VPP Purchasing VPP Purchasing

cash price before vpp

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 12:04 AM
threepointo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cash price before vpp

I have been reading this forum like crazy!!! Lots of good info! thank you everyone for your input be it good or bad! It really helps guys like me who despise dealerships! Unfortunately we have to deal with them to get our cars! I was quoted $45,761.38 cash price for a fully loaded G37 nav, tech, 6mt, the whole nine yards. I have a printout that they gave me. Now after reading through this forum I discovered VPP so I went on the VPP site and my wife's job at Fedex Express qualifies for plan D! I printed the certificate and I will take it to the dealer with me next sunday. My question is does anyone know what the plan D discount is? in either $$ or %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. This is Riverside Infinity by the way. Lastly is this a good cash price or do you think I can get lower. Part of the deal is that he throw in the lighted sils, cargo net, trunk mat, floor mats, etc,etc or did he just rake that into the price on me? I have promised myself that I will leave my a@@ whoopin gear at home and not break the guys neck for trying to get over on me. Let me know what you folks think.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
iko

The info was right on the website.

The Offer

Through the Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP), Business Associates pay a pre-negotiated price for a Nissan or Infiniti vehicle: dealer invoice less any applicable incentives, plus delivery fee, plus a destination and handling charge and, if applicable, an advertising assessment fee.

For Business Associates, the VPP price is calculated as follows:
D PLAN

* Dealer invoice
* Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
* Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
* Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
* Plus destination and handling charge
* Minus applicable incentives
* Equals participant's purchase price

When a dealership sells a new vehicle to you at the pre-negotiated price indicated above, it qualifies for a 5 percent delivery fee. For Business Associate companies and their employees and the employee's spouse (D Plan), NNA pays half the fee and the customer pays the other half. Please note that only dealerships in the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska are eligible to participate in the VPP.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:57 PM
threepointo

Originally Posted by iko
The info was right on the website.
thank you very much! I guess I overlooked it on the site...
Old 03-28-2008, 02:21 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought mine at Riverside Infiniti w/ VPP as well. I didn't have any problems whatsoever, minus the long *** wait...so take advantage of their guarantee (60 minutes or something, I forgot) if it takes a while to get your papers processed.

But before you go in, make sure you know exactly how your numbers are supposed to turn out. I recalculated them myself when they gave me the invoice and they "accidentally" charged me more than what I was supposed to pay. But they admitted they made a mistake and fixed it no problem. Overall, I'd give my experience there a 4.3/5. Good luck with the purchase. Who's your sales rep?
Old 04-03-2008, 01:47 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
45700k is wayyyy tooo highhhhh before anytime of discount ... wow....unless thats out the door price....
Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 AM
COMark

edmunds.com will give you MSRP and invoice for all the options. I'd check it out to compare pricing and make sure they start with the right number when they calculate VPP.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
HighMike

Edmunds has an inflated invoice price.