Review Drop + Spacers - Alignment = Fail (Pix)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:59 AM
AndrewDDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
Hmmm starting to get a clearer picture.. in other words, if I want uniform wear, I need even lower alignment specs with respect to camber than those OEM?
In theory, yes. But that can't be done with Eibachs and no camber kit. As long as your within a few tenths of spec, then you won't be able to notice the difference in tire wear anyway. Judging by your pictures, your camber must have been way off!!

To be honest, my tire wear is well within the acceptable range (7/16ths on outside, 3/8ths on the inside) and I'm running 1.8 camber on my left rear (1.5 on the right). But I also just installed my spacers, so I guess only time will tell. And I drive like Miss Daisy...

If I were you, before I sprung for the camber kit, I'd just get a real good professional alignment done and see how close to spec they can get. If they can get real close, then you're probably alright. If you're looking at 2 degrees or more camber, or significant toe, then spring for the kit. That's just IMO.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:50 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
yes tanabe's drop more with the rear (perfect rear drop IMO). Even if you do get a used set of coils for 600 (which I doubt) you'll still need camber & toe arms (especially if you slam her)
Well Sam i would get coils to lower right where i want it. Similiar to spring drop but maybe a bit less in the rear or something, since their adjustable i could watch the wear and see where if and where it should be raised...It would defeat the purpose if i was to slam it...

And there was a set of BC coils for 600 shipped in the for sale section.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:34 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From what I understand the most detrimental thing to the tires is excessive toe, not camber. Case in point, the oem setup has neg camber built in to the rear yet after 25k miles in my car the tire wear is remarkably even on my rears. My guess is that neg camber has little to do with uneven tire wear assuming that your toe is in spec and the camber is not excessive.

Sam, I thought read somewhere that you never got an alignment after your drop (or if you did, it was at the same time as the drop). If thats the case its easy to understand how your tires got ate up like that. The toe and camber are probably way outta whack and a good alignment (like Andrew's) should get you back into spec. AFAIK if the suspension is within factory specs there should be no uneven wear, regardless what setup you have.....
Old 02-28-2009, 07:50 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Nope I haven't gotten any alignment yet because for one, my tires were almost dead by the time I got the springs and needed to be replaced anyways (thought it would be a good experiment) and two, I wanted to do it at the dealer with the next service so yeah I kind of get the idea that alignment is a must
Old 03-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
My OEM tires at about 6,700 miles are almost bald.

Eibach Pro Kit + Alignment + Alignment 1 Month after settle = No Camber Kit over Here!

Remember my tires are almost bald and I burn and drift this car hard.

Dropped & Aligned done by local Dealership.