Buying Vossen from Hpauto-Long Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WARNING...semi-leg humping to follow:

If you look in My Garage, I have bought more from Andy than any other vendor....depends on price, availability, who answers the phone/IM, etc.

But with a wide range of products we all know that mistakes are made.....but the real key to customer service is the response you get after a mistake is made. Do they ignor you or is a "fair" settlement reached. I had an issue with a GTSpec 4pt brace and he was johnny-on-the-spot with a call to GTSpec. Bottom line both Andy and Mark at GTSpec got the issue resolved....and I bought some more stuff as a result.

BTW, for those that like the new Vossen VSS-085, Andy has the wrong offsets posted on his web-page [he has 28/38 on one and 32/39 on the other two colors]. The correct offsets per Jav at Vossen are going to be 38/45. I called Andy yesterday to let him know, but hung up at vm prompt (hate vm and yes it is a personal problem). As I was writing an IM to Andy, he called me back. Since then he has confirmed the info with Jav and will be updating his web-site. My point is that we can also help each other out when we see something in error.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by nogoodname007
Why do u have to quote the OP. Waste if bandwith.

3 weeks is not much. The usual is 4 to 6 weeks.
Andy is still a good guy.
Thank you. Posting 101

Originally Posted by TomG37
That really sucks Chris, I hope you get your wheels.

There are alot of leg humpers on this forum, get ready to be bashed.
I agree there are some LH's on here but regardless 3 weeks is nothing to wait for wheels. Personally I would be shocked if they arrived much quicker than that.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
You most likely got a great price to begin with, if a 3 week wait is sooo horrible; cancel your order and order them else where. You then can pay alot more and wait twice as long. After that happens, go ahead and create another thread

It has nothing to do with leg humping. It is just crazy to expect custom 3 piece wheels in a week. It took me two weeks to receive my wheels and they were used.

Mistakes were made, someone owned up to them and possibly some small peace offering was put on the table. Do you expect 100 dollars for a little waiting. Some people have waited 4 months for 200 dollar springs and they are not getting all pissy over it.
And another +1
Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
pfizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just move on guy. Three weeks is nothing.

BTW there is no more direct ordering from Vossen themselves everyone has to go through a third party.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:01 PM
chris9012

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Guys, read what the OP is trying to say! I agree Andy is probably one of the greatest vendors out there. The OP is just trying to say:

1) He waited 3 weeks for wheels that were in stock. Not ones that had to be made from scratch. Now that's a different story! Because they'd take even less than that to get to far azz Dubai!

2) He was told they were G37 fitment (offset) then he found out they needed 3mm spacers.

Now Andy apologized to you, there mustve been a mistake somewhere. No need to get greedy it's not like he sent you 15" wheels by mistake. Either take what you ordered or ask for a refund and move on to other wheels but bear in mind, you'd be lucky if they get to you in less than 3 weeks.

Sam has it right. You guys need to realize he said they were in stock and i would be recieving them in a week. If a vendor tells you that you get all excited to receive your wheels the next week.

Than while contacting him he says things are giong smoothly and there sent out already, until he tells me that all of a sudden there out of stock.

If i didn't call vossen myself i would be waiting longer. Andy explained to me what happened im just saying be careful and stay on top of your game when buying things because I'm not the first person this happened to. One person waited 2 months for wheels that were in stock. I realize waiting awhile for wheels is normal I know that, but these wheels were in stock and I did not have to wait for them to be made. ALSO another thing i forgot to mention after speaking with Vossen, turns out Andy didnt even place my order... I will repeat he didnt even place my order until yesterday.

I have bought the most of my products from Andy and have had one problem before this, this was the last straw. I am simply just sharing with you my experience letting future customers know to always check the status of products they order. I know Andy is a good guy etc etc im not saying that he's not all im saying is he shouldn't been on top of things in this situation and not have false info.

and whoseyourbuddie they are not 3 piece wheels, and they were in stock to begin with so if you use your head when you send things out to be shipped im in new york the wheels are in miami. shipping time is 5-7 days they will be here friday. your missing the point the wait only added to the problem he said they were on back order when they weren't and i would probably be waiting much longer if i hadn't called vossen

Last edited by chris9012; 06-09-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:06 PM
TomG37

The reason I call some of you leg humper is only because if this was Big Joes wheel shop you would all say screw him get your money back bla bla bla, but because its a vendor you like you all attack the OP like its his fault.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:13 PM
chris9012

two people have PM'ed me saying they had the same problem so you leg humpers can take a seat till you have been extremely displeased with purchasing a product.

And after speaking with vossen on the phone i wrote the email I wonder why they had me write an email after a phone conversation obviously because they have been having problems with Andy and orders, they told me I was the 5th guy this happened to.

Last edited by Blackjack; 06-09-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:21 PM
pfizzle

Andy should chime in.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i had to wait like 6 months for wheels ...

EDIT: from DPE not HPauto

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 06-09-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:38 PM
HamstersG

I was a semi-leg humper so I don't have to take a seat. And you really were "extremely displeased"? If so then I would hate to see how you felt if you are ever unlucky enough to run into some of the other horror stories that have been posted on this forum.

Originally Posted by chris9012
two people have PM'ed me saying they had the same problem one being a moderator so you leg humpers can take a seat till you have been extremely displeased with purchasing a product.

And after speaking with vossen on the phone i wrote the email I wonder why they had me write an email after a phone conversation obviously because they have been having problems with Andy and orders, they told me I was the 5th guy this happened to.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by chris9012
two people have PM'ed me saying they had the same problem so you leg humpers can take a seat till you have been extremely displeased with purchasing a product.

Man I really wish these people would have some huevos and speak up. If they have an issue with any vendor on the site I believe the community should have the right to know. (Not knocking on Andy at all for the record, it could be Lou@Amplified/Mike@CZP/importdps/Forged Dist/WHOEVER) We always assume things are going smoothly just because they are all paying vendors but that's obviously not always the case.

It's a business, and bumps in the road are expected at times and are sometimes bound to happen, but for a business owner to tell (or lie, take it as you want to) a paying customer that everythings "A-OK" when the wheel order hasn't even been placed is just rediculous IMO. And not placing the order until yesterday? Where's the honesty nowadays?

Not trying to **** anyone off just saying my opinion. Kudos to the OP who actually had the testicular fortitude to let everyone know his own personal experience eventhough he probably knew he'd get flamed. Don't blame him, he's just giving you guys a heads-up

It will most likely not happen to everyone, but then again it might happen to just you. Then what will you do? Sit back and keep your mouth closed or speak up? We need more honest members like the OP IMO. No matter who the vendor, if something ain't right, then let it be known.

Again, just my opinion

EDIT: Just saw Max said sumthing.

Last edited by Blackjack; 06-09-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
HamstersG

I agree that people should speak up with facts, but when they do they are either flamed or called leg-humpers. So the behavior of the forum members probably drives the perception of a lack of testicular fortitude.

Originally Posted by Gamedog
Man I really wish these people would have some huevos and speak up. If they have an issue with any vendor on the site I believe the community should have the right to know. (Not knocking on Andy at all for the record, it could be Lou@Amplified/Mike@CZP/importdps/Forged Dist/WHOEVER) We always assume things are going smoothly just because they are all paying vendors but that's obviously not always the case.

It's a business, and bumps in the road are expected at times and are sometimes bound to happen, but for a business owner to tell (or lie, take it as you want to) a paying customer that everythings "A-OK" when the wheel order hasn't even been placed is just rediculous IMO. And not placing the order until yesterday? Where's the honesty nowadays?

Not trying to **** anyone off just saying my opinion. Kudos to the OP who actually had the testicular fortitude to let everyone know his own personal experience eventhough he probably knew he'd get flamed. Don't blame him, he's just giving you guys a heads-up

It will most likely not happen to everyone, but then again it might happen to just you. Then what will you do? Sit back and keep your mouth closed or speak up? We need more honest members like the OP IMO. No matter who the vendor, if something ain't right, then let it be known.

Again, just my opinion

EDIT: Just saw Max said sumthing.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I guess I have just been in this game long enough to realize that 90% of the people in this business are slackers or have no idea about good business practices to begin with. So even the best vendors and suppliers screw stuff up. I pretty much count on my order being delayed or messed up regardless of who I purchase from and if its not I am, although rarely, pleasently surprised. I have yet to find a company, vendor, supplier, etc that has 100% perfect feedback all the time. Its a pink elephant....does not exist.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Not trying to get into a he said/she said battle cause that never gets anywhere. When the order was placed, I assumed that the 082 black lip was in stock. That is my fault which I had apologized for. When we contacted them, they said they didnt have any in stock but will have some coming in, not sure if they were coming in soon w the new 085 or on a later shippment. Customer agreed to wait, so everything was cool. Yesterday when I got in the office, I for the first time found out that they are not bringing in the 082 black lips at all. This was new news to me. They said they have sets in stock of the 082 black lip in 5x112 fittment which they would have to drill and require spacers. I was never made aware of this during the last few weeks. So when the customer called Vossen, they said "yea" we have the wheels in stock...which of course customer would have been like wtf. The issue I had was that YES they had the 082 black lip 5x112 fittment and should have made it aware to me that that was the only option. Obviously its a huge deal w spacers (some customers care/some dont), if I knew of this, I would have def told the customer to let him know and he could have decided if he wanted to run spacers or not. Spacers is a issue that should never be overlooked and I know for a fact I would have pointed to customer if I knew of it. I spoke w the customer yesterday and apologized that I was not made aware of this by Vossen. I told him they would machine the wheels and they couldnt ship out today and if for some reason it couldnt and would leave tomm, I would pay for 2 day so the wheels would get there on Friday. In a nutshell, I am apologizing for assuming and should have contacted them more often.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Triple_X

^^^ sounds like a mis-communication between the 3 parties. Also looks like it's resolved properly with an apology included and 2 day shipping for wheels prob cost a pretty penny...

yes I am a leg humper because I like legs that hook people up price wise big time compared to other people I've checked with (not just website vendors)
Old 06-09-2009, 04:11 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It really seems small. I know to the buyer it seems big, but there was no scamming or anything. Things just took a little while. Honestly I would have not wanted some where I had to run a spacer but that is your choice.

Glad it was all resolved.

Quick Reply: Buying Vossen from Hpauto-Long Thread