New Release Vossen CVT| The Next Great Step | Need 4 Speed Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
But they won't go on the car until after winter, even though I might test fit one side in the garage, just because.
DO IT!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Need 4 Speed

Received 86 Likes on 77 Posts
Yep. Seen the UPS notice. CA to NY, going to be a while still. And yes, I'll be taking pictures, lots and lots of pictures. But they won't go on the car until after winter, even though I might test fit one side in the garage, just because.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Still a few weeks away from putting them on the car... because winter. In the meantime, they make a fine centerpiece for my dining room table.

And to answer a previous question... yes, VOSSEN includes little plastic rings for hubcentric fitment. (Plastic, not aluminum. Right or wrong, that's what it is.)

And to answer even more questions... the TPMS adapter is simply a shorty valve stem, not angled or anything. Short. It's also polished chrome with a metal cap. They look very nice. However, the standard NISSAN valve stems in the rear wheels are very decidedly not that. They're rather crude, unpolished metal with a plastic cap. So while they may be OEM TPMS/valve-stems, they just don't match the better looking adapters. Hmmm.

If I had known that about the valve stems, I would have done something about it up front. As it stands... well, it stands for now. It's a detail consideration that I didn't think about until it was too late this time. Next time. Laura, when selling rims, I bet if you recommend polished valve stems to customers, that 90% of them would say "Yes!"

Otherwise, rims are freaking beautiful. Can't wait for Winter to end.

Last edited by Rochester; 02-23-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Need 4 Speed

Still a few weeks away from putting them on the car... because winter. In the meantime, they make a fine centerpiece for my dining room table.

And to answer a previous question... yes, VOSSEN includes little plastic rings for hubcentric fitment. (Plastic, not aluminum. Right or wrong, that's what it is.)

And to answer even more questions... the TPMS adapter is simply a shorty valve stem, not angled or anything. Short. It's also polished chrome with a metal cap. They look very nice. However, the standard NISSAN valve stems in the rear wheels are very decidedly not that. They're rather crude, unpolished metal with a plastic cap. So while they may be OEM TPMS/valve-stems, they just don't match the better looking adapters. Hmmm.

If I had known that about the valve stems, I would have done something about it up front. As it stands... well, it stands for now. It's a detail consideration that I didn't think about until it was too late this time. Next time. Laura, when selling rims, I bet if you recommend polished valve stems to customers, that 90% of them would say "Yes!"

Otherwise, rims are freaking beautiful. Can't wait for Winter to end.

Hahaha Thats one amazing looking center piece for a dinning room table!!

I cant wait to see them on your car though.. You have to take some pics of them on your car as soon as winter ends!!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Need 4 Speed

Goodmorning G37 Members!!!

Hope your all having a good start to your Tuesday

Vossen CVT

Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

First pic with 19", staggered CVT on the car.

There is about a 1/16" clearance between the front spokes and the front calipers. Seriously, it's that close. One, maybe two credit cards. Good lord.

The 10" rears poke about a 1/2" from the vertical plane of the rear fender. Can't say as I'm liking that. It's been suggested that if I lower the car it would pull the wheels in more flush. IDK... I need to live with it for a while before deciding whether or not it's an issue annoying enough to resolve.

Need4Speed balanced these wheels spot-on. Feels like glass on the highway. And having four brand new Michelin PSS is certainly grin-worthy.

It's not bad. Not perfect, either, to whatever I was expecting. But not bad. Certainly better than the 18" OEM Sport rims.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Need 4 Speed

First pic with 19", staggered CVT on the car.

There is about a 1/16" clearance between the front spokes and the front calipers. Seriously, it's that close. One, maybe two credit cards. Good lord.

The 10" rears poke about a 1/2" from the vertical plane of the rear fender. Can't say as I'm liking that. It's been suggested that if I lower the car it would pull the wheels in more flush. IDK... I need to live with it for a while before deciding whether or not it's an issue annoying enough to resolve.

Need4Speed balanced these wheels spot-on. Feels like glass on the highway. And having four brand new Michelin PSS is certainly grin-worthy.

It's not bad. Not perfect, either, to whatever I was expecting. But not bad. Certainly better than the 18" OEM Sport rims.

Looks great brotha !!!

The clearance on the front brakes is close, but will not effect anything in regards to clearance.

We take pride in our balancing skills

The poke for the rear will be there but when you lower it they will fit spot on and looks great also, but understandable about having the decide on that.

Enjoy them and let us know if there is anything we can help you out with regardless questions or products.

and send us more images !!!! LOL
Old 03-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Need 4 Speed
Enjoy them and let us know if there is anything we can help you out with regardless questions or products.
OK, thanks. Here's one... what would you recommend as the proper PSI for this set-up? Still just 35 PSI, right? Because at least one of the new sensors is triggering the TPMS warning light.

And here's another pic. IMO, it looks great from this angle, or from a direct profile. But from the back, the rears poke. A lot. Not sure what to do about that at the moment.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-29-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:19 PM
Need 4 Speed

OK, thanks. Here's one... what would you recommend as the proper PSI for this set-up? Still just 35 PSI, right? Because at least one of the new sensors is triggering the TPMS warning light.

And here's another pic. IMO, it looks great from this angle, or from a direct profile. But from the back, the rears poke. A lot. Not sure what to do about that at the moment.

Beautiful angle. Those Swift Springs are going to be great for you! As for PSI we recommend 32-36PSI you will be fine within that range.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:33 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Need 4 Speed
Beautiful angle. Those Swift Springs are going to be great for you! As for PSI we recommend 32-36PSI you will be fine within that range.
Just ordered the Swift Springs 4N908 from N4S. Updated pics in a few weeks after the drop.

Checking & correcting air pressure this evening. Could be a combination of Spring temp changes with one or more tires a little over-inflated from your shop.

Thanks, Chris.

[edit] Nope. Tires were spot-on at 32-33 PSI. I went to a local shop, had them wand each corner, and the right-rear TPMS routinely came up "faulty". So it seems I have a bad TPMS after one day and maybe 10 miles of driving. Bummer.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-03-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:34 PM
Need 4 Speed

Just ordered the Swift Springs 4N908 from N4S. Updated pics in a few weeks after the drop.

Checking & correcting air pressure this evening. Could be a combination of Spring temp changes with one or more tires a little over-inflated from your shop.

Thanks, Chris.
Awesome! I'm excited to see the results! I'm sure Vossen would love to see the photos as well.

You're most welcome!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Need 4 Speed

Every time you look at these wheels... Happy Monday!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:16 PM
Need 4 Speed

Bump! End of the week specials!
Old 06-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Need 4 Speed

END OF JUNE SPECIALS!!! PM Today!!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Need 4 Speed

PM for BEST PRICE!!

Quick Reply: New Release Vossen CVT| The Next Great Step | Need 4 Speed Motorsports