QUESTION: Those who have had Wheels stolen

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 04:14 PM
barc111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your dealer should have multiple service vehicles at the moment. Talk with the service manager and have them pull 3 spares out. If that doesn't work call Infiniti cs line and bitch. sorry for your continued bad fortune, but stop waiting for other people to get things done.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
BocaIvan

Originally Posted by erock
Ahh, kinda makes sense. Was it resting on the discs/rotors? Was there any damage with all that weight being supported?
Yea it was on the rotors, noting happened to the car.

It was hard to watch...
Old 12-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by erock
You guys are absolutely right, I'll get some stands today. Honestly I thought it would have/ should have been towed by now.
When taking of those blocks be careful not to Jack the car too high because you could slide them of the bricks and then you will have a big problem.

Just jack the jack up to the level of the brick and maybe one bump up above and attempt to put your rims on then.

ALSO - (FOR ALL AS WELL! If your car is a G37S(sport) you have to be very careful putting your rims on the front. You can easily chip the paint off your large brake Calipers by hitting the rims inner lip on the edge of the calipers.

I accidently hit the very edge lightly on one caliper and it chiped a chunk about quarter size of a dime off.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Id call the dealer adn tell them to bring over 3 spares so you can drive the car to there shop to get new wheels put on. If your gonna be spending thounds of $ on new wheels from them that is the least they can do. If they say no call another dealership.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:15 PM
stEVO2822

Sorry for your Loss;( So your out of your car for several days and have to pay a deductible because some scum bags. Its hard to try and keep anything nice... I would definitely be on getting that thing on jack stands soon.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:09 PM
flagrant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude listen to me, your not 5 why are yo waiting around for someone else to take charge, having you wife call them? WTF? Get the car on stands rt now! Then Get on the phone, act like a man.... Go buy a set of stock wheels n tires off here or craigslist asap. Or but aftermarket rims, and let insurance reimburse you, there gonna pay anyway. why are you so unsure of yourself? My car would NEVER sit on blocks for 4 days. You gotta get this asap!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:32 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
erock... where are you located? PM me if you're near me I'll help you out.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:27 AM
erock

Originally Posted by da mayor
erock... where are you located? PM me if you're near me I'll help you out.
Thanks Da Mayor, but I'm in Central Jersey, a bit far....

Flagrant: I'm assuming you thought you were trying to offer advice? Asking if I was 5yo and that I need to "act like a man"? Um, really? Feel better about yourself now after talking down to someone over the internet?

Since it offended you so much that I had my wife call *GASP* here's why... ready... she had the time to follow up in the afternoon, I didn't.

Whatever, it's the internet... maybe I read your post out of context, or, maybe you wanna bait me into a cyber rumble so you can once again respond w/ an "I'm an alpha" male response again.... Unless you can offer real helpful advice, consider this my last response to you... There you go, you win...

Anyway, thanks to everyone else who offered advice. That's all this thread is for really. Just wanted to know what everyone else went thru and how it was handled...

Last edited by erock; 12-12-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Skates
Registered Member

This thread is turning into an episode of the Jersey Shores!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:10 AM
flagrant

Maybe i came off wrong, but all i was trying to say, why in the world would let your car sit on blocks for 4 days, and that i thought you would want car secured on car stands or a 2nd set of rims?? and because it gonna snow pretty soon..... thats not something id wanna do in the snow.... my bad......
Old 12-12-2009, 11:26 AM
erock

Originally Posted by flagrant
Maybe i came off wrong, but all i was trying to say, why in the world would let your car sit on blocks for 4 days, and that i thought you would want car secured on car stands or a 2nd set of rims?? and because it gonna snow pretty soon..... thats not something id wanna do in the snow.... my bad......

Well I apologize then, like I said, it's the internet; kinda hard to truly understand the context of some people's posts. No biggie

Anyway, TBH, I honestly thought the car would've been at the shop days ago. I'm used to the insurance co. handling all my claims in a very timely manner so it suprised me that it was taking this long.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:04 PM
da45king

The insurance company should have handled getting the car to a safe position until the claim is settled. No way should the owner be liable once the claim examiner saw arrived on the seen.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:33 AM
1SiCkG
Banned

ill tell u right now it takes months it took me 2 months to get 2900$ out of geico and they busted my ***** investigating for months askin tons of questions and pictures theyh look at the whole big picture so jus a word of advice if your planning to skeem i wouldnt suggest it because they come and look at the car a few times!