Review My 360* Forged experience...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Tainui

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 360* Forged experience...(long) UPDATED 6.6.09

First about me. I am a business owner and run my international company importing food and beverage ingredients from around the world. I have experience contracting ships, containers, trucks, and warehouses. We manage distribution and inventory chains for ALL the major beverage companies in the US. If you've had a drink of juice in the past year, I'm involved.

I enjoy this car and the forum. This forum is part of the reason I chose GTM for the twin turbo kit and HPAuto for several suspension mods. Sponsorship of this forum is why I chose 360* Forged to supply custom wheels for my car. We are able to enjoy this site and it's benefits for free because of the sponsors and I appreciate that.

Dealing with the "old" and "new" Forged teams I can say that nothing has changed with this vendor. Same game, different name. I ordered and paid my deposit on March 11 for a set of Spec 12's. I was told "3-6 weeks but it might be 4-8 so I can't promise 3-6 because it might be longer." I accept that because I know how these things work and what is involved.

After 8 weeks I called to check on my status and nobody was available and they'd have to call back. After a week or so of getting the call back message I decided to wait on hold. Then Scott tells me my wheels are in and painted. They just need to dry and they'll be shipped. He's going to send me my tracking numbers on Wednesday.

Another week goes by. I call again and self proclaimed "only person who knows anything" Jesse says, "They're not back from California yet and once they get back they need to be painted and then they can be shipped. They'll be here Monday or Tuesday.

Another week goes by. Call again. They should be here the end of this week and then we can paint them and ship them. I pushed this time because it's the same line of crap. If you don't know, say so and I'm fine with that. Do not keep lying when you don't know and stringing me along. Jesse, has the audacity to accuse ME of lying while recounting this history by saying that she doesn't know who I've been talking to but it must have been some other Jesse. This is the point where management is supposed to address the concerns of a client and we're wiping the slate clean of this business for you failing to deliver on any part of the purchase agreement.

Once again, her production manager has to call me back "this afternoon" because he's not here at the moment. No call back, why am I not surprised?

The real kicker that pushed me over the edge is seeing the EXACT set of wheels I ordered, and patiently waited more than 8 weeks to receive, posted here on the forum for sale as "in stock." While the day before I was told they had no idea on a ship date beyond the maybe next week story.

My most crucial mistake was seeing the marketing (which is ultimately ALL this company is, a marketing ploy) and their status as a vendor on this forum and taking the chance on a set of expensive wheels which I think are attractive. Only later did I come to see the disaster that is the Forged team across several other forums (thanks to the members here).

I wonder if anyone down there have any idea how to manage production, inventory, suppliers and especially CUSTOMERS? Now I'm not at all surprised by the comments I've now seen on other forums.

I admit this does feel like a high school he said thing, but your members need to be sure that things have NOT changed at Forged. Their problem is the same as it has apparently always been. They do a great job marketing products they cannot produce in a reasonable time. It doesn't help that they can't deliver on any level of customer service (I can't imagine what would happen if you actually had a problem with the wheels after taking delivery).

Dear 360 Forged or whatever you call yourselves today, I'll gladly take my full refund in place of the wheels which apparently are in stock and available today.

Best Regards.

UPDATED 6/6/09

As many know I went through a customer service disaster on the part of 360* Forged in order to get the rims I wanted. The whole process was supposed to take 3-6 weeks and took more than 10 with plenty of missing and miscommunication along the way.

In spite of all the web threads mentioning missing orders, rusting parts, out of round wheels, etc. etc (they are nearly endless) and my own discontent with the manner in which the organization conducts itself, I did finally receive the wheels as ordered on Friday. They are truly, exactly what I was looking for and the finish is perfect. Pfizzle was sponsored and received his order immediately, I paid and waited. This has been a deal where the ends don't seem to justify the means but they really do make it easier to digest.

I'm going to wait and see how I really feel after a few days pass but I did receive my order and the wheels are fantastic.

I KNOW, THE DROP IS COMING AS SOON AS ANDY GETS MY ORDER OUT!

Last edited by G37Sam; 06-07-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Please keep the original post in order for the update/comments to make sense
Old 05-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
damn, that sucks **** bad! so, the owner's name is Scott? maybe it's the same Scott from Sevas wheels that went out of business. i hope it's not cuz then you're **** out of luck. they have the worst customer service in this whole world except for one guy. i myself made a wrong decision for choosing sevas when i had the chance to get some nice Volks. i always slap myself on my face when i think about it. i really feel your pain bro. i hope you'll get your wheels soon!

off topic! where are you located? i'm a trucker and haul container for a living.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 AM
C@ciQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I guess bad reputaion has been backed up. Should be warning sign on vendors like this one.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:45 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Sorry to hear about situations like this.. This is one of the reasons i prefer to deal with reputable/well known companies and people. I know i could have gotten my set of Volks from a bunch of places, but i chose Forged Performance because their reputation on here is very good. I got what was ordered, in the time that was said, in the condition i expected.

I hope you work everything out.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:55 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
all it takes is a phone call and people following the same page. Some companies just shouldn't belong in business working that way.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:25 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
ouch!! not only does it hurt but it also sucks.. with the marketing they've been doing on here I thought they were the wheels to buy.. Good luck getting the refund
Old 05-23-2009, 12:12 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about this Tainui..... I purchased from D2 and customer service was 100%..... hope they clear it up for you.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:29 PM
aznutx

wow that's horrible, makes you think twice and triple research the double research you did before before buying anything from anyone
Old 05-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by aznutx
wow that's horrible, makes you think twice and triple research the double research you did before before buying anything from anyone
that's why the next set of wheels i'm buying is from andy@hpa.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:17 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
^ definitely can't go wrong there
Old 05-23-2009, 01:32 PM
chamelieon

that sucks! glad the forum is here to give bad and good reviews where they need be!
Old 05-23-2009, 01:40 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
damn, that sucks **** bad! so, the owner's name is Scott? maybe it's the same Scott from Sevas wheels that went out of business. i hope it's not cuz then you're **** out of luck. they have the worst customer service in this whole world except for one guy. i myself made a wrong decision for choosing sevas when i had the chance to get some nice Volks. i always slap myself on my face when i think about it. i really feel your pain bro. i hope you'll get your wheels soon!

off topic! where are you located? i'm a trucker and haul container for a living.
It is the exact same scott from sevas. He went from Sevas to 360 forged / System Forged. Its funny i was telling Still ballin the other day about how there will be a complaint soon if someone has order from these company and here it is. I hope ya get your refund. I feel your pain. I order my sevas and never received it and Scott was my rep too.

Exactly weiboy! Andy got your back if anything goes wrong! i order sevas through andy and he got everything fix when sevas screwed up.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:11 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Hence why getting a good vendor is so important. Like others have said, Andy is pretty good at helping out to the best of his ability. I learned my lesson and just order parts that are available to be shipped this very second.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Jumpin800agl

Several reputable companies like Forged Performance and HPAuto on this forum. I would look to one of these for parts if i were you. On another note how do you like the GTM kit? I will be going this route in the fall.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:55 PM
xlack
Registered Member

damn that sucks to hear! When u fail to meet customer expectations in a reasonable amount of time, it is an obligation to and responsibility to refund the entire amount upon the customer's request. Hope u get ur dough back! Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.

Quick Reply: Review My 360* Forged experience...(long)