Hyundai Genesis sounds like our G?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 05:03 PM
vINCe_Inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Galbi
Hyundai, the company, has nothing to do with criticizing the G37. It's the people who are potential customers of Genesis who are doing the actual comparisons in that forum. Big difference. Don't take things personally. They haven't done anything to you personally.

At the end of the day, our cars are just that cars. Transportation, a tool. Our culture has a tendency to judge and perceive people by what cars they drive, which I think is ridiculous. People who do this are too self-conscious and insecure of themselves.
a car is not just a car, it is a living piece of art. i am by no means a car fanatic like most of you guys here, but people get attached personally because there is something beyond just the machine, the sheet metal tells a story.

my 2 cents is that at the end of the day, if you are happy driving your G, good for you ! and if you get insulted by the hyundai fanbois, take them to the track and prove who is king.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 AM
last lemming

why are so many people hating on this car so much? You should be praising any car company trying to design a rear wheel gt or sports car instead of the fwd blunders they so often come up with. And who cares if they "copy" infiniti's design, isn't copying the highest form of flattery. And it's not like infinity is the originator of the "coupe" bodystyle.

I give cudos to them and hope it becomes refined as much as they can make it. I'm all for car companies making grate cars. How awsome would that be - a world full of great cars.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:16 AM
CHUCK81

im sure u guys know this ..... but the turbo motor is the EVO motor .... hyundai uses mitsu engines in some of there cars .... i dont know about the rest of the car, but the motor is proven and capable to make huge gains.... i honestly think that car is gonna give us G owners a run for our money .... with a few mods that thing actually prob faster due to our weight ...i wouldnt get the v6 model .... i aint a hater ... genesis is a badass car u'll see when it comes out.... but i still luv my 37 ...would never buy a hyundai BTW haha
Old 01-03-2009, 11:24 AM
J.Oh

what a rip
Old 01-03-2009, 02:40 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Wow didn't realize there was this many haters on the forum. People only hate things they wish they had or what they see as a threat. You do realize that this is basically you saying you are worried this Gen Coupe will take away from the status you think you have achieved. Why are BMW owners worried about Infiniti? Because you get just about everything they have + some unique features for less $$. Why are you all hating? because the Gen coupe offer G37 styling, potentially comparable quality and performance for less $$. All these cars are in the same segment and in order to compete effectively, will offer comparable or identical features and sometimes styling. Do you see Audi R8 owners or Maserati Grandturismo owners worried about what the Gen Coupe, 335i or G37 have in store next? No. Hate on though, it provides entertainment for the rest of us
Old 01-06-2009, 03:47 PM
08ivorypearl

i personally dont like the gen coupe. ive never liked any hyundais. only way to find out which car is better is to wait till its out on the streets. and i mean really better not "economically"..
Old 01-11-2009, 06:25 AM
Raven

i was going to take a genesis coupe or new camaro when it will be presented to states, but had a good deal on '08 g37s fully loaded so i just bought infiniti. in no way can i regret, but still gen coupe will be a very nice car. it already looks more sporty, it responds to bolt-ons as g37 does not, less luxury in interior (and i absolutely adore g37 interior), but performance wise, gen coupe will be comparable or even better. at least it's not as heavy stock-to-stock. also i would give away my 4was system if anyone could swap that
ps> and yes, 380gt (it's korean name) sounds similar and sweet.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:53 PM
wheelsun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTlC5JeJnno
Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pa pa pa posers!