pure bad luck with sevas wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
here's a pic of the rim being the wrong size

Last edited by Weiboy718; 11-16-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Weiboy718

missed one. u see the differences!

Last edited by Weiboy718; 11-16-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:25 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jnguyennikka
wow...does sevas forged really suck ? is this a highly thing that happens often?
you should be alright j; theyre a 3 piece. if anything goes wrong, just tell them to pay up or take them to court.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:42 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ Judge Judy is super mean, Judge Milian on the people's court is cooler with her rough justice....lol

sorry Weiboy for ruining ur thread, whats the latest news so far. Are you gonna take them down by court or better business bureau ???

Last edited by nogoodname; 10-04-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Hijacking threads
Old 10-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear...i have a set of Sevas S7 and live in NY....hit bumps and potholes everyday and they are still holding up.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:56 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked_limitz
sorry to hear...i have a set of Sevas S7 and live in NY....hit bumps and potholes everyday and they are still holding up.
thanks for the info i feel much safer now knowing yours still holding up
Old 10-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Weiboy718

nah! i'm not planning to do anything like suing them or take them to court. i'm like a few thousands of miles away from them. i don't wanna waste my time and money. but i will try to call them and see if they're willing to fix my rims for free or at a very low cost.(which i think is not possible at all) if not, i think i'll just break them and video record it and post it on youtube just to make them look bad. ya'll agree!

jnguyennikka! sorry i got you spooked. i'm sure not every sevas wheel is bad. i don't think you should worry too much. did you bought it through a local dealer?
Old 10-05-2008, 03:22 AM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
nah! i'm not planning to do anything like suing them or take them to court. i'm like a few thousands of miles away from them. i don't wanna waste my time and money. but i will try to call them and see if they're willing to fix my rims for free or at a very low cost.(which i think is not possible at all) if not, i think i'll just break them and video record it and post it on youtube just to make them look bad. ya'll agree!

jnguyennikka! sorry i got you spooked. i'm sure not every sevas wheel is bad. i don't think you should worry too much. did you bought it through a local dealer?
hpautoworks of course but then there might be a different since for you you had to weld your own lip or whatever
Old 10-05-2008, 03:46 AM
Weiboy718

there's no welding on my rim. it a three piece. i could get it repair by just changing out the lip which i'm hoping sevas could do it free or at a very low cost.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
They better do it for free... If they truly are a great company they would do it with no questions asked... Especially after seeing those pictures... Sorry about your predicament man but that's totally unacceptable on Sevas' part...
Old 10-05-2008, 10:58 PM
jedmonds
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I purchased my R55's and I love them to death. So far I haven't had any issues with bent rims, etc... (knock on wood). But Sevas sucks with delivery dates, and seems to always be giving you some bull**** line. I remember getting the run around with where my wheels were, and when they would be delivered. My friend with an Audi S5 ordered some wheels months ago, I think a week after I got my wheels, and he is still waiting for them. They told him 2 months ago that he would have his wheels, and then they said they couldn't find 2 of the rims, about a month ago he was supposed to get them, then they came back and said oh they were cut wrong, it seems like they keep just giving him excuses with the rims and its a bunch of bull ****. I would not recommend buying SEVAS wheels forged, or cast, just because they can't deliver, and just end up giving you some bull**** story. It's sad really, they have some nice wheel designs.

Sorry to hear about your flat time, but honestly running 20's forged or not and getting a flat, it doesn't surprise me that the wheel got a dent. There isn't very much tire protecting the wheel. I hope you are able to find something so you can be back up and running with the G.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:23 PM
TomG37

I would not trust Sevas wheels at all, this has happened countless times with the crappy wheels they make. Don't get me wrong, they look nice, but they are not strong at all. Look on G35 driver, there must be 10+ people who have cracked wheels just driving on the roads.

I don't know where they make the wheels, but they need to change the metal, or manufacture them better.

You dont see any threads about Volk, Work, DPE, or iForged wheels cracking.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:27 PM
jedmonds
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TomG37
I would not trust Sevas wheels at all, this has happened countless times with the crappy wheels they make. Don't get me wrong, they look nice, but they are not strong at all. Look on G35 driver, there must be 10+ people who have cracked wheels just driving on the roads.

The 10+ people you are referring to are the ones running S series wheels...those are cast. So far this is the first story I've heard about Forged SEVAS where a person got a dent in his wheel. This of course after getting a flat tire...not every day driving...
Old 10-06-2008, 12:05 AM
gusri7516

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sevas

i have sevas championship 5 for three months now and never had a problem...as a matter of fact the owner is my cousin and not trying to defend, but your like the first guy i here about the 3-piece. i know he had problems with first set of wheels, but i know he trying to correct the problems that he had with them. But i think for the money they are good wheels you just had bad luck. i will let him know, i dont want him to start getting negative comments about his wheels because of one bad experience.

Last edited by gusri7516; 12-24-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Weiboy718

gusri7516
hey thanks! yeah let him know if i could send it back for repairs and correct my lip sizes. and let him know about my friend's rim which i just received are way too wide for his wide body kit and my friend is requesting sevas to send him 4 lips to make it back to original spec. i think scott knows who i am. my friend is not happy about his rims at all.

Quick Reply: pure bad luck with sevas wheel