VPP Purchasing VPP Purchasing

Be careful when using VPP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:17 PM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my G37 @ South Bay!

After reading the post by "ucla bruin," that indicated that South Bay was taking VPP, I called them up. The sales rep informed me they had one last ivory pearl. They held it for me. I got there with my VPP code. The list price for my G37S with prem nav/sport pks was $43,700. It went down to $39,600.

Got a great deal. They were very professional. Alex Shin was my sales person, and he went out of his way to explain the features to me and made me feel comfortable.

South Bay Infiniti is awesome.................................Recommende d.

Ivory Pearl/Black Leather Interior/ Nav/ Sport Pkg/ Back up Camera
Old 11-13-2007, 12:32 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by junyea
After reading the post by "ucla bruin," that indicated that South Bay was taking VPP, I called them up. The sales rep informed me they had one last ivory pearl. They held it for me. I got there with my VPP code. The list price for my G37S with prem nav/sport pks was $43,700. It went down to $39,600.

Got a great deal. They were very professional. Alex Shin was my sales person, and he went out of his way to explain the features to me and made me feel comfortable.

South Bay Infiniti is awesome.................................Recommende d.

Ivory Pearl/Black Leather Interior/ Nav/ Sport Pkg/ Back up Camera
Alex Shin is the guy that helped me too. And I got the same car as you (except Black on Black) for the same price.

Congratulations.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:36 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I see, glad to hear that. Thanks and congratulations!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:36 PM
junyea

Told Them about you

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I see, glad to hear that. Thanks and congratulations!
I took in a copy of the forums to see how I had heard about their delearship. They remembered who you were. I told them that they owe my sale basically to you "ucla bruin". I also got the 3.9% apr. that was icing on the cake.

Funny thing, that early this morning I sent an email to Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, CA and Glendale Infiniti in Glendale, Ca, informing them of my new ride. Their Internet dept. were not breaking in allowing me to use VPP with the Coupe. Glendale Infiniti went as far as to tell me that NO dealer in ALL of CA was accepting that.

I forwarded them a picture of my new ride, and told them to feel free to send people who have VPP to South Bay....

I haven't heard back from them!!!

Love my G

Last edited by junyea; 11-13-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 PM
ucla bruin

Haha, nice. Although, I think ohseedee was the one that pointed out the whole VPP thing.

junyea, who did you talk to, I might stop by South Bay Infiniti after work one of these days
Old 11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
iko

Their Internet dept. were not breaking in allowing me to use VPP with the Coupe. Glendale Infiniti went as far as to tell me that NO dealer in ALL of CA was accepting that.
I don't think there's anything in VPP that says a dealership must participate in the program.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:52 PM
junyea

?

Originally Posted by iko
I don't think there's anything in VPP that says a dealership must participate in the program.
I know that. I just don't think they should make such bold statement and include ALL dealerships in California. That makes the statement FALSE.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:58 PM
ucla bruin

who did you talk to at south bay infiniti?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
iko

I know that. I just don't think they should make such bold statement and include ALL dealerships in California. That makes the statement FALSE.
You expect complete honesty from car salesmen?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM
junyea

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
who did you talk to at south bay infiniti?
The sales manager was Jeff. He remembered you.
The Financing person was Allen. He remembered you as well.

I was suggesting to them, to go online, and advertise themselves, just like we see Infiniti of Fairfield all over the forums.

Thats the great thing about it. I was thinking of going to Fairfield of Infiniti, until I read your post. It was definetly a pleasant experience.

Last edited by junyea; 11-13-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
junyea

Originally Posted by iko
You expect complete honesty from car salesmen?
I wouldn't say complete honesty. Although, I wouldn't go as far as to make a blanket statement......

It doesn't matter anymore. I got my G37S .

I did send them an email, to correct what Glendale Infiniti had told me!

They haven't replied as of yet.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 PM
ucla bruin

yea, I'm in the Torrance area, we should have a mini-meet, heh heh
Old 11-13-2007, 10:33 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

I just got back from South Bay to get some thing done to my car. They thanked me for brining them another sale by posting on this forum. I agree more dealers should get involved in forums like this one.

ucla bruin, I would recommend for you to go down there too and see if they can give you a deal on a G37. Just tell them you heard good things about them on this forum. Maybe we can get another "Infiniti of Fairfield" type situation started for SoCal people.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:22 PM
ucla bruin

ohseedee, are you by any chance a white male about 6ft tall, if so I probably saw you just now down at South Bay, haha.

I was there to give them another chance but no they screwed themselves over. I saw Alex (the guy you dealt with). I've actually spoken to him before and yes he's definitely the guy you want to ask for. I went back to basically see what they would say about how last time they told me that I didn't qualify for the 2.9% APR. So now the guy I talked to agreed to give me invoice+500. But his finance manager told me to my face they DO NOT OFFER 2.9%APR/36months. He said that's only for 07 G sedans, which is a load of BS (unless his communication with corporate is poor enough that he did not receive the NOVEMBER SPECIAL OFFER). I told him all the other dealers are offering it for the 08 G coupe, he responded by saying that they're blowing smoke in my face. Haha wtf, so I couldn't resist.....left, came home, looked up the 2.9% APR for the 08 G freakin' coupe. Called him up, asked him if they offer 2.9 for 08, he gave me the same answer.So I told him to check the INFINITI WEBSITE. He had nothing to say but "oh I stand corrected".

If anyone plans to go down to South Bay Infiniti and see that James is the finance manager for the day. Don't waste your time unless you've done your research, because apparently they just "didn't know about it" and probably will turn you down.

Last edited by ucla bruin; 11-13-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
junyea

I second that.....
South Bay is a great dealership. No pressure from the financing department to get all those extra's for the car.....in my experience

I had spoken to Jeff, sales manager, and informed him to start his own thread. He said someone's name, and said that they are doing forums. I haven't seen anyone advertise anyone besides US.....

Quick Reply: Be careful when using VPP!!