger then 20 inch.

These two are nice.

Fikse Profil 10
BBS CH

Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by HKSG37s; 02-12-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:14 PM
beerme986

if money is not a worry then there are tons of options for you. companies like HRE and 360 forged come to mind. sick wheels and most are custom made for your car
Old 02-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Danny@Limited Edition
Former Sponsor

If weight saving is a priority, check out Forgestar

Comes with custom offset so they will be made to fit, however aggressive you'd like.

Check out iForged too for more styles

iForged Gallery

Let me know if you're interested in anything
Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 PM
ruckus12251985

ssr's r real nice too
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2621/...4b45d334_o.jpg

Last edited by ruckus12251985; 02-12-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: add link
Old 02-12-2010, 09:55 PM
colburs

I've had two sets of Fikse's on another car. They are very nice wheels and are very strong. They are more of a form follows function type of design and not really about bling or looks over performance. They are very well engineered and when you see them up close and personal the machining is outstanding. Hugely popular in the road racing circles. Not so much for the street tuners.

They were recently bought by Kodiak out of Canada which is another great forged, three piece wheel company. Kodiak's designs are a little more basic and not as intricate as Fikse.

The BBS wheels are super sweet and look to be available in our offsets in 18", 19" and 20". BBS forged wheels are top notch because they are net forged and the grain doesn't cross the spokes at all, it flows in line with the spokes. On other forged wheels they take a large disk and machine it down. Unless you get a radially spoked wheel (Fikse Mach V, Fikse FM5 for example) then the spoke will invariale cross the grain. To accomodate the manufacturer has to beef the wheels up slightly. That being said for street use any of these wheels will fit the bill.

If I had the coin I'd have BBS CH's on my car.

Last edited by colburs; 02-12-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 PM
colburs

Sorry, just noticed that the CH's are spun pressure cast which is almost as good. Many of the other BBS's have a forged center...like the RE.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:02 PM
HKSG37s

Thanks for everyones input so far. Keep the info coming.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:22 PM
C@ciQ

Check my COR FORGED MONOBLOCK BRAVA F1. They will look real ****ing good in a sedan.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by HKSG37s
I am FRIED at looking anymore.

BTDT.

It seems the most popular wheels are the Vossen VS082 and the Volk GT30. My prior car had a set of Volk RE30 so I am not liking the GT30 because I want something fresh and new for my car. I really like the design of the Vossen but have read they are uber heavy and I do not want to risk adding more weight to an already heavy car. I will be replacing the stock suspension in place of a coilover setup so I am willing to run a pretty aggressive size/width/offset. I really like the look of the staggered deeper set wheel with a nice lip.

Th Vossen and Volk all seem pretty "blingy" and they are heavy too. Including the forged models.

My question is........what other choices are there?

I would like to know if BBS LM's, Advan RSD or any of the HRE wheels will fit and if anyone has any experience outside of the Vossen/Volk world.

I know this is an often asked question but I am done searching and am looking for any assistance. If you have pics of alternate wheel setups, please post them up here with your own experiance.

Thanks
I spoke to BBS and they don't have any rims over 18" to fit our cars. I can never get a direct answer from HRE, so I guess you have to talk to a dealer. Advan RS-D are really nice and weigh about 21lbs for 19".

If you are looking for a large selection, you are on the wrong site. The VAST majority here are running Volk, Vossen or cheapies. Welcome to many hours of googling and good luck!

Shane D

PS: There are a lot of cool wheels that are just aimed at Porsche, BMW and Mercedes. Too bad.