Bad experience with Big-O tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:43 PM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This isn't some thing that I read on an article or any thing like that. It some thing that I noticed for a long time (i don't remember when). Heck it could be some thing that I made up, but it made sense to me.

Lets say that you do a burn out, the end of the tread that first comes down on the pavement will have a rough wear on it and the other end of the tread will have the residue of the burned-out tire, like a burr when drilling through metel sheet.

Any how don't you have lots of miles on your car already. Look at the wear pattern. When looking down at the rear tire, look at one particular tread. Notice the right and left side of that tread, now look at the front tires. You should see hi - low spot on that one particular tread.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Emon Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude you realize that when you're switching your tire from side to side....the SAME part of the tire that makes contact with the road on the inside is making the SAME contact once it's switched to the other side.

According to your theory, the only way you can benefit from swapping the 2 rear tires between each other and the 2 fronts between each other, is if you remove the wheel from the car, remove the TIRE from the WHEEL, and then REMOUNT the tire, but this time, mount it the opposite way (i.e. the part of the tire that used to face you if you were looking at the wheel, will now be on the inside)
Old 05-30-2008, 03:21 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes I'm aware of the inside part of the tire will make the same contact if i rotated side to side. The only difference is the rotation of the tire will be rotating the other way.

Alright,,, I give up. Drop the subject.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
cdebnil

Originally Posted by fmrlegend
Yes I'm aware of the inside part of the tire will make the same contact if i rotated side to side. The only difference is the rotation of the tire will be rotating the other way.

Alright,,, I give up. Drop the subject.
Lol sorry, to bring this back up but does anyone know if the stock 18's can be rotated? They also are labeled outside, inside etc.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:38 PM
meatbag

Originally Posted by cdebnil
Lol sorry, to bring this back up but does anyone know if the stock 18's can be rotated? They also are labeled outside, inside etc.
Read the explanation given earlier in the thread.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:49 PM
xeddyboi420x

Originally Posted by cdebnil

yupyup