VPP Purchasing VPP Purchasing

VPP is out I think

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 AM
dezicartel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
me to, if anyone has received a quote for the D plan, please post your car's specs and quote before T/T. I am going into the dealers tomorrow, so once I get mine, Ill let ya'll know, but I wanted to have an idea of what to expect before I go in....

Originally Posted by khoad
I qualify for D plan as well. Post up how much your quote is before TTL.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:30 AM
msb3079

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it all depends on your end motive.... if you are like me, and always want a new car every few years, leasing is better. if you want to keep it for 10 years, then buy it.

BUT. this is what's different now than before...... years back, cars were much more simple... it wasn't too hard to keep them for 10 years and not have many problems. but look at all the technology today and especially the different parts in a G37.... think of the things you would have to do to it throughout 10 years. it's not like my old '86 442, when every joe shmoe and his mom knew how to rebuild the carb. these new cars are MUCH more expensive to service. good luck owning one for more than 6 years (or even less) or so.... trust me, i don't want to be around one.

lastly, yes "renting" a car actually does make sense. but renting a house, or apartment does not. it's amazing how many people out there don't own where they live but bash leasing cars... it's the exact opposite.
houses GAIN value, cars quickly LOSE it.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:05 AM
iko

Originally Posted by Sweeet P
If you're saying 25% ain't hard to achieve, you surely must have done it yourself. Which leads me to this question? Why bother considering a G. Shouldn't you be looking at a GTR?
I don't get your comment. Plenty of my colleagues earn more than me and drive Camrys, Accords, etc. Others make less and drive P-cars, M-B, Bimmers, Audi and the like. To each their own. I'm not knocking financing or purchasing a car, it's just not for me. I'd rather not tie up as much money into a vehicle and make more capital available for investments or splurge for the finer things in life.

The lease combined with VPP is very attractive for any Infiniti. Not so much for Nissan since their residuals are much less.

The other cars I'm considering are the 335, 535, another M, CLK 550, E550, etc. BMW does a great job of backing their leases with high residuals. Infiniti is doing a good job too. M-B, Lexus and other brands have horrible residuals since they're not backed. Ultimately it comes down to a combination of which car I like, combined with who backs their residuals and where I have other incentives like BMW, Nissan, Daimler, Ford, GM or Audi.

Without a doubt, I'm not a financial genius. But I have what it takes to keep my family in a comfortable, happy life and save for the future.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:09 AM
iko

Originally Posted by Sweeet P
BTW, 73' Westfalia? What is that? Sorry, I was born in 77'
I didn't buy the Westfalia until '87, did some restoration and drove it cross-country about 9 times over the course of a couple spring/summers. I think just about every National Park was visited and camped in.

I found this image online.. do you will recognize one of these? Talk about an easy car to maintain. I could drop the engine with a milk crate a few wrenches and a screwdriver.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:58 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by iko
Paying cash for a depreciating asset is better? Think of all the money you could earn with investments. 25% per year isn't that hard to achieve and 40k can turn into 98k in 4 years. Lease payment of 560 a month for 4 years is ~27k. That's net 71k in over that period.
Please don't tell me you're an accountant.....or have anything to do with financing. You are so far off base it's actually funny.

For starters, your 25% investment option also must be burdened with high risk and can as easily lose 25% OR MORE(like maybe ALL of your principal) in the same amount of time (4 years). And your crazy voodoo math above assumes that the G I paid cash for is worth a big fat zero at the end of 4 years, which is hardly correct. As someone said, maybe you should be shopping a new Murci or GT-R with all of that big "investment" cash laying around.

Last edited by CHI-TOWN G37; 11-03-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:33 PM
GiGGaplease

if no one mind me asking, how does vpp work?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:49 PM
gogetter
Registered Member

Hey trendy 26: you say 600 over invoice wow, and no dealer fee's ...the only other thing i would wonder about is the 595.00 coat of paint pertectant, you know that special wax job dealers throw in or other dealer add ins. it seems to good to be true.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:44 PM
iko

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Please don't tell me you're an accountant.....or have anything to do with financing. You are so far off base it's actually funny.

For starters, your 25% investment option also must be burdened with high risk and can as easily lose 25% OR MORE(like maybe ALL of your principal) in the same amount of time (4 years). And your crazy voodoo math above assumes that the G I paid cash for is worth a big fat zero at the end of 4 years, which is hardly correct. As someone said, maybe you should be shopping a new Murci or GT-R with all of that big "investment" cash laying around.
I can't stand accountants except at tax time to save me more money than what the tax programs can do. Regardless, I'm not really off base....

If a person thinks 40k is a lot of investment cash then that person is either young or living beyond their means. 25% return definitely isn't hard to do. Heck, my 401k earns nearly that much per year and it's FAR from risky. If you want to be aggressive you can do much, much more.

OK, at the end of the 4 years, how much is the G worth? Maybe 1/2 or or less. Even with Infiniti's backing the 10/07 residual is only 51%. So your 40k investment is now worth 20k... if you're lucky and find a private buyer. It will definitely be hard to find an automotive dealer give you that rate when you trade-in.

If you're going to buy a car rather than lease then financing it is the only logical way to go. Purchasing the car outright is foolish. Finance rates are extremely cheap and can easily be beat with an online CD.

Stick the 40k in a very safe investment and earn 10% a year. You're still earning almost as much as what you'll lose by purchasing outright. You'll be able to pay for your lease.
40k @ 10% for 4 years = 58564

Last edited by iko; 11-03-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:50 PM
iko

Originally Posted by gogetter
Hey trendy 26: you say 600 over invoice wow, and no dealer fee's ...the only other thing i would wonder about is the 595.00 coat of paint pertectant, you know that special wax job dealers throw in or other dealer add ins. it seems to good to be true.
Rather than pay for dealer paint protectants you might invest $150 in a nice Porter-Cable 7424, spend an hour of time loving your car and do it yourself. Then with your $150 you can protect it over and over again and on all your cars too. I've been using a great sealant over the past few cars and has turned out some nice results.

You can buy one here -> http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pc-7424.html
Old 11-03-2007, 05:53 PM
iko

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
if no one mind me asking, how does vpp work?
GiGG.. check out the website at insidenissan.com. Depending on who you work for you might be surprised that you qualify. You can determine if you're eligible at http://insidenissan.programhq.com/ba_search.psp
Old 11-03-2007, 06:07 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by iko
I can't stand accountants except at tax time to save me more money than what the tax programs can do. Regardless, I'm not really off base....

If a person thinks 40k is a lot of investment cash then that person is either young or living beyond their means. 25% return definitely isn't hard to do. Heck, my 401k earns nearly that much per year and it's FAR from risky. If you want to be aggressive you can do much, much more.

OK, at the end of the 4 years, how much is the G worth? Maybe 1/2 or or less. Even with Infiniti's backing the 10/07 residual is only 51%. So your 40k investment is now worth 20k... if you're lucky and find a private buyer. It will definitely be hard to find an automotive dealer give you that rate when you trade-in.

If you're going to buy a car rather than lease then financing it is the only logical way to go. Purchasing the car outright is foolish. Finance rates are extremely cheap and can easily be beat with an online CD.

Stick the 40k in a very safe investment and earn 10% a year. You're still earning almost as much as what you'll lose by purchasing outright. You'll be able to pay for your lease.
40k @ 10% for 4 years = 58564
Ok spin doctor. Whatever you say. You're the expert and must have people knocking down your door to invest their money with you. If your 401K has rocketed at 25% on average for the last 15 years more power to you. No need to reply, we have diverted the topic enough and you and I are years apart in investing preferences.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:56 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by iko
GiGG.. check out the website at insidenissan.com. Depending on who you work for you might be surprised that you qualify. You can determine if you're eligible at http://insidenissan.programhq.com/ba_search.psp
thank you very much.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Tarkus

I VPP eligible and calculated about $300. over invoice. Anyone know if dealer BS fees are excluded with VPP, like ad/doc fees?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:29 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how much do you save with this vpp?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:56 AM
iko

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
how much do you save with this vpp?
Follow the link above. Assuming you're an affiliate and not a Nissan employee it's 1.65% under invoice and then 2.5% added for delivery.

Quick Reply: VPP is out I think