I know i feel like a noob, but thanx!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
The1andOnly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gan78mao
Wut would be the correct tire pressure to put in for

245/35/19 and 275/30/19?

I know i feel like a noob, but thanx!!!
Most tires today ranging in that size is 35psi.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:42 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Use 35PSI (cold) all around. You can run our tires with less pressure but its not recommended. Just make sure there not around 40+ cold like they are when you get it from the dealer.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:28 PM
wireboltman

Whatever it says on the door (Drivers door, usually) for normal driving. That's how the car was designed to handle optimally.
Doesn't matter what kind of tire you choose, as far as I know.

I usually put about 10 lbs extra in my FX tires when autocrossing to increase the sidewall strength for intense cornering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fCCrfMi-Qc
Old 01-11-2008, 07:43 PM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by wireboltman
Whatever it says on the door (Drivers door, usually) for normal driving. That's how the car was designed to handle optimally.
Doesn't matter what kind of tire you choose, as far as I know.

I usually put about 10 lbs extra in my FX tires when autocrossing to increase the sidewall strength for intense cornering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fCCrfMi-Qc
Hey wire, what suspension do you have on your FX, and do you change the set-up when you autocross?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:34 PM
wireboltman

My FX has the sport suspension, an option. I bought my FX on Ebay 3.5 yrs ago with 27,800 miles on it.

No, that's how I run everyday. It really is quite a vehicle. The FX is built on the G35/350Z platform. The only crossover not built on a truck platform.
This ain't your mother's SUV-

I autocrossed it about 30 runs and did one track session the first year I had it. I then opted to lower it with an Eibach setup. Well, here's what I've done. My signature on our infinitiFX.org site:

--2003 Infiniti FX35 AWD
-Sport Suspension
-2.5" Custom True Dual System w/X
Piping
-V Force Exhaust and Twister Bullet
Type Racing Mufflers
-Stillen Cold Air Intake
-Z-Tube Increased Air Induction
-1/2" Motordyne Plenum Spacer
- +2 Timing

- Stillen Strut Brace
- Eibach Spring Kit
- Rails Removed
- Cross Drilled Rotors
- BFG 20” KDW2'S
- Winter 18"ASA-ST3 Wheels w/Blizzak
DMZ3’s
-15LED Super White Running Lights
-Hoen Xenonmatch Fog Lights

This combination of modifications has given me 6.7 sec 0-60 time. It just screams-

Getting 300" of snow up here, I was a little leery of lowering it, but I figured, what the hell. With a set of Blizzaks, I've gone through snow up to the Infiniti logo. Being as I got the racing bug, I figured that if lowering it 1.2" or so meant I couldn't go out and play in 3' of snow, so be it.

I've beaten Corvettes, Audi Quattros, and a Porche 911, among many others.
It's quite a vehicle.

The G37 has caught my eye in a big way and I've come to hang out here a bit to learn what works and the general consensus of all you guys/gals that are driving them right now. I hope to have one by later on this yr.
I fully intend to race it, also-

There will be another track event in May at the Gingerman Race Track in South Haven, MI. They're usually looking for cars to sign up to keep the track rental down. The SHO Taurus club rents that track twice a yr.

Last edited by wireboltman; 01-11-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:42 PM
The1andOnly

That's crazy. What's the ride height on right now? With all the suspension mmods you did, how much body roll did you eliminate?
Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 PM
wireboltman

Originally Posted by The1andOnly
That's crazy. What's the ride height on right now? With all the suspension mmods you did, how much body roll did you eliminate?
Stock FX height is 7.6"
I should be about 6.4 or so.

I'll have to say little to no body roll. The FX is amazingly stable right out of the box.
However, because there were complaints about the stiffness of the ride in the 2003 model, such as I have, they softened it up just a bit in 2004.

The Stillen strut bar is probably one the most bang for the buck modifications I've done. As well as it handled without it, the difference was immediately noticeable to me when I put it on.

As you may have noticed in the video------there is no body roll. The weight distribution is 53/47. The engine actually sits just behind the front axle.

Lowering even 1.2" has changed the physics of handling quite a bit. I have a "test" corner that I've used as a benchmark several times. Before the Eibachs, I could take that corner with just a bit of tire squeal at 60 mph or so.
Since the Eibachs, I can do 65 mph around that corner with no tire squeal.

The effect of the Eibachs has really come into play at the track. I can come into the corners faster and drifting out to the aprons is even more fun. I had a professional driver with me for 4 out of 5 sessions the first time I went 2.5 yrs. ago. He finally couldn't contain himself and asked if he could take it around for a few laps so he could "put together" all he'd been teaching me. Well, I'll tell ya what. I think there's still fingerprints in the passenger side armrest from me hanging on. He was extremely impressed and couldn't believe how well this 4300lb vehicle handled.
Last May, he was instructing another driver in a little Audi TT. I was able to stay with him for the whole session after we were let onto the track one after the other. He was just shaking his head and smiling when we got done.
I was pleased.
I put myself in the intermediate grouping last May. Up from Novice group for two events.
I'll have to race a few more times before I would even consider getting into the advanced group. Now they're crazy!
There's a lightning truck that's been there and my identical twin brother has two super charged Vipers. One with 650 hp and the other with 670 hp. He runs the RT10 670 hp down there. He's the one that got me started on this after he drove the FX and figured---why not give er a whirl.

I did. And I am-
Old 01-12-2008, 10:31 AM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gan78mao
245/35/19 and 275/30/19
Just out of curiosity, why did you select these sizes? These are a smaller rolling radius than stock and may affect the speedometer, abs, asr, traction control, stability control and lsd (if you have a Sports).

The Plus Zero (lower sidewall ratio with same diameter to retain stock rolling radius) equivalents would be 245/40x19 fr and 275/35x19 rr. These happen to be the stock sizing, on the same size wheels as the stock G37S, used on the M645i.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:48 AM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dmkozak
Just out of curiosity, why did you select these sizes? These are a smaller rolling radius than stock and may affect the speedometer, abs, asr, traction control, stability control and lsd (if you have a Sports).

The Plus Zero (lower sidewall ratio with same diameter to retain stock rolling radius) equivalents would be 245/40x19 fr and 275/35x19 rr. These happen to be the stock sizing, on the same size wheels as the stock G37S, used on the M645i.
i had this issue with other peeps before, i had similar setup on my 3 series thats why i went with the same on this car. i like the low profile look. but i agree, the speedometer would be a little bit off, but everything else is fine. i know a couple other g35 coupe and 350z people runnign the same size as i am so.. but for my next set of tires ill prolly run 235/40/19 and 265/35/19
Old 04-21-2008, 06:52 PM
stephen1jackson

Question Why the dealer setmy tires to 40 psi?

It took me a couple weeks before I checked my tire pressure, thinking the dealer probably set it just fine at around 35 psi...Why is it that that the dealer always sets it so high. I found it rather annoying to think I was driving it like that for a minute before I checked and set it to 35 psi. Just curious why they set it high.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:30 PM
The1andOnly

Was is it eaxactly at 40psi? The temperature of the tire tires effects the pressure. Maybe they did that to compinsate it for sitting at the dealer?