VPP Purchasing VPP Purchasing

Be careful when using VPP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:31 PM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
UCLA BRUIN:

1st. I thought you had your G37?

What financing person are you speaking to?
Allan pulled out the book, with all the specials (he's a black guy). When he said that I qualified for the 3.9% he said my other option was 2.9% for 36 months. But the payment was bananas. He pulled out a 2inch 3 ring binder.

They do have that offer!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just called them again to see which team is working when.....they have 2 teams, A and B.

A is the one that I've dealt with, bad experience, you gotta be damn aggressive and be prepared to leave. Negative remarks on the A team finance manager (although it could just be that they didn't know).

B is apparently where junyea and ohseedee had their pleasant experience. (Jeff is on the B team).
Old 11-13-2007, 11:39 PM
ucla bruin

junyea,

no, I don't have it yet, but will soon before this month ends

The finance guy I spoke to (told me the dealerships that are blowing smokes to me face with the whole 2.9%) is named James, also a black guy.

Thanks for the info though, it just goes to show further that James probably did know about the offer but chose to lie to me and tried to make a few bucks.

It sucks for the sale people because the management team is what makes the final decision, and stuff like this reflects badly on the management, as well as, the sales associates.

Thanks junyea, I appreciate the feedback. Now I gotta look for a place with stick shift rental to freshen up my skills for the new G, any suggestions?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:52 AM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
ohseedee, are you by any chance a white male about 6ft tall, if so I probably saw you just now down at South Bay, haha.

I was there to give them another chance but no they screwed themselves over. I saw Alex (the guy you dealt with). I've actually spoken to him before and yes he's definitely the guy you want to ask for. I went back to basically see what they would say about how last time they told me that I didn't qualify for the 2.9% APR. So now the guy I talked to agreed to give me invoice+500. But his finance manager told me to my face they DO NOT OFFER 2.9%APR/36months. He said that's only for 07 G sedans, which is a load of BS (unless his communication with corporate is poor enough that he did not receive the NOVEMBER SPECIAL OFFER). I told him all the other dealers are offering it for the 08 G coupe, he responded by saying that they're blowing smoke in my face. Haha wtf, so I couldn't resist.....left, came home, looked up the 2.9% APR for the 08 G freakin' coupe. Called him up, asked him if they offer 2.9 for 08, he gave me the same answer.So I told him to check the INFINITI WEBSITE. He had nothing to say but "oh I stand corrected".

If anyone plans to go down to South Bay Infiniti and see that James is the finance manager for the day. Don't waste your time unless you've done your research, because apparently they just "didn't know about it" and probably will turn you down.
Yeah that sounds like me. I was there between 4:45 and 5:30. Where did you see me? Were you in the waiting room?

Small world...

As far as your issues with James, I never met him. I guess there are good guys and bad guys everywhere. Just the luck of the draw. I had a bad time at Costa Mesa, but I'm sure the next guy will have a happy experience.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:26 AM
ucla bruin

Hm, I was there after 6:30, I guess we just missed each other, heh heh.

Yea, all I can say is that I'm glad everyone on the forum is extremely helpful. It certainly gave me a a big advantage in negotiating for the price I want. I've learned a lot and still got tons of questions. But I'm sure there is a lot of other people that really appreciate the G37 community here like I do.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 AM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I really appreciate this forum. It got me my car!

Bruin: You gotta try to speak to Allan in financing. He is this big black dude. He was originally from Detriot and now is here in Cali. (these details will help). He showed me that it found it weird that they were giving this 3.9%apr rate so early in the game. He attributed that to the slow sales of cars. He told me that they have not sold a FX45 for 6months. Dude you could get the deal. Try to speak to them. The B team.....

Today I drove my car into work for the first time. I live in East. LA so there is no other car in sight that looks anything close to mine. (i got lo-jack no worries. ha ha) Enjoyed the jaws of people being on the floor as they peeked over to my G37!!!!!
Just wanted to share.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:39 AM
chasemyaccord

I went to Riverside Infiniti and didn't have too much of a problem. Although at first, they gave me VPP for the wrong plan (I have Plan A), so that knocked off another 1K from the initial estimate. If you're doing VPP, you should definitely have a good idea of what the price should come out to before going, because they may knick you somewhere if you're not careful.

Other than that, the staff there was really helpful and supportive. I did manage to get sucked into getting 3 dealer options at cost, which added a good chunk to my monthly payment. Kinda regret getting the extended warranty, I feel that I don't really need it. Do you think I could get refunded for that, especially since I paid at cost, so it's not like they're losing a large profit margin if doing so?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 AM
khoad

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord

Other than that, the staff there was really helpful and supportive. I did manage to get sucked into getting 3 dealer options at cost, which added a good chunk to my monthly payment. Kinda regret getting the extended warranty, I feel that I don't really need it. Do you think I could get refunded for that, especially since I paid at cost, so it's not like they're losing a large profit margin if doing so?
Return that poop or don't take delivery of your car (if you haven't yet). In a few weeks, Nissan N.A. will send you a letter in the mail offering you the same warranty and others for a lot cheaper than what the dealer quoted you. "At cost" is still a profit for them, one way or the other...especially if the stuff you got does not get utilized.

The damn finance manager got pissed when I rejected all his dealer added options. Motherlover did not even shake my hand when I signed the papers. They were not pleased to sell me a blue slate/stone G37 with premium/sport/spoiler/navi for VPP price.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
ucla bruin

You can cancel it, at least that's what Santa Monica Infiniti told me. I paid 1880 for the extended warranty.

khoad, how much does Nissan offer? I'm debating if I should cancel mine too.....
Old 11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
khoad

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
You can cancel it, at least that's what Santa Monica Infiniti told me. I paid 1880 for the extended warranty.

khoad, how much does Nissan offer? I'm debating if I should cancel mine too.....
Not sure yet. I will report back if/when I receive the letter in the mail.

I am speculating this will happen, as it did when my brother purchased a brand new car from another Japanese company earlier in the year and passed on the extended warranty from the dealer.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 AM
chasemyaccord

Did anyone finance this month for 2.9???

My sales contract says 2.9, but now we're not sure if my loan will get approved at that rate. I have immaculate credit, but since my credit history is so short, they're not sure if they can get me 2.9 anymore, or even 3.9. The whole reason I bought the car this month is so that I could get a good interest rate. They say their "fallback plan" is a lender who's already approved me that is offering 7.74%. That is complete crap. So there's a chance I might return my G if I don't get the approved rate.

I hope things work out well tomorrow, but right now, everything's up in the air. =\
Old 11-20-2007, 08:37 AM
khoad

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Did anyone finance this month for 2.9???

My sales contract says 2.9, but now we're not sure if my loan will get approved at that rate. I have immaculate credit, but since my credit history is so short, they're not sure if they can get me 2.9 anymore, or even 3.9. The whole reason I bought the car this month is so that I could get a good interest rate. They say their "fallback plan" is a lender who's already approved me that is offering 7.74%. That is complete crap. So there's a chance I might return my G if I don't get the approved rate.

I hope things work out well tomorrow, but right now, everything's up in the air. =\
call their bluff, but be ready to return your car.

1. if you are a recent college graduate (within 2 years), you may qualify for the preferred rates (2.9/3.9) if you: (1) have a job; (2) have good credit; and (3) have the right salary to support your payments.

2. make your point that you have the ability to repay the loan. my suggestion is to come in with a repayment anlaysis that details your net income and fixed expenses for the year; or if you want to get detailed, do it for the month. this should support your ability to repay the loan.

3. you can also make the point that new car sales are about to hit a 15-year low, and you are doing your part to support the economy by pumping money into it. (long shot)

4. most of the time, they do this to get more money out of you. the dealership is making barely any profit with VPP, so how will they supplement this? by jacking up your interest rate.

5. have other lenders ready to loan you money. right now, i believe you can get new car loans in the 5-6% range, but this is much higher than the baller finance rate proposed now. but if you have to resort to this, get outside financing and just prepay the loan if you can.

---

with that said, i still have not taken delivery of my car, but i will expect the same run-around that you just received. when they call me to come pick it up, i probably will not drive off the lot until i receive assurance that my loan has been process and approved.

good thing is, i still have a car sitting at home that is still running, so i can use that if i don't get the G.

good luck.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:03 PM
chasemyaccord

Thanks for the suggestions khoad.

They're trying to push for the college graduate rate, but the problem is, it's been 2 years and 2 months since I graduated, so I don't know if that will fall through yet. The finance lady said that the person she talked to on the other end is really good and the guy told her "if I can't push this loan through, no one can." I hope this guy is as good as he says he is.

She also said a couple things yesterday that didn't make much sense to me:

"The loan approval won't be affected if you put more money down, or if you have a co-signer."
- In both instances, I'm reducing their risk. How can that not positively impact my chances of getting approved for the loan??

"If you get a loan from your work credit union and it's not well-established, it will help you much more in the future when you get a mortgage loan if your car loan came from an FDIC insured institution. The credit unions are not FDIC insured."
- So you build more effective credit if you loan through an FDIC insured lender?

Anyway, I'm still going to stand firm on 2.9, 3.9, or return the car. As I said before, the reason I bought the damn car this month was to take advantage of 2.9. There's a snowball's chance in hell that I'll walk out with 7.74%.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:00 PM
go4gr8

Sounds like poppycock that when the sales contract says 2.9% and it's been signed, they want to back out. And how about all the other instances when the customer is told something different and the contract says something else??

I don't like when customers are taken advantage of!!

Also, aren't contracts suppose to be finalized before the car is delivered??
Old 11-20-2007, 03:23 PM
iko

read the fine print of your contract. Chances are there are provisions that allow for the loan to be finalized which typically is not the same as signing on the dotted line and driving out the door. Therefore, if they can't get you at the rate they promised they can look for an alternative. You would have the opportunity to back out of the deal.

Car dealerships close contracts all the time after banking hours. This is typical.

Without a proven credit history it's not as likely to get an attractive rate such as 2.95%. Same goes with the aggressive money factors on leases.

Quick Reply: Be careful when using VPP!!