Questions on the Auto Couture brand

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:00 PM
invincible569

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions on the Auto Couture brand

I have my mind set on getting Auto Couture's for my G37S. I have known the brand since they came out and have always admired them. Today I walked into a wheel place and they can special order me these wheels. I was dissapointed because the owner told me the wheels arent that good of quality and I was in disbelief. I had to ask him why.. well he went on about how the wheels are cast made, they dont look that great compared to those wheels that are made out of aluminum aircraft steel, and what caught me off guard is that he said the wheels are made in the USA now. Is this true? I thought they were imported from Japan? Then I said.. well I was also thinking about the Work brand and he belittled it as well and how that company is about to go bankrupt. Now.. I have had my mind set on the Auto Couture's because of the Japanese brand and style (a little above the rest IMO), but now I want to clear these rumors that were told to me. Can anyone confirm?
Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 PM
ElLayG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, I was also eyeing AC's for a min now, I dont mind if they are made in the U.S., we make good stuff here, and *** lon as they look hot thats all that matters, or else we would not put wheels on our rides, but the thing about them being cast? is that a big deal?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sounds like this dealer knows nothing. Auto Couture makes 3pc Forged wheels. They are a very high quality product, and it shows in the price they charge. Just the fact that he also says Work wheels suck, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

What wheel place did you go to?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:34 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Yeah I agree completely with crazyruskie....... Both of the wheels brands that you mentioned are all high quality wheels..... I hardly doubt work is about to go bankrupt.. What dealer did you talk tooo????? Cause he obviously knows nothing about high quality forged 2 and 3 piece wheels.... I don't think auto couture is charging $900^ per wheel if the quality wasn't there....