Stolen Over Night

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:50 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it says something but i do not know if every has the same code or theirs are different. go ask your dealership; they know more information on these things than us.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by 31337
What about this?

Those wheels/tires have the TPMS sensor inside. I assume the TPMS sensor light is on in your car because the wheels are missing. Mount the wheels on your car, if the light goes out ... they're yours.

The TPMS sensors are coded to your car ... that should be enough evidence.
never thought of that. everyone has their own tpm sensors for their car only and no one elses. good heads up.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:56 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What about this?

Those wheels/tires have the TPMS sensor inside. I assume the TPMS sensor light is on in your car because the wheels are missing. Mount the wheels on your car, if the light goes out ... they're yours.

BINGO!

If they cant proove where they got the rims... theres your key... then see if your TPMP like comes on...you prolly need to turn you car on and get the light to come on already...
Old 05-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Pms1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about this?

If that is true, definitely have to find out about that. Still haven't heard from this guy (****). And let me tell you something if these are my rims the **** is going to hit the fan............................................... .
Old 05-18-2008, 09:17 PM
bfranks

The TPMS sensor will prove it's yours, but you will have to be in possession of (buy) the rims to check I would think.

I guess either way it's a good deal. A) figure out that's the guy that stole your rims (doubtful), or B) get a new set of OEMs for $1500 and pocket the extra money.

Bet you are wishing you hadn't replaced that curbed rim....would make it easier to spot
Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 PM
aznutx

i been keeping up with this thread regularly, pms.. i hope you get justice! ganbatte!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:29 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by bfranks
The TPMS sensor will prove it's yours, but you will have to be in possession of (buy) the rims to check I would think.

I guess either way it's a good deal. A) figure out that's the guy that stole your rims (doubtful), or B) get a new set of OEMs for $1500 and pocket the extra money.

Bet you are wishing you hadn't replaced that curbed rim....would make it easier to spot
why replace a curbed wheel though? does not make sense to me. guess its a woman thing .
Old 05-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn... Sorry to hear. Definitely hope you get justice. Even if you don't, it'll come back and bite them in a$$ one day.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Pms1212

Originally Posted by aznutx
i been keeping up with this thread regularly, pms.. i hope you get justice! ganbatte!
Me too.

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
why replace a curbed wheel though? does not make sense to me. guess its a woman thing .
Doesn't have to make sense to you, only me.... lol

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Damn... Sorry to hear. Definitely hope you get justice. Even if you don't, it'll come back and bite them in a$$ one day.
Thats so true, what comes around goes around.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:47 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep us updated. I hope that is your guy.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:41 PM
shmad

^^are u guys sure the tpms is coded per individual vehicle? where did u find that info out?
Old 05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
LAG37

Wtf
Old 05-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Volant007

wow is all i can say, best case senario will be a worst case senario in the end. i.e. u find out those are in fact your rims and you prosecute, the individual(s) might come back after you knowing that you got them busted. After all they do know where you live and what you drive, so my suggestion would be having a friend (not from your neighborhood) make the contact/purchase and if they do happen to be your rims, have the cops bust the place, making sure that you aren't in the picture. That way the criminal(s) won't tie it back to you. just my 2 cents. then again if you make a bloody mess of them, i know someone in ur locale that can make the bodies...well you know the rest. J/K but seriously, try to stay low in the whole retribution i.e. don't call from ur own phone or show up trying to buy the rims yourself. Better the loss of your dream than yourself i say.

Last edited by Volant007; 05-19-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:58 AM
axylus

Damn PMS! Sorry to see what happended to your car. I park in a gated car lot and still use one of these every night...

There's also another G in my neigborhood that parks on the street and they use two of them. They could still steal the unlocked rims, but it would be pretty pointless since they won't have the whole set.

Hope everything works out for you fast and easy!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by axylus
Damn PMS! Sorry to see what happended to your car. I park in a gated car lot and still use one of these every night...

There's also another G in my neigborhood that parks on the street and they use two of them. They could still steal the unlocked rims, but it would be pretty pointless since they won't have the whole set.

Hope everything works out for you fast and easy!
how much is a full set? how do they work?

Quick Reply: Stolen Over Night