VPP Purchasing VPP Purchasing

VPP quote from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 12:18 PM
bloodhound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
how do you get this VPP deal? Bc thats a mich better lease quote that i was given. With the price of the car at 41k.
I basically walked through with the finance / sales manager the numbers. They tried in so many areas to short change me, i.e. they tried to give me a residual of 72%, when for my car its 74%, etc. I also used lease calculators and walked in there knowing what my car price should be, and made it happen. All the numbers are in the thread guys, if anything you can pm / ask me anyway again if ur not sure of ur numbers.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:37 PM
iko

Originally Posted by bloodhound
I basically walked through with the finance / sales manager the numbers. They tried in so many areas to short change me, i.e. they tried to give me a residual of 72%, when for my car its 74%, etc. I also used lease calculators and walked in there knowing what my car price should be, and made it happen. All the numbers are in the thread guys, if anything you can pm / ask me anyway again if ur not sure of ur numbers.
Did you get the car yet?

Now that I've built up a relationship w/ my dealer they don't try to rake me across the coals. There are plenty of other saps out there. They know I can go to any other Infiniti dealer and get the same price (beauty of VPP) but now they've got my repeat business.

But you're right, the dealers can still play around with residuals and MF if you don't know your sh*t.

When I leased my M35x back in Feb '06 the dealer had this notion of mentioning 2.25 instead of .00225 for the MF. This is a difference between 2.25% and 5.4%. (Current captive MF was 0.00225) I signed the deal but wasn't able to pick up the vehicle for 2 days. Upon noticing the error that night I called the GM and told him I'm backing out of the deal. He claimed I couldn't and I knew I could. After a somewhat heated conversation he opted to meet me part-way between which got them close to their buy rate but way below the captive MF. In return I gave him a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Bottom line is the dealer didn't want any disgruntled customers and were willing to be more flexible than normal. I've since referred at least 3 customers to them.

When I went to them last week I showed up with my laptop in tow.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:52 PM
bloodhound

will be there tomm and leave a deposit on it then...
Originally Posted by iko
Did you get the car yet?

Now that I've built up a relationship w/ my dealer they don't try to rake me across the coals. There are plenty of other saps out there. They know I can go to any other Infiniti dealer and get the same price (beauty of VPP) but now they've got my repeat business.

But you're right, the dealers can still play around with residuals and MF if you don't know your sh*t.

When I leased my M35x back in Feb '06 the dealer had this notion of mentioning 2.25 instead of .00225 for the MF. This is a difference between 2.25% and 5.4%. (Current captive MF was 0.00225) I signed the deal but wasn't able to pick up the vehicle for 2 days. Upon noticing the error that night I called the GM and told him I'm backing out of the deal. He claimed I couldn't and I knew I could. After a somewhat heated conversation he opted to meet me part-way between which got them close to their buy rate but way below the captive MF. In return I gave him a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Bottom line is the dealer didn't want any disgruntled customers and were willing to be more flexible than normal. I've since referred at least 3 customers to them.

When I went to them last week I showed up with my laptop in tow.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM
blaque831

Am I to understand that everyone here looking into the VPP is an employee of or knows someone at Nissan or Infiniti? I'm confused, and I sell cars......
Old 11-05-2007, 09:25 PM
iko

Originally Posted by blaque831
Am I to understand that everyone here looking into the VPP is an employee of or knows someone at Nissan or Infiniti? I'm confused, and I sell cars......
Or works at a company that is an affiliate of Nissan/Infiniti. Technically, I think direct family members of affiliates are eligible for VPP as well.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
CtK
Registered Member

so who wants to hook me up with VPP
Old 11-07-2007, 08:34 AM
G35lips
Florida G35 Club Member

Seriously, I want VPP...I'll pay you for it haha.

Lips
Old 11-07-2007, 10:35 AM
bloodhound

Originally Posted by G35lips
Seriously, I want VPP...I'll pay you for it haha.

Lips
the vpp person's name goes on all the paperwork n car,
like i dont have vpp, but my sis does, and she will b checked for credit, put on registration, etc...
Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 PM
msb3079

^^ damn, i thought you could do it thru direct family members but in your own name.... no?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
bloodhound

nope, i called to verify with vpp program
Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
GregH

I believe with the VPP business plan ( not the family/friends VPP ) you don't have to have someone else on the registration/etc. For instance, I work for a company in KC that is really big, and when I went into our ONLY infiniti dealer, I told him I worked at said company. When he heard that he mentioned that we can get the VPP program, which surprised me he would mention it since I had no clue I could even use it. Anyway, that was a month ago and VPP wasn't available and he tried pushing the deal on me. I told him no way, I'm waiting for VPP, and he responded with it could be 8-12months. Here we are 3 months in and its available. How nice.

I don't think its quite as nice of a deal as the VPP for friends and family, but its still pretty good. Something like 1.6% above invoice.

I've got a question... When you get a lease through VPP, do you have to use their financing? So for instance I have to accept their crappy .00285 6.8% lease rate? Do I have the option of going through my own financing means like pentagon?

EDIT: I just checked and got a claim number using that form in another post. Weird thing I noticed: I put 38,024 for my cap cost, 6.4% tax, 100 extra fees (Title/license) and 1500 down (Same as bloodhound, on purpose) and I come out to $493/mo including sales tax, without sales tax it would be 464. I'm assuming the difference is because of tax rates. I used the lease calculator off google ( first one ).

Also, according to the calculations from another member, a g37 sport prem/spoiler base cap cost after all the VPP fees, but not including any TTL, is 38,024. How are you getting a g37 spor prem/nav for only a $300 more? Thanks guys..

Last Q, do you have to pick a car from their lot for VPP to work?

Last edited by GregH; 11-07-2007 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:31 AM
bloodhound

I put 1500 down on a base cap cost of 39107 (g37 6mt sport prem nav spoiler cargo mats, etc) monthly payment will b lower for g37 prem only
Tax rate will also make a diff (it sux in NY so badly)
your calc is off
mine works out to
1500 down, 3674 otd
451.62 a month 15k mi 2 yrs my tax rate is 8.625%
What I was told, you can get your own leasing company or lease through any of their companies.
If you go outside of IFS, the company will usually have a lower residual for the car, and their "tolerence" on car damage is much tighter and less forgiving if you have nicks and scratches etc
Also, in order to use some outside company, you have to give IFS a lease 1 time payment which includes a mf of .0020 regardless of if you want or not(since car is always financed thru IFS technically). So by using your own leasing company, you will have a compounded MF rate.
That is the way it was explained 2 me from 2 dealerships. Hope it helps.
Originally Posted by GregH
I believe with the VPP business plan ( not the family/friends VPP ) you don't have to have someone else on the registration/etc. For instance, I work for a company in KC that is really big, and when I went into our ONLY infiniti dealer, I told him I worked at said company. When he heard that he mentioned that we can get the VPP program, which surprised me he would mention it since I had no clue I could even use it. Anyway, that was a month ago and VPP wasn't available and he tried pushing the deal on me. I told him no way, I'm waiting for VPP, and he responded with it could be 8-12months. Here we are 3 months in and its available. How nice.

I don't think its quite as nice of a deal as the VPP for friends and family, but its still pretty good. Something like 1.6% above invoice.

I've got a question... When you get a lease through VPP, do you have to use their financing? So for instance I have to accept their crappy .00285 6.8% lease rate? Do I have the option of going through my own financing means like pentagon?

EDIT: I just checked and got a claim number using that form in another post. Weird thing I noticed: I put 38,024 for my cap cost, 6.4% tax, 100 extra fees (Title/license) and 1500 down (Same as bloodhound, on purpose) and I come out to $493/mo including sales tax, without sales tax it would be 464. I'm assuming the difference is because of tax rates. I used the lease calculator off google ( first one ).

Also, according to the calculations from another member, a g37 sport prem/spoiler base cap cost after all the VPP fees, but not including any TTL, is 38,024. How are you getting a g37 spor prem/nav for only a $300 more? Thanks guys..

Last Q, do you have to pick a car from their lot for VPP to work?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:33 AM
bloodhound

You dont have to pick a car from their lot for VPP, however, good luck on them getting you your car. I just went through a world of aggravation and frustration best summarized by: its easier to find the car from the dealer and to go to them directly. I am currently in the process of gettin deposits refunded, unhappy from figuring out all the dealer lies that ive been told in the last 2 days. Save yourself my aggravation, go right to the dealer who's got the car.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:34 AM
bloodhound

contemplating if i should file a complaint on the dealer or not
Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 AM
iko

If the dealer refunds your deposit (which they will) you're better of just moving on. With VPP you're supposed to be taking delivery from stock. Dealers will frequntly make trades w/ other dealerships to win your business but chances are they're getting a less desireable color, set of options, etc. Remember, car dealerships are in business to make profit. Sleazy car dealerships don't get their reputations for nothing!

Quick Reply: VPP quote from dealer