Stolen Over Night

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:51 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn, those chihuahua must be annoying as a muthafudge. my cousins have a couple. their ego is bigger than their body.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:20 PM
bfranks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I had the rims on my Tahoe stolen a few years back....it sucks. Like many have said though, locking lug nuts won't stop them. I had two different after market sets on thinking I was safe, and they still got them. The cop explained how they do it (won't repeat here), but it's very low tech, very cheap, and very quick (no cutting involved). While they will stop the casual thief / kids, they won't do much against anyone that knows what they are doing.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Cuda760

Unbelievable...Keep checking local ways to sell wheels. Another thing to look at would be where you could find bricks like that in your area. It seems like those type of blocks were similar in design..light and easy to use...ask your local cement companies where there could b an abundance of them...than check out that area...ask questions if they saw anyone grabbing them or buying them that didn't necessarily seem like the cement block buying type. What vehicle were they driving if so?
Old 05-17-2008, 05:08 PM
vINCe_Inc

Originally Posted by Cuda760
Unbelievable...Keep checking local ways to sell wheels. Another thing to look at would be where you could find bricks like that in your area. It seems like those type of blocks were similar in design..light and easy to use...ask your local cement companies where there could b an abundance of them...than check out that area...ask questions if they saw anyone grabbing them or buying them that didn't necessarily seem like the cement block buying type. What vehicle were they driving if so?
with the time spend doing all that, i'd go work overtime and buy myself a new set of 4's.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:55 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by Cuda760
whoa, that is some csi **** right there. are you a police dectective or something close?
Old 05-17-2008, 07:26 PM
StoneZtech

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...=1#post5752336

Check this out someone over at my350z.com is talking about G37z wheels for sale.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:40 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by StoneZtech

Check this out someone over at my350z.com is talking about G37z wheels for sale.
however, pms is located in the northeast, not in the southwest. im curious of how a 350 driver have 37 rims?....beach much have stole it...
Old 05-17-2008, 08:40 PM
stogey420time

Originally Posted by StoneZtech

Good way to look out StoneZ. I was going to post this as well.....beat me to it.
Since pms is located NE and the dude is in SW
pms GL on resolving this issue.....thieves should die and rot in he!!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:52 PM
mal_TX

Ummm well maybe they bought G37 wheels for their 350Z and decided they didn't like how they looked and so now they want to sell them? I wouldn't jump to conclusions on the "they must have STOLEN IT!"

to the OP, PMS -- I know it probably isn't much comfort but this happens A LOT. Look on G35driver.com and see how many 1st gen coupe owners have had this happen to them. It is so sad. At least your car comes with wheels that are worth stealing, huh? That's amazing to me.

I read posts on g35driver about people having their headlights stolen, too! One guy even built a sort of steel "cage" that he pulls the front of his car into now, so that it is impossible to pop the hood and steal the headlights.

The degeneration of society in america seems to be on a logarithmic rise.....
Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Pms1212

Originally Posted by stogey420time
Good way to look out StoneZ. I was going to post this as well.....beat me to it.
Since pms is located NE and the dude is in SW
pms GL on resolving this issue.....thieves should die and rot in he!!
I totally agree Hell, hell, hell.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:00 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by mal_TX
Ummm well maybe they bought G37 wheels for their 350Z and decided they didn't like how they looked and so now they want to sell them? I wouldn't jump to conclusions on the "they must have STOLEN IT!"

to the OP, PMS -- I know it probably isn't much comfort but this happens A LOT. Look on G35driver.com and see how many 1st gen coupe owners have had this happen to them. It is so sad. At least your car comes with wheels that are worth stealing, huh? That's amazing to me.

I read posts on g35driver about people having their headlights stolen, too! One guy even built a sort of steel "cage" that he pulls the front of his car into now, so that it is impossible to pop the hood and steal the headlights.

The degeneration of society in america seems to be on a logarithmic rise.....
agree, this country is going to the ****ters. we need a law that says if you steal, you will get your hands chopped off. that will scare the crap out of anyone thinking of stealing.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:35 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You know... just for some ***** and giggles...

Just go out there and find another G37S... and gently put it on the bricks that your car was on... and very kindly put them wheels on to your ride.

J/K!!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:24 PM
mal_TX

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
agree, this country is going to the ****ters. we need a law that says if you steal, you will get your hands chopped off. that will scare the crap out of anyone thinking of stealing.
I don't think the problem can be solved through fear/intimidation.

IMO the problem is solved by making it desireable for the degenerate elements to improve their way of being.

Right now you can be a slacker/moocher/scumbag whatever you want to call it and still have 200 channels of cable TV, a cell phone, food on your table, shoes on your feet, clothes on your back.

People are/were motivated by striving to a quality of life standard in this country. In these times you receive that basic standard of living as a freebie. "Thanks for playing, here's guaranteed food on your table."

If that's enough for you, you are free to be a low-life loser of the variety that comes and steals wheels.

I think this problem is starting to work itself out as globalization of the world economy is gradually starting to create a more level playing field. IMO, We'll be meeting the third world countries where none of these things are guaranteed somewhere in the middle in the coming decades.

Enough thread-jacking for now
Old 05-17-2008, 10:25 PM
G35_Diva

Those bricks look like the decorative ones that go around flower beds.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Pms1212

Originally Posted by G35_Diva
Those bricks look like the decorative ones that go around flower beds.
Hey G35, you know whats funny is that the bricks that you see under my car are the same style bricks I have. The car ones are all grey, and the ones in front of my house are red/grey. I guess very popular freakin brick.

Quick Reply: Stolen Over Night