slate blue g37 rims?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 AM
johnny872005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slate blue g37 rims?

So, I'm thinking of getting aftermarkets for my slate blue g37... and it is VERY hard to find pictures of Slate Blue's with aftermarket rims....

If you guys got any, post them up please!

I'd like to know how black and/or silver rims look with the color
Old 03-27-2009, 04:14 AM
xyz
Registered Member

and bronze . . . and gun metal . . . tks~
Old 03-27-2009, 04:29 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
heres a blue slate, with colormatched face and polished lip.

Name:  DSC05283.jpg
Views: 5907
Size:  122.9 KB
Name:  DSC05282.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  113.3 KB
Old 03-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Triple_X

^^ damn that looks sick. the hood even looks good on it too.

BS is a tough color to find rims that look right. I'm thinking brushed aluminum, paint matched or gun metal?
Old 03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Go black here a pic of my OEMs painted black

Name:  IMG_1315.jpg
Views: 2873
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1314.jpg
Views: 10850
Size:  60.1 KB
Old 03-27-2009, 03:15 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VIP G
Go black here a pic of my OEMs painted black

oooo . . . balcked out theme actually looks better than i thought on the bs . . . nice~
Old 03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
w0ady

^ya brians car looks even better in person.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Well, I know I hold a minority opinion here, but as the resident old fuddy-duddy I believe my blue slate G37 looks great with OEM rims. And of course, I don’t have to spend an additional $4K or more for aftermarket rims, and have my OEM’s collect dust somewhere for ten years until someone takes them off my hands.

In that regard, I read an interesting FS post over at the Lexus forum (my wife drives an IS250). It seems one owner wants to buy a set of G37 OEM’s for his IS250. That got me thinking. It would really be amusing if someone here wanted a set of IS250 rims for his G37, and the two could just swap at no cost to either owner. In fact it could start a new trend of just swapping rims for countless cars, thereby saving millions of dollars for owners and satisfying everyone’s need to be different. Of course the aftermarket rim business would dry up, but Fedex would pick up the slack in transporting all these rims around the country.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:19 PM
AndrewDDS

Originally Posted by Chekov
Well, I know I hold a minority opinion here, but as the resident old fuddy-duddy I believe my blue slate G37 looks great with OEM rims.
^+1! Blue Slate is a tough color to match anything to. IMO, going with black tends to clash with an already dark colored car. Unless you're going for a "murdered out" thing, it just doesn't look right. I have played around with all sorts of combinations, and so far the best looking wheel/color IMO is the OEM. I think my car looks amazing with just Eibach Pro Kit springs and 15mm spacers. However, my wheel guy is trying to get me to paint my stockers blue slate with a polished aluminum finish on the outer lip and spokes, but I can't picture it...
Old 03-29-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I know I hold a minority opinion here, but as the resident old fuddy-duddy I believe my blue slate G37 looks great with OEM rims. And of course, I don’t have to spend an additional $4K or more for aftermarket rims, and have my OEM’s collect dust somewhere for ten years until someone takes them off my hands.
I def know where your coming from thats why I just painted my OEMs, cost me about $15
Old 03-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VIP G
I def know where your coming from thats why I just painted my OEMs, cost me about $15
I wouldn’t go that far, but it sounds like a step in the right direction.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:19 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

In that regard, I read an interesting FS post over at the Lexus forum (my wife drives an IS250). It seems one owner wants to buy a set of G37 OEM’s for his IS250. That got me thinking. It would really be amusing if someone here wanted a set of IS250 rims for his G37, and the two could just swap at no cost to either owner. In fact it could start a new trend of just swapping rims for countless cars, thereby saving millions of dollars for owners and satisfying everyone’s need to be different. Of course the aftermarket rim business would dry up, but Fedex would pick up the slack in transporting all these rims around the country.
i know you were just making a point and not being really specific, i just feel like throwing a fact into your theory

Lexus center bore is 60.1 and nissan/infinity is 66.1, so lexus stocks wont fit our car without some machining.

Thats esentially the prob with what you said, oems come precut to a certain size, and all companies use diff. Thats why aftermarket wheels come on avg with 73 bore and you get hub rings to fill the space.

Also, you dont have to spend 4gs on a nice set of wheels, 2-2.5 can yield you something very nice.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

STOOF,
Well, I hope you understand that I was being a bit tongue in cheek, although the story of the Lexus owner who wanted G37 OEM’s is true.

The real point I was making is that this rush to switch to aftermarket wheels is IMO overdone. They can be expensive, and there’s really little one can do with the left-over OEM’s except to have them collect dust in a garage or storage space for ten years before they’re thrown out. And there’s often a safety, if not legal, problem with the car’s TPMS being incompatible with some aftermarket rims.

Besides (and I’m jesting again) you can’t tell what kind of rims are on a car when it's moving at any speed above 5mph.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:26 PM
AndrewDDS

The real point I was making is that this rush to switch to aftermarket wheels is IMO overdone... Besides (and I’m jesting again) you can’t tell what kind of rims are on a car when it's moving at any speed above 5mph.
^+1. Chekov, you make me feel closer to a "senior citizen" every day. So far, I haven't seen any aftermarket wheel on this forum that looks better on our cars than the OEM wheels (with the one recent exception being the Volk Progressive TS, which is very similar to OEM but with a lip). I think the instant desire to get aftermarket wheels is a carry-over from years ago, when OEM wheels were cheap, simple, and unattractive. However, our stock wheels are expensive, light-weight, attractive, and really "flow" with the overall design of the car.

IMO, if our G's came with cheap 18' wheels and our stock 19's were available aftermarket, the 19's would be one of the most popular wheels of choice. But since they're "OEM," people feel this unnecessary need to upgrade.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Triple_X

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
^+1. Chekov, you make me feel closer to a "senior citizen" every day. So far, I haven't seen any aftermarket wheel on this forum that looks better on our cars than the OEM wheels (with the one recent exception being the Volk Progressive TS, which is very similar to OEM but with a lip). I think the instant desire to get aftermarket wheels is a carry-over from years ago, when OEM wheels were cheap, simple, and unattractive. However, our stock wheels are expensive, light-weight, attractive, and really "flow" with the overall design of the car.

IMO, if our G's came with cheap 18' wheels and our stock 19's were available aftermarket, the 19's would be one of the most popular wheels of choice. But since they're "OEM," people feel this unnecessary need to upgrade.
this is most likely true, although the lip has a lot to do with upgrading, IMO. Also the desire to "customize" your car and be different than every other G on the road.

I think I am going with a gun metal wheel....

Quick Reply: slate blue g37 rims?