pure bad luck with sevas wheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:43 PM
sleekmotoring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New year Eric.

I am suprised that this company is still in business. I was under the inpression that they closed down or something. Anyways, there is a guy or more whom is looking to contact Sevas from Bimmerfest also.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=224796&page=3

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
update! since i started this thread sevas was feeling the heat and offered to fix my wheels for free. okay! i sent them one front and one rear wheel. total of two. then guess what? only one freaking wheel came in when there were suppose to be two. wtf? damn! i'm sick and tired dealing with guys man! they never answer my call or returning them. freaking bad business! i can't explain how mad i am right now about this stupid azz company. i definitely can't see how they could still be in business for treating their customers like crap. sorry but i had to let it go here. thanks for listening!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:43 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hpauto
Having sold virtually every brand of forged wheels, I can honestly say that no company will/has had a perfect track record w their wheels. We have had HRE, Asanti, GFG, and Iforged wheels crack as well. I know Sevas had a few issues w their cast wheels but forged wheels are generally way stronger but they can still crack (just more forgiving than cast). As far as them fixing the prob, thats a blessing on its own. Many of these large companies, dont give a crap about their customers or even (us) as dealers. When they get to it, is when they get to it. You would think that if it was their fault, they would pay to have things expedited but that will never ever happen. Has never happened to us, even for our personal vehicles w any wheel company. I think at the end of the day, the timetable kinda sucks but at least they fixed the problem.
I have not seen even one thread, on ANY forum about a Volk, HRE, Iforged, DPE, or other high quality wheel cracking. These wheels are crap, its not like the car was driven into a wall and the wheel cracked, they hit a pot hole. To call what happens to these wheels a "crack" in an understatement. My stock OEM Ray's 19's got a crack from a pothole, it was less than 1cm long, and I would have never seen it if I had not been losing air in the tire, even then I was losing about 2psi a week, so it was not a big crack. The Sevas wheels posted basically disintigrate, they crack in half, or fall apart.

I don't understand why Sevas does not answer questions about the terriable qualityof the wheels, they instead post a pic of a room full of wheels. I would like to know what they would do god forbid someone dies in a car accident due to one of the crap wheels they produce. Lawyers would have no problem making a case against them with all these threads about the wheels cracking and falling apart, they know about the problem, they just do nothing about it.

Originally Posted by ChOy BoY
oh man..and i was thinking of getting sevas forged line too
Don't do it!

Last edited by TomG37; 12-30-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ChOy BoY
oh man..and i was thinking of getting sevas forged line too
man! no doubt that their forged line wheels are nice but i wouldn't recommend anyone to get them. sorry to throw you off on what you want. there's alot of other choices out there. i know at least three people's got problem with their forged line wheels. don't get them.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by sleekmotoring
Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New year Eric.

I am suprised that this company is still in business. I was under the inpression that they closed down or something. Anyways, there is a guy or more whom is looking to contact Sevas from Bimmerfest also.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=224796&page=3
a what's up sam! merry christmas and happy new year!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:53 PM
ChOy BoY

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
man! no doubt that their forged line wheels are nice but i wouldn't recommend anyone to get them. sorry to throw you off on what you want. there's alot of other choices out there. i know at least three people's got problem with their forged line wheels. don't get them.
i was thinking bout buying them from another member..confused!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:55 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Thats why I always buy Volk .. Good luck ! Keep us updated .....
Old 12-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Thats why I always buy Volk .. Good luck ! Keep us updated .....
that exactly what i should've done! it almost cost the same for volks and this crap. if my wheels do get back, i'll try to sell them on ebay or craigslist.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:09 AM
TomG37

There are also alot of post's on G35driver about these wheels, the R55's have cracked on a bunch of peoples cars.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:11 AM
TomG37

Old 12-31-2008, 12:11 AM
ChOy BoY

S55's tom...I haven't seen any of the forged line rims crack yet
Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 AM
sleekmotoring

Thats fcuken funny.

Originally Posted by TomG37
Old 12-31-2008, 12:17 AM
TomG37

Thats fcuken funny.
I stold it from G35driver, a thread about wheels craking in half.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:44 AM
jedmonds
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are also alot of post's on G35driver about these wheels, the R55's have cracked on a bunch of peoples cars.
I think you mean S55...the I have not read one thing about an R55 cracking.

I have R55's and my only issue is the rear driver side wheel has been leaking air. I have taken it to several different places, and have talked to Sevas. Sevas say's its the tire, the tire place says there is nothing wrong with the tire. The only thing I haven't done was to have the wheel barrel resealed, I kind of got fed up with it, and didn't want to spend any more time at the tire shop with the wheels to get them fixed, so I bought some Volk RE30's.

Last edited by jedmonds; 12-31-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Triple8Sol

Sweet, someone linked to the motivational poster I made
Old 12-31-2008, 12:48 AM
Weiboy718

Thats fcuken funny.
:bowr oflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowrofl bowroflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowro flbowroflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowroflb owroflbowroflbowroflbowroflbowrofl:

Quick Reply: pure bad luck with sevas wheel