Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:37 PM
J. Dub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That pisses me off.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:21 PM
khoad

so if the 3.9% deal goes sour, what are the chances i receive my down payment back in full?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:41 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would think if they do not adhere to everything stated on the signed contract that you agreed to, then it becomes void and you are entitled to reimbursement of the full down payment. I don't have the contract on me, but I didn't see anything on there that implied otherwise.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:55 PM
khoad

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
I would think if they do not adhere to everything stated on the signed contract that you agreed to, then it becomes void and you are entitled to reimbursement of the full down payment. I don't have the contract on me, but I didn't see anything on there that implied otherwise.
i think i remember reading this as well. let me know how your situation turns out, as i may have to resort to the recent graduate incentive.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:38 PM
chasemyaccord

Hey khoad, do you qualify for it? I'm 2 months over the 2 year mark. You're lucky if you're still eligible.

...still waiting for that damn phone call...
Old 11-20-2007, 06:56 PM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord View Post
"Did anyone finance this month for 2.9???"

I got the 2.9%/36 months, and I'm relatively young. How's your credit, if you don't mind? I might be able to give some inputs. Also, are you in the CA area, I can refer you to a few dealerships that also offered me 2.9
Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
chasemyaccord

Yeah I'm located in Riverside. My credit is in the 710-740 range, but I have a really short credit history. Do you think my chances would differ from one finance department to another?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:37 PM
ucla bruin

I think your score would be different but only slightly. Santa Monica Infiniti told me that they use Equifax to run the check. It's ok, my credit history is short too. I think you need a 730 or so to get the special APR. Has any Infiniti done a check on you and told you either you qualify or not?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:05 PM
chasemyaccord

The car is already parked in my garage. They told me before I signed the papers that I am good for the 2.9%. I don't remember exact details, but one of my scores was in the 710's and the other was in the 730's. After taking the car home, I got a call a day later saying they're still working on getting the approval through, so they're not completely sure if I'll get the 2.9, but if not, they have a couple backup plans...one is to put me under the recent college grad rate of 3.9%, and the second is a lender who's already approved me for 7.74%. They said it's pretty up in the air what's going to happen and that they'd call me today...no call so far...
Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 PM
iko

The car is already parked in my garage. They told me before I signed the papers that I am good for the 2.9%. I don't remember exact details, but one of my scores was in the 710's and the other was in the 730's. After taking the car home, I got a call a day later saying they're still working on getting the approval through, so they're not completely sure if I'll get the 2.9, but if not, they have a couple backup plans...one is to put me under the recent college grad rate of 3.9%, and the second is a lender who's already approved me for 7.74%. They said it's pretty up in the air what's going to happen and that they'd call me today...no call so far...
Take the car to the dealership and tell them if they don't get the loan secured and approved you are returning it.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM
khoad

Hey khoad, do you qualify for it? I'm 2 months over the 2 year mark. You're lucky if you're still eligible.

...still waiting for that damn phone call...
yea i still qualify. i am one year and 5 months removed from college, so i'm good to go on that.

i called my infiniti dealership and talked to the Finance Director and she told me I am good to go for the 3.9% financing and that my loan was approved. YES!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 PM
khoad

Originally Posted by iko
Take the car to the dealership and tell them if they don't get the loan secured and approved you are returning it.
i would do this as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:20 AM
chasemyaccord

Well, I did get a phone call last night. But it wasn't about the loan. The finance lady's partner just called me and asked how the car was so far. I think it was more of a courtesy call, since he's not as informed on my situation as the other person. Hopefully some good news today...keepin' my fingers crossed...
Old 11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
iko

Sounds like they're stringing you along. If you don't return the car it will be outside the window to do so and you'll be stuck with whatever financing they get you. Don't wait a minute longer. Drive to the dealership now or call the finance manager now and inform them you need to return the car if they don't get your rates approved immediately.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:13 PM
ucla bruin

Yea, let them know the problem ASAP

Quick Reply: Be careful when using VPP!!