lock your wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Pms1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
^^ Didn't mean to bring back bad memories, PMS, but I knew your situation was evidence that the stock alarm is a FAIL!

Thanks for posting up your thoughts.
Yea yea you just wanted to see me cry again. j/k. not a problem.Very evidence that the stock alarm is a FAIL.

Originally Posted by JLai
I just don't like the fact you'll have to carry another remote for the alarm. Or can this be integrated into the stock keyfob?
No the alarm cannot be integrated in the key fob. I asked the same question. Just attached it to the key fob. It might be a little harder for you guys since you put the keyfob in your pocket, but rather have the piece of mind that my car has the alarm.

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
pms, if you do not mind me asking, which viper did you get? i have no clue which would be good.
The remote says prestige on it, but I would have to look at the paperwork. I'll check and get back to you.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:34 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pms1212
Yea yea you just wanted to see me cry again. j/k. not a problem.Very evidence that the stock alarm is a FAIL.

No the alarm cannot be integrated in the key fob. I asked the same question. Just attached it to the key fob. It might be a little harder for you guys since you put the keyfob in your pocket, but rather have the piece of mind that my car has the alarm.

The remote says prestige on it, but I would have to look at the paperwork. I'll check and get back to you.
alright cool. thanks.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:09 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
pms, if you do not mind me asking, which viper did you get? i have no clue which would be good.
Yes PMS that would be helpful to know I am at their site and looks like they have 2 sectors, "SECURITY" & "SECURITY w/AUTO START" their top of the line seems to be in the "SECURITY w/AUTO START" and looks to be the 7900? Is that what you got? I want the best protection but I also have a 6m/t and it seems the crummy thing is that they include remote start in their top of the line system, the 7900, so I guess that's a feature us 6mt'ers just have to forego on that system right?

Looks like there's even an OEM system upgrade:
"Keep the keyless entry remote controls that came with your vehicle and add state of the art anti-theft security protection against thieves and vandals! These systems are ideal for new car purchasers who want to protect their vehicle investment with a state-of-the-art security system while retaining the remote controls that came with the vehicle. "

But the hassle is you have to install a module to bypass a signal and who knows if all makes/models are covered...

Educate us PMS...

Last edited by DetroitG37Joe; 06-28-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:22 PM
GiGGaplease

^^, im clueless on which system to get.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Gday
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here an alternative to the Viper system. Had this on my old S2k. Worked for me.

http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside....ts&cat_id=1004