Help with affordable aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:25 PM
pacinoj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with affordable aftermarket wheels

I'm looking to purchase affordable aftermarket wheels for my black G37 and looking to spend about $2500 on a tire and wheel package. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for black with a chrome lip.

Here are a few that i've looked at. I'm trying to decide between 19" or 20" wheels. How is the ride on 20" tires?

Also, has anyone dealt with WheelsNext.com before? I usually go though tire rack for all my wheel and tire needs but they don't have anything that I am looking for.

ICW Racing Jet:

DRIFZ Venom:

RPM R-505:

Petrol Vengeance:

Thanks in Advanced
Old 06-19-2009, 04:26 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vossens or Works
Old 06-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Triple_X

for a couple hundred more you can get a set of vossens with tires. I guess 2500 would work if you got cheaper tires and a hook up
Old 06-19-2009, 04:51 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Get vossens or look in the marketplace for a used set
Old 06-19-2009, 07:51 PM
last lemming

Not to be hating on Vossens, but whats everybody's hard on for them. They are just one of hundreds of brands. A rim is rim for the most part, and if they're even just decent quality they will hold up find for everyday use, and if they are lighter than stock then thats better too. Who cares what brand your rim is. I'm not saying Vossens arn't nice, but let's not be overly elitest here. If you like the rim and the fitment is what you are after and name dropping doesn't mean that much to you then go for whatever rim floats your boat. I think the RPM looks good. I've also seen a couple of Axis wheels that look nice.

I mean the reality is if your not showing your car or posting images up for people to comment on nobody is ever gonna know or care what rim is on your ride but you.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess the general consensus is buying from a brand that is actively present here for support, known to produce quality products, and have positive testimonials from members – all for a nominal cost difference – then it is an obvious and preferred choice, versus an unknown brand that may or may not be good for all of the aforementioned. And at the end of the day you decide to choose such an unknown brand, and you're unlucky, it's just not worth the hassle.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:45 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by last lemming
Not to be hating on Vossens, but whats everybody's hard on for them. They are just one of hundreds of brands. A rim is rim for the most part, and if they're even just decent quality they will hold up find for everyday use, and if they are lighter than stock then thats better too. Who cares what brand your rim is. I'm not saying Vossens arn't nice, but let's not be overly elitest here. If you like the rim and the fitment is what you are after and name dropping doesn't mean that much to you then go for whatever rim floats your boat. I think the RPM looks good. I've also seen a couple of Axis wheels that look nice.

I mean the reality is if your not showing your car or posting images up for people to comment on nobody is ever gonna know or care what rim is on your ride but you.

Thank you for posting this, and I agree with you 110%.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:27 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
I think Axis has some badass looking wheels...They also offer then in pretty cool finishes...Such as matte black with TA style pinstripe....
Old 06-20-2009, 01:40 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i had no issues w/ renneninternational.com... the donz line up is a nice look and a great price.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:33 AM
TJHG37S

I've heard WheelsNext has terrible customer service so I'd watch out for them.

Why not get a set of wheels from a member here selling them? Could get a very nice set for that much and help a brother out...
Old 06-20-2009, 10:36 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
People just like the Vossens because they have a good reputation, less worries and they are cheap.

You get whatever you want though. If you buy no name brands, you risk them not fitting, bad customer service, cheap quality, ect.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered from wheelsnext in the past for my mazda 6 and had no problems. wheels came mounted and balanced. you may have to buy TPMS unless you have they send the tires and wheels unmounted.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
For the same reason that most folks who wear sneakers would recommend Nike, Reebok, Puma, Adidas, etc. over some "no name" brand kicks. The off brand shoes still come in the same sizes, cover your feet, and have 2 laces. They are generally made the same way and come in a box. But the similarities might end there. They could be of equal or maybe greater quality, but probably not. They may have been around for a very long time with lots of satisfied consumers, but probably not. The could be really popular and have attractive styling that you just love, but probably not. In the end, it's your decision if you want to wear Payless shoes out on a date while you've got on $300 True Religion jeans and a $700 Versace shirt; if they fit and you like them - go for it. But be aware that they will kind of look out of place and just plain wrong to a lot of folks. That's kind of like putting cheapo wheels on a luxury sport coupe like a G37 to me.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:57 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
You could look into XIX wheels as well. Myself and a few other members are pretty happy with ours. Check out this thread for mounted pix https://www.myg37.com/forums/wheels-...your-pics.html
Old 06-20-2009, 11:58 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Some member is selling his Volk GT30s used of course for 2700, go for those. That's in your budget range, sort of.

Quick Reply: Help with affordable aftermarket wheels