New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....

I got these rims through a friend with a decent deal brand new! and Ive always wanted gold rims. But the sad thing is they stick out too much both the front and the back. If dropping the car can make it tuck then I will keep them, if not then I might have to get rid of these. If any of you guys know any any 350Z guys or G35 coupes tat want these rims please let me know. I mounted these on like 2 days ago brand new!. Since I dont even know if they fit or not after the drop the car has just been sitting in the garage waiting for some answers from eibach. Here are some pics that I snapped. The rims are
AME Circular Spec Rs 19 by 9, and 19 by 10

I know its ugly with out the drop, but couldnt resist to take some pics. Let me know what you guys think about the wheels sticking out. would it tuck in if i drop it by 2 inches?
Attached Thumbnails New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00130.jpg   New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00123.jpg   New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00122.jpg   New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00119.jpg   New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00117.jpg  

Last edited by gan78mao; 10-11-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it looks GOOD (aggressive) stickin out a lil. Guess ull get tire spin off on ur car tho.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:12 AM
gan78mao

more pics

is that light on my dashboard the tire pressure light? i talked to terrycs, and he told me tat is the only light that would prolly go on, but just wanted to make sure. thanx guys!!
Attached Thumbnails New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00124.jpg   New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00125.jpg   New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00118.jpg   New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00116.jpg   New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....-dsc00131.jpg  

Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Ahujadaddy

^^ YUP tire pressure light
Old 10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
gan78mao

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
I think it looks GOOD (aggressive) stickin out a lil. Guess ull get tire spin off on ur car tho.
i like sticking out a lil too, but dont u think its sticking out too much? i hope i can tuck it in with a negative camber tat would be sweet coz i really wanna keep these wheels too.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Ahujadaddy

Yeaa, drop and alignment may help the look. Hope it will work out for ya.
If not, just make some posts on G driver... im sure u cd easily pass em off, bein in So Cal and all.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 AM
IP37

sticks out way too much..

how much room do you have between the spoke / the caliper? can the back of the wheel be shaved down any to bring it in?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM
thestiffler54

are these rims originally off of a g35 or Z?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

it doesent look that bad, but it will look way better when its lowered.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
tjlskyline

do the fronts stick out too? can't really tell in the pic. Are you having problems with your spedometer? The guy that put my old g35 rims on said I would have problems with my spedometer too.
Mine stuck out too so I didn't install them.
I would say these stick out too much though, I wouldn't want that dodge ram on daytons look...
let us know how the drop goes
Old 10-11-2007, 11:32 AM
gan78mao

they were made for 350s of G35 coz the offset is +15
If shaving it down by couple mm would help then it would be great.

they most important issue tat i was worried about was to clear the brakes, which didnt happen, but it didnt clear the car
they told me they can shave it down, but it wouldnt do much.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:46 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You know .. those rims will move inboard and be close to flush with the fender after you get the sportline springs on. The rear suspension is really interesting ... when I did my car, the guys at the tire shop thought my rear fender would be sitting on top of the tire when they started lowering the floor jack. They were very surprised the tires move in so much.

You may need to run a little camber (something I personally don't like to do) if those are 275 tires in back though since the offset may not be right.

I think what may look a little off is the fender gap you will most likely have since you are using a "non-recommended" aspect ratio tires.

IMO, use your stock tires when you get your springs installed, then go home and try the wheels again ... you may be surprised!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

i htink im running on the new ones like a 39, does that sound right to you guys?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:59 AM
gan78mao

Originally Posted by terrycs
You know .. those rims will move inboard and be close to flush with the fender after you get the sportline springs on. The rear suspension is really interesting ... when I did my car, the guys at the tire shop thought my rear fender would be sitting on top of the tire when they started lowering the floor jack. They were very surprised the tires move in so much.

You may need to run a little camber (something I personally don't like to do) if those are 275 tires in back though since the offset may not be right.

I think what may look a little off is the fender gap you will most likely have since you are using a "non-recommended" aspect ratio tires.

IMO, use your stock tires when you get your springs installed, then go home and try the wheels again ... you may be surprised!
Yea, I would defintaley run a little camber, like tat look too just gotta flip your tires every once in a while so i dont have to go through tires too often. I have sent pics to phong and see what he thinks. My plan was to leave my stocks on my car too when they take the car in so any how they can still have the stocks to put on if they need it.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:07 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Depends on the width of the wheel and the tire. +40 with 275 on a 10" is the most aggressive offset I've seen on the 07 sedan. To do a 285 will require more offset (assuming camber is in-spec). If I had a G37 .... I'd go for 295 in the rear.

I guess the answer also depends on how close the coupe is to the sedan.

Originally Posted by solopresident
i htink im running on the new ones like a 39, does that sound right to you guys?

Quick Reply: New wheels but they stick out too much.. sigh.....