VPP Purchasing VPP Purchasing

Another VPP Story

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:23 PM
new_guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm from the San Gabriel area and I guess I'm trying to get the best possible price. Both Santa Monica and Cerritos are offering me $500 over invoice. I'm going to see if I can push it lower since it seems like it was pretty easy to get it that close to invoice.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:37 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know about that because the car is an 08 and they're selling it pretty fast. I thought the same way you did but in the end you have to realize that 500 over invoice is already a killer deal. If you can get a pretty nice APR, you'd be set.

If you talk to santa monica, ask for Aaron. You can tell him that you heard about them from Danny, maybe he can do something for you.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
David is the (internet) sales manager I think.
ive known dave for a few years and i'm about to buy a journey from him on wed with the vpp im getting from fedex. if you bring a girl with you with lots of cleavage showing, i'm sure he'd give you a really good deal
Old 11-24-2007, 07:24 PM
SilkeG

Originally Posted by gmlee86
if you bring a girl with you with lots of cleavage showing, i'm sure he'd give you a really good deal
Can others comment on whether this tactic works for sales people in general? How effective would twins be or would that be too much?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you brought dave twins he'd probably give you the car for free lol. (no guarantees though)
Old 11-25-2007, 06:57 AM
SilkeG

Hmmm ...
Old 12-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Stanislav

SM Infiniti sucks!!! BIG TIME

Not sure how much has changed with Santa Monica Infiniti in the past 6 months, but I had a horrible experience with them when I was about to lease my ’07 coupe. I stopped by to talk to David (internet sales manager) and wanted to see what kind of a deal he would give me on a short-term lease (15 month promotion from Infiniti). He wasn’t really budging on the price, which was higher than what I was quoted from other sources.

Later on, I had emailed him a deal that I wanted to get… basically asking him to match what was offered from Glendale Infiniti. I explained that the reason why I wanted to go with SM was because I work and live there… and it would save me a trip to Glendale. His response was basically the deal that I want, they would be losing money… and that with that price, I should buy 10 Infinities… I was polite and explained that I’m not asking him to do better, but just to match what I was quoted. He came back saying that maybe Infiniti is not the right car for me… WTF?!?!?! I can buy any Infiniti I want, with cash…

Anyways, I ended up getting the deal that I wanted… no thanks to SM. I was going to stop by later on to show him the car that I got and see if service department is any better than their ****ty sales team… but I’m a busy guy and didn’t want to waste any more time on that jack ***.

The only way I would buy a car from them is if they give me a deal that I can’ t match with anyone else… based on my prior experience, it doesn’t look like it will ever happen.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:51 AM
ucla bruin

Wow, maybe I caught them when their sales weren't doing that well or something. Because David (and Aaron) matched the deal I got from other places, found the car for me, did a swap in the same day. Maybe our approaches were different....

Sorry to hear that though. I, too, have had horrible experiences where I even felt insulted by the sales person. At least we both got the deals we wanted, as well as, the car we wanted.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, maybe I caught them when their sales weren't doing that well or something. Because David (and Aaron) matched the deal I got from other places, found the car for me, did a swap in the same day. Maybe our approaches were different....
I think the opposite is true ... if you are having bad sales, you will go out of your way to make the deal. One sale is better than no sales. And I think the ppl at SM probably smartened up and went with the program where "the customer is always right".

PS I hate it when dealers talk to you like you are wasting their time ... it's more like you [the dealer] are wasting my time for not giving me the deal that *I* want / have in writing ...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:23 PM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by jdm_inspire
I think the opposite is true ... if you are having bad sales, you will go out of your way to make the deal. One sale is better than no sales. And I think the ppl at SM probably smartened up and went with the program where "the customer is always right".

PS I hate it when dealers talk to you like you are wasting their time ... it's more like you [the dealer] are wasting my time for not giving me the deal that *I* want / have in writing ...
Yes, that's why I said I may have caught them when their sales WEREN'T doing that well or something.

And yes, I agree with your P.S. but it's kinda of fun dealing/confronting those people like "oh I guess this is the type of customer service you provide" haha.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:39 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, that's why I said I may have caught them when their sales WEREN'T doing that well or something.

My bad for not reading properly.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ill probably sound stupid for asking this but.........what is vpp?
Old 02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Loki123
Registered Member

VPP stands for Vehicle Purchase Plan - In Canada it is www.vppcanada.ca - where either Nissan/Infiniti employees get a deal or Business Associates get a deal - you can search the site if you work for a business associate company to see if you quality here --> http://www.vppcanada.ca/search.psp
Old 02-21-2008, 02:26 PM
jchen043

+1 david joe Montclair