Help Getting SSR MS1 need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Black Bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Getting SSR MS1 need advice.

Hey guys,

I'm getting those wheels for my G37S Coupe which is RWD. I called SSR Wheels in the U.S and I asked them to give me a good size of wheels and wheels that will not rub. I'm not planning to roll the finders.

This is the size and the offset:
Front: 20x9 +22
Rear: 20x10 +30

My big concern on these wheels is the rear wheels lip should stick out more than the front. Is this offset size is good enough to make them look cool?

If anyone have an example the same rear offset on the same size of wheels. Can you guys show me some?

An advice about the size of tires would be really nice. I'm planning to drop the car by 1 inch or 1 inch and half at least. I'm not a big fan of big tires. I don't like something goes like 265... I like them to me stretched and less than 260

I would like to order the wheels asap.

Last edited by Black Bird; 11-10-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: forgot to say if I have coupe or sedan.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
PM Lou@amplified for best service and price.

If you like stretch then do
20x9.5 +25
20x10.5 +18

What color is your car and what finish do you want? PM me if you want some gold one with tires with the offset I posted above.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 PM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

Oh no not another SSR MS1 setup lol, nice wheels though, just do a search theres like 3 other guys on here with the same rims, G37rider!$#$# (something like that), weiboy, and solismo they'll be able to help you out
Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 PM
jnguyen

Also please next time search around a little more. They have 3 members on the forum with the same wheel and offset. They are constantly being bump also
Old 11-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Black Bird

I'm not the kinda of guy who would want something before doing research. I'm not a n00b, but I might be n00b to you cause I'm just new.

Car details:
Made: Infiniti G37S Coupe
Drive: RWD
Wheels: Stock front 19x8 rear 19x9
Color: Athens Blue
Break kit: Stock Infiniti big breaks.

Upgrade I want to do:
SSR MS1 Professor Wheels
Setup:
20x9
20x10
Color: Black not Flat Black!

I have been doing a research on those wheels since a week now in this forum and other forums like g37driver.com & g35driver.com...etc

All I found is this setup:
20x9.5 +25
20x10.5 +18

I don't want to use this setup because as I said I don't want to roll the fenders, plus lowering cars in United Arab Emirates (my country) is illegal. I'll lower it, but not that much only by 1.5 inches.

I want a safe setup for the wheels which is:
Front: 20x9
Rear: 20x10

I'm not sure about a good offset cause I don't understand it even though I have read a lot about offset and I still can't get it. Maybe it's because of my poor English.

in the safe setup I'm looking for is to show the the rear lip out more than the front.

Thanks for your advanced help.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:14 AM
jnguyen

No matter what the rear will stick out more than the front because of the difference in width. I'm not a pro with offsets either so I would not want to offer my help on a custom offset and you hate it.

Try taking a look at this thread and see if you see anything you like
https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-...-7-4-08-a.html

They have many wheels on there with listed offset and etc.

Also I'm sorry if I offended you by calling you a noob. Its clear that you aren't by the research you have done and I misread the OP. I think the offset you chose will work perfect if you're stretching and dropping. I don't think you will need to roll the fender though. Just grind the rear fender bracket and cut the fender lining a little. Maybe a little neg camber will help too. If you need help on this I can also link you to the thread for this.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:29 AM
SOLISIMO

If your not gonna lower it and run neg. camber with that offset your car is gonna look like a Mexican 1986 Iroc Camaro. Good luck
Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Something tells me you're from the UAE born and raised in Abu Dhabi here

Basically the lower the offset, the more your wheels are pushed out. Our OEM wheels come with +43FR and +45RR offsets (measured in mm's)

With the setup you found (+25 & +18), not only will you be pushing your rear wheels 27mm's outwards, but you're also adding 1.5" to is width of the wheel (0.75" on each side) so that's a total of almost 46mm! Meaning your wheels will stick out to something like this

Look for something in the 30s range
Old 11-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good post Sam. Yes then you want offsets in the mid 30's and you wont have any issues.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:06 PM
harman

I thought the op was looking for 30 offset in the rears? " This is the size and the offset:
Rear: 20x10 +30"
Old 11-11-2009, 12:13 PM
jnguyen

Well +32 is pretty much flush with stock camber but it seems he want to drop it a 1.5 drop which will make him camber so that offset should be nice I think.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Black Bird

Originally Posted by jnguyen
No matter what the rear will stick out more than the front because of the difference in width. I'm not a pro with offsets either so I would not want to offer my help on a custom offset and you hate it.

Try taking a look at this thread and see if you see anything you like
https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-...-7-4-08-a.html

They have many wheels on there with listed offset and etc.

Also I'm sorry if I offended you by calling you a noob. Its clear that you aren't by the research you have done and I misread the OP. I think the offset you chose will work perfect if you're stretching and dropping. I don't think you will need to roll the fender though. Just grind the rear fender bracket and cut the fender lining a little. Maybe a little neg camber will help too. If you need help on this I can also link you to the thread for this.
I thank you very much for trying to help out with what you could, but I have gone through that thread and I could not find the setup I posted. I appreciate your help a lot

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
If your not gonna lower it and run neg. camber with that offset your car is gonna look like a Mexican 1986 Iroc Camaro. Good luck
You just don't read what I wrote... I said I'll lower the car by at least 1 inch or 1.5 inches.. I already said at the same time it's illegal in UAE to do that...

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Something tells me you're from the UAE born and raised in Abu Dhabi here

Basically the lower the offset, the more your wheels are pushed out. Our OEM wheels come with +43FR and +45RR offsets (measured in mm's)

With the setup you found (+25 & +18), not only will you be pushing your rear wheels 27mm's outwards, but you're also adding 1.5" to is width of the wheel (0.75" on each side) so that's a total of almost 46mm! Meaning your wheels will stick out to something like this

Look for something in the 30s range
You are right sam I'm from UAE, but from Al Ain not Abu Dhabi. The picture you posted and your explanation is clear and good enough to me. Really helpful info

I'll order the wheels by tomorrow after confirming about the size with SSR again.

Originally Posted by harman
I thought the op was looking for 30 offset in the rears? " This is the size and the offset:
Rear: 20x10 +30"
Yep
Old 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
SOLISIMO

What Im trying to get at is that with a 1.5" your rears will not camber in enough thats all, yeah you can camber it in but it will look ugly. If you really like the rim buy them and have a proven shop shave some mm off the offset so that it puts you where you want to be. Im not being difficult I just want you to be happy with your decision. The three of us that have the rim are all slammed (one on bags and two on coils) which is why you get the look.

Now if you do go with H&R springs you will be able to get what you want but you will need to trim or relocate the rear bumper bracket and remove the inner lining. Hope this helps
Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Black Bird

Originally Posted by jnguyen
Well +32 is pretty much flush with stock camber but it seems he want to drop it a 1.5 drop which will make him camber so that offset should be nice I think.
If i add that +32 in the rear you mean the lip will stick out more from the wheel's center? or is it gonna look pushed out more?

Cause what I want is to have the rear wheels pushed inside more to the center than the lip.

Explain it to me if you don't mind.

I have seen this example and I feel confused..

The picture tells me + will push out the design or the spokes away from the center more... and - will push it back in close to the center.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM
SOLISIMO

That picture confuses me ( Im Cuban ) but at +32 you will be able to tuck if thats the look you want, I had Tork rims and the offset was +25 with a 5mm spacer and was able to fit pretty flush but aggressive looking, so with +32 its gonna be perfect and what you want. Just make sure it clears the brakes.

Quick Reply: Help Getting SSR MS1 need advice.