Dealer damaged all of my wheels! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 02:03 PM
gbest03

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Igor911
Yeah, I already asked them for new wheels. He said he was going to speak with the regional infiniti rep today about that. I don't want aftermarket wheels, I'm happy with the way the stock wheels look.

I'll keep this thread updated with the progress of my issue
The regional rep has nothing to do with damage caused by the dealership.
My dealer ruined all 4 of my 03 coupe wheels, and had to eat the replacement cost.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:38 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black 6MT
It happend to me also, but it was my custom wheels instead of stocks
But, it happend when I told the dealership NOT to wash the car and they did.
I immediately brought it to the service consultant's attention, which he personally knew I did not want my car wash.
Surprisingly, the whole thing went smooth. I got my wheels replaced
they damaged ur Iforged? lol! damnn
Old 07-15-2008, 03:12 PM
beestea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this Chantilly Infiniti? I know they have their "500 Club" with the car washes for life and oil changes.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:25 PM
notalk

Originally Posted by TomG37
Do NOT let them paint the wheels, demand new wheels!
The wheels ARE painted. If the substance applied to the wheels did not harm the wheel itself or the structural integrety of the wheel, and was only a surface blemish, why not just refinish and repaint the wheels?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Igor911

Originally Posted by beestea
Is this Chantilly Infiniti? I know they have their "500 Club" with the car washes for life and oil changes.
No, this is from Nationwide Infiniti

Originally Posted by notalk
The wheels ARE painted. If the substance applied to the wheels did not harm the wheel itself or the structural integrety of the wheel, and was only a surface blemish, why not just refinish and repaint the wheels?
I had a wheel repainted on my 05 coupe, they cannot match the factory paint and it doesn't shine anymore, it looks rather dull. Bottom line is, the car is 3 weeks old and WILL NOT have any paint work done to any piece of it.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Achilles

It's all good guys, he's getting NEW WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:13 PM
xSSv

Originally Posted by Igor911
It was extreamly hot outside this past weekend so I decided to take my 3 week old g37 to the dealer on Saturday afternoon to get a complimentary wash.

Well come Saturday later in the day and I notice that something is wrong with my wheels. There are like water marks/spots on every wheel that look like they ate right through the paint. I am extreamly pissed that my 1000mi car now has all damaged wheels.

I took the car back to the dealer yesterday afternoon and spoke w/ the service manager. He called out the wash bay manager and had him inspect the wheels. As he was inspecting my wheels I could hear him mumble "Looks like someone is buying him some new rims."

Turns out they sprayed some acid on my wheels (don't even know why) and never washed it off...

The service manager said he would call me back but I still have not heard back...I'm expecting to have all of the wheels replaced by them. I'm going to wait till lunch time today and then call them back.

Has anyone else had similar problems, and if so, what was your outcome?
I had the same thing happen with my g35 last year, they dealership sprayed acid on my forged wheels and have to pay to get them repainted. I had them shipped out and color matched as well as clear coated the lip. They picked up the entire cost because it was the porters mistake. The good thing is if you have the sport then your wheels are painted. Without pics its hard to tell but more than likely they will need to be repainted. The dealership should cover the cost of the this or tell them to give you a new set. Leave it up to them to choose what they wana do & believe me they will make sure those wheels get painted...
Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 PM
xSSv

Just read the replies good to know your getting this taken care of!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
good thing they didn't argue!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:50 PM
yesongs

Nationwide is where I copped my G as well

Now you've made a little leery on claiming my free oil changes

They seem to have stepped up and taken responsibility so thats a good thing, obviously

Anyone else have any experience with these guys?

E

Last edited by yesongs; 07-16-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
ah you should just get the money from them and buy aftermarkets.... then if you need your stockers nice again... pay 400 out of your pocket to repaint them...

that would be an awesome situation if you could get the money instead of new stockers...
I have to agree with Max if you can do it, the factory 19's are still about 2k brand new from a dealer, that's going to take a nice chunck out of any set you might purchase, and like he said you can either paint them again, powdercoat them black for like $600. then you have two sets, when it comes time to sell you can part out your aftermarket wheels and sell your car with the factory setup again.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:40 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

What kind of wheel cleaner will do that much damage even if left on? I've never heard of this happening to anyone I know. I'd check your paint around your wheel wells just in case that stuff sat on your paint as well. Sucks.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
What kind of wheel cleaner will do that much damage even if left on? I've never heard of this happening to anyone I know. I'd check your paint around your wheel wells just in case that stuff sat on your paint as well. Sucks.

The damage occurred because the wheels were hot from him driving the car to the dealership and the acid wheel cleaner dried onto the wheels. There are warnings all over those cleaners about applying them to hot wheels and the possibility of it destroying the finish on the wheels. Same exact thing happened to one of my prior cars (Grand Am) and also to my G. In both cases, the wheels were replaced with brand new wheels as soon as they cold get them to the dealership, without problem.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:27 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd really like to see a picture of your rims and how "damaged" they are.. Post a pic plz.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Gday
Banned

Don't you find it strange that it's okay for the Dealership to wash car b4 you buy it, but once you own the car, the dealership can no longer wash the car?

haha.

Quick Reply: Dealer damaged all of my wheels! :(