Aftermarket Wheel Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:42 PM
pbinteg99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Wheel Fitment

Okay...I purchased my Black/Black G37S back in August as a B-day present to myself... Although that's irrelevant, my plan was simply 3 things: Tint, System, and Shoes. I got it on a 2-year lease and got raped (3k down, $750/mo) and that's why mods are limited (lol, not the raping part but the 2-year lease), but I love my new G! First two things were knocked out in 2 weeks, the last, was more than a speedbump. I ordered a pair of Sevas S-7's in black after speaking with Scott @ Sevas wheels on week 4 that showed up and to my surprise they didn't fit over the front brakes. Disappointed, distraught, and discouraged I deserted item #3 from my checklist. Several weeks later I found this forum and at the time people were experiencing the same issues. Did find the thread from 06mtg35 showing his car with the wheels I already attempted to throw on (I hate you... ) but the bottom line is between his thread, search, Scott @ Sevas, and wheel shops, I cannot find the correct offset to fit on my car let alone what spacers to run for these wheels!!!

To clear things up, Sevas makes offsets in 25mm and 40mm in these wheels and most of their 1-piece line. I understand that I will have to run a spacer (around 7mm) in the front to clear the brakes and look flush, but want to make sure the front and rear line up. Went to a local wheel shop yesterday and had them fit a pair of 25mm Sevas S-22's on my rear and they look like they stick out:

So can anyone with insight, or that has some Sevas wheels on their G37's actually tell me what offset they ran and spacers necessary and possibly provide pics? Due to my pics it looks like a 40mm in the rear and a 25mm in the front with the 7mm spacer would line up nice.

If you guys could help me asap I would appreciate it. I plan on ordering my wheels next Wed so they'll be in by the following Sat and on my car for that night!!!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:05 PM
urbandaddy

Its a 2 year lease! Why would you put aftermarket parts on the car unless you intend to buy it out!

Forget the rims and stay with the factory wheels.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:05 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Why did you keep the rims? Seems like if Scott at the rim place said they would fit then they should take them back...
Old 02-10-2008, 08:57 PM
pbinteg99

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Why did you keep the rims? Seems like if Scott at the rim place said they would fit then they should take them back...
Well because I bought them from America's Tire Co and they said they would fit but not w/o spacers and it is against their policy to work with spacers. To clarify, I DID send the wheels back and got a refund. I initially purchased black S7's, the picture with the wheels on my car are of aluminum S22's. The car currently has stock wheels. I had a pair test fitted to see how they would line up on my car because I know the offsets are different then that of a G35.

Originally Posted by urbandaddy
Its a 2 year lease! Why would you put aftermarket parts on the car unless you intend to buy it out!

Forget the rims and stay with the factory wheels.
Just because I'm a compulsive shopper. I'm selling my stocks so it's only gonna cost about a grand to upgrade and I don't mind paying that to ride around in the wheels I want for 1-1/2 years longer...
Old 02-10-2008, 09:01 PM
sahiwal007

more pics of the whole car!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:10 PM
pbinteg99

Ha! I would sahiwal007 but sadly it's completely stock except for dark tint. I plan on lowering it, (only in the front) to take care of that weird gap that plagues mainly the front wheels / fenders on this car (why is that?).

But I can't do that until I figure out the right f#*%@$ offest / spacer fit!!! (not directed at you sahiwal, just utter frustration)

Last edited by pbinteg99; 02-10-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pbinteg99
Well because I bought them from America's Tire Co and they said they would fit but not w/o spacers and it is against their policy to work with spacers. To clarify, I DID send the wheels back and got a refund. I initially purchased black S7's, the picture with the wheels on my car are of aluminum S22's. The car currently has stock wheels. I had a pair test fitted to see how they would line up on my car because I know the offsets are different then that of a G35.

Just because I'm a compulsive shopper. I'm selling my stocks so it's only gonna cost about a grand to upgrade and I don't mind paying that to ride around in the wheels I want for 1-1/2 years longer...
ooohhh i see...
Old 02-10-2008, 10:29 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so, the s-22's wont fit? i was planning on buy a set. so, you only brought the +25 sevas? try the +40 yet? i doubt they would stick out but do they clear the brakes? also, pictures of the whole car, please.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:34 PM
GiGGaplease

nvm my post, i just reread what you posted. so +40 in the back and +20 in the front? i would probably with +40 all around. what tires sizes are you running? i am planning on getting 255/35/20 front and 285/30/20 rear.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:12 PM
maxipad96

There is no magic number for offset. Perfect offset changes depending on wheel width.

+25 on a 10.5" wheel is competely different than +25 on a 8.5" wheel.

Sevas 1 piece wheels come in 8.5" width or 10" width.

8.5" width in +25 should fit fine on the front.

10" width with +25 is pushing it for the rear, but people running volks in 10.5 with +34 are only sticking out 3mm less. A volk rear in 10.5 with +34 will extend 30mm past stock. A Sevas Rear in 10 with +25 will extend 33mm past stock.

In the Sevas you could run +40 all around and use spacers just to be safe. Your wheel lip will be drastically reduced though.

Judging from your pics, the rears don't look too bad. I've seen WAY worse. A little drop and negative camber would look even better. Although it may be pushing it.

Last edited by maxipad96; 02-10-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:12 PM
pbinteg99

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
nvm my post, i just reread what you posted. so +40 in the back and +20 in the front? i would probably with +40 all around. what tires sizes are you running? i am planning on getting 255/35/20 front and 285/30/20 rear.
No Sevas only makes the S22's and S7's in +25 and +40 offset. The closer the number to 0 the more the rim will sit in from the fender. Of course each wheel manufacturer is different as are the cars, even models themselves (my roomy put G37 wheels on his G35 and it sits in horribly ) But the S22's in the pic are +25 offset and they really do sit outside the fender a bit which in my opinion is horrible unless you're drift status . The front one's I tried on (also +25 offset, didn't get a pic of this) sat in a little bit more then these rear wheels but with a 7mm spacer. I'm planning on getting 245/35 in front and 275/30 rear. Trust me GiGG, I'm simplying your work a lot, getting the right info on Sevas wheels for our car is a nighmare but hopefully this thread will clear up any confusion you would have encoutered!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:34 PM
pbinteg99

Thanks for the post Maxi. +25 offset in the front will work but only with a spacer to clear the large sport caliper. Yeah I realize that running +40 will reduce the lip but I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of this because I think the way the wheels stick out in the rear in my pics is hideous! My only concern is that if I'm going from a +25 offset to a +40 offset, I'm taking in the wheel by 15mm which is about half an inch right? Do you think that will sit in too much?
Old 02-10-2008, 11:40 PM
GiGGaplease

No Sevas only makes the S22's and S7's in +25 and +40 offset. The closer the number to 0 the more the rim will sit in from the fender. Of course each wheel manufacturer is different as are the cars, even models themselves (my roomy put G37 wheels on his G35 and it sits in horribly ) But the S22's in the pic are +25 offset and they really do sit outside the fender a bit which in my opinion is horrible unless you're drift status . The front one's I tried on (also +25 offset, didn't get a pic of this) sat in a little bit more then these rear wheels but with a 7mm spacer. I'm planning on getting 245/35 in front and 275/30 rear. Trust me GiGG, I'm simplying your work a lot, getting the right info on Sevas wheels for our car is a nighmare but hopefully this thread will clear up any confusion you would have encoutered!
yes, please clear it up. i do not want to get the wheels and find out it does not fit..
Old 02-10-2008, 11:44 PM
maxipad96

If you run +40 in the rear with a 10" wheel I think you would benefit from a 5-10mm spacer just to push it towards the fender a little bit.

This is a pretty cool little tool you can use to calculate:
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Stock wheels are 19x8.5 +43(Front) and 19x9 +45(Rear)

Make sure you click the calculate button after you enter all of your info.

Just going by Volk sizing which seems to be just about perfect, the volk 20x9.5 with a +32(Front) offset extends +24mm past stock. The 20x10.5 +34(Rear) extends 30mm past stock.

I would say if you can get your measurements using the volks as a maximum target, you should be ok. Now brake clearance is another issue all depending on the wheel itself.

Thanks for the post Maxi. +25 offset in the front will work but only with a spacer to clear the large sport caliper. Yeah I realize that running +40 will reduce the lip but I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of this because I think the way the wheels stick out in the rear in my pics is hideous! My only concern is that if I'm going from a +25 offset to a +40 offset, I'm taking in the wheel by 15mm which is about half an inch right? Do you think that will sit in too much?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:10 AM
pbinteg99

Originally Posted by maxipad96
If you run +40 in the rear with a 10" wheel I think you would benefit from a 5-10mm spacer just to push it towards the fender a little bit.

This is a pretty cool little tool you can use to calculate:
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Stock wheels are 19x8.5 +43(Front) and 19x9 +45(Rear)

Make sure you click the calculate button after you enter all of your info.

Just going by Volk sizing which seems to be just about perfect, the volk 20x9.5 with a +32(Front) offset extends +24mm past stock. The 20x10.5 +34(Rear) extends 30mm past stock.

I would say if you can get your measurements using the volks as a maximum target, you should be ok. Now brake clearance is another issue all depending on the wheel itself.
Thanks again Maxi. You're input has been very valuable! So it looks like running a +25 offset in the front and a +40 offset in the rear with a 7mm spacer on both will make my wheel stick out +25mm past stock which sounds about flush. I guess with the ideal Volk setup, rear's are always running +5mm out and although I can't say I would gripe at 3mm (since according to the calcs, the +25 offset I tried in the rear on in my pics were 33mm past stock), I'm sure you can agree that the pics I posted aren't desirable.

Do you happen to have any realiable pics/sources showing these exact Volk "ideal" offsets on G37's?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheel Fitment