More Vids of my Custome Exhaust set up

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Serbiasrt8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gan78mao
yea ur price sounds right compared to 700 something. my friends did custom quad exhaust on their C class with flow masters or magnaflow mufflers for around 400 something. How is the sound inside the car when ur driving? i had magnaflows before on my 3 series, the onlly thing tat really bugged me was the droning around 2k rpm.
no drone!
the inside sounds good,no resonance or anoyance at all!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Serbiasrt8

so ur installer welded the hinges to ur new pipings i suppose, and bolted right on from the mid pipe?
something like that!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
NemesisG37

Originally Posted by Serbiasrt8
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/dekidex/g002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/dekidex/g004.jpg

BTW.
Guys this is nithing special,no special set up,two mufflers i picked out,had them powder coated and painted black,mandrel bent pipes,With install it cost me 700$

Without the install you can probably find mufflers like this on e-bay or something and create your own set up.As long as the Muffler shop know what they are doing,you will be fine.

I do not belivein Buying a Stillen Exhaust for 1200$
When i can have something special and Unique for much less.

I will add headers and some aftermarket Cats soon.
Depends how you look at it....Someone with a custom exhaust set up is going to have a hard time selling their exhaust to a community that relies on brand names and power proven products...Say a $1200 Stillen exhaust resells used for $800...logically thats $400 spents on exhaust for the while you had it.

$700 spent on a custom exhaust....Most likely wont sell unless you have videos/dyno graphs of reasonable power gain or unless you sell it for diiiiirt cheap.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:50 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont know I am not a fan at all. Its loud but not in a good way in my opinion. Not trying to be rude but it really sounds like you took two pep boys cans and welded them on which in a sense is what you did.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Serbiasrt8

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
I dont know I am not a fan at all. Its loud but not in a good way in my opinion. Not trying to be rude but it really sounds like you took two pep boys cans and welded them on which in a sense is what you did.
Really??
I did that?
Ok,thanx for leting me know that i went to pep boys and got them there!Because for a second there i tought i did something different.But Thanx
It's fine that you don't like them,you feel what you feel.
But don't make stupid assumptions.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
UNV-IT46

Really??
I did that?
Ok,thanx for leting me know that i went to pep boys and got them there!Because for a second there i tought i did something different.But Thanx
It's fine that you don't like them,you feel what you feel.
But don't make stupid assumptions.
Im not making stupid assumptions. You didnt go out and buy greddy cans or, hks cans or some major quality cans did you? no you bought a lower brand knock off can had them welded on and that was that. what is not true about that?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Serbiasrt8

Im not making stupid assumptions. You didnt go out and buy greddy cans or, hks cans or some major quality cans did you? no you bought a lower brand knock off can had them welded on and that was that. what is not true about that?

Re-read your own comments and then speak up.
Quote:
"but it really sounds like you took two pep boys cans and welded them on which in a sense is what you did."

Not True.
----------
----------

Take Care my friend.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:09 PM
UNV-IT46

Re-read your own comments and then speak up.
Quote:
"but it really sounds like you took two pep boys cans and welded them on which in a sense is what you did."

Not True.
----------
----------

Take Care my friend.
like i said "in a sense you did" which is true. what brand are those cans?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:21 PM
wireboltman

yea ur price sounds right compared to 700 something. my friends did custom quad exhaust on their C class with flow masters or magnaflow mufflers for around 400 something. How is the sound inside the car when ur driving? i had magnaflows before on my 3 series, the onlly thing tat really bugged me was the droning around 2k rpm.
Once I added the Twister bullet type racing mufflers, life was good. No drone at any speed. They're a 1" corkscrew type deal.

http://www.flopro.com/Twister.htm

VForce Mufflers:

http://www.flopro.com/VForce.htm
Old 01-23-2008, 10:34 PM
wireboltman

Originally Posted by NemesisG37
Depends how you look at it....Someone with a custom exhaust set up is going to have a hard time selling their exhaust to a community that relies on brand names and power proven products...Say a $1200 Stillen exhaust resells used for $800...logically thats $400 spents on exhaust for the while you had it.

$700 spent on a custom exhaust....Most likely wont sell unless you have videos/dyno graphs of reasonable power gain or unless you sell it for diiiiirt cheap.
The proof is in the pudding.

I shaved .3 seconds off my 0-60 time with my $425.00 true dual custom exhaust. I really could care less what a dyno shows because until you run it for time, none of that matters.
I had pipe bent from the engine back--both sides. Not Mandrel bends. The difference in air flow is minimal, in reality.

Paying $1200-$1300 for Stillen or other is ridiculous to my way of thinking. The stainless steel is nice and shiny until a couple days later when it's full of road grime and rock dings and the only one that sees it to admire it is the guy who changes your oil.

Each to their own as far the sound goes. I think it sounds great. Of course, I think my FX sounds great, too, and they sound quite similar, actually.
The extra .2 Liters is apparent, however
Old 01-23-2008, 10:36 PM
wireboltman

They are not flowmaster...
the mufflers were 400$ and instal 300

What size pipe did you use?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Serbiasrt8

like i said "in a sense you did" which is true. what brand are those cans?
they are "Pep Boys" brand.

Look at it this way.
If i was a J*** off,show off,fake mo*** F**** i would have came here on this forum,and said something like....These are the Prototype Mufflers/Exhaust system by a Company i'am not "allowed" to name yet,i bet you would have said....Oh cool how much are they!?

I would have answered to that....
They will be in the Neighborhood of around 1200$,
and then i would get responses like....
Ohhh that's not bad,sounds good,looks good,i want them,when are they coming out....etc....

But i guess,because they are "Pep Boys" Brand(as you have refered so)they do not sound good,or attract your attention.

it's like where i'am from,you will see people drive 20 year old Mercedes Benz's rather then buying new Nissan,Peugot or Toyota.
Not saying anything bad about Mercedes,hell i got 2!And i would buy an old Gullwing,or a 500E,something that makes sense.But i would not buy something just because it carries a Fancy name,like stillen,greddy,or what have you.I rather put my own thing together,mke sure it looks good to ME,and sounds good to me,and that is all that counts.
I do not come here looking for your aproval about my "Pep Boys"Cans.I'am simply sharing Videos of my Exhausts with you.
It is your good right to not like them and share that with others.But making assumptions,and saying things that are as far away from the truth as they can be,is wrong.

Something else....
I ahve listened to the New Tanabe,and Stillen,and i still do not think they sound better,then what i have now.
I do not belive any aftermarket exhaust systems ALONE will make a huge difference in performance on the G,no matter what the manufacturer claims.It's the sound that of the exhaust that makes you belive your car has 30 more HP!Just like the stupid TORNADO claimed 50+HP.

For now my set up makes great sense to me,and sounds great.Untill i find the Time to take my Car to get the Twin Turbos built in,There is no reason to spend 1200-1500$ on a exhaust system,just to make it sound better,and have a fancy name printed on the tips.

I'm happy with my Pep Boys Cans!as you call them....
Old 01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Serbiasrt8

Originally Posted by wireboltman
The proof is in the pudding.

I shaved .3 seconds off my 0-60 time with my $425.00 true dual custom exhaust. I really could care less what a dyno shows because until you run it for time, none of that matters.
I had pipe bent from the engine back--both sides. Not Mandrel bends. The difference in air flow is minimal, in reality.

Paying $1200-$1300 for Stillen or other is ridiculous to my way of thinking. The stainless steel is nice and shiny until a couple days later when it's full of road grime and rock dings and the only one that sees it to admire it is the guy who changes your oil.

Each to their own as far the sound goes. I think it sounds great. Of course, I think my FX sounds great, too, and they sound quite similar, actually.
The extra .2 Liters is apparent, however

lol Amen to That!
and i will try to find out what size pipes he used.they do look like stock pipe size tho.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:00 PM
UNV-IT46

they are "Pep Boys" brand.

Look at it this way.
If i was a J*** off,show off,fake mo*** F**** i would have came here on this forum,and said something like....These are the Prototype Mufflers/Exhaust system by a Company i'am not "allowed" to name yet,i bet you would have said....Oh cool how much are they!?

I would have answered to that....
They will be in the Neighborhood of around 1200$,
and then i would get responses like....
Ohhh that's not bad,sounds good,looks good,i want them,when are they coming out....etc....

But i guess,because they are "Pep Boys" Brand(as you have refered so)they do not sound good,or attract your attention.

it's like where i'am from,you will see people drive 20 year old Mercedes Benz's rather then buying new Nissan,Peugot or Toyota.
Not saying anything bad about Mercedes,hell i got 2!And i would buy an old Gullwing,or a 500E,something that makes sense.But i would not buy something just because it carries a Fancy name,like stillen,greddy,or what have you.I rather put my own thing together,mke sure it looks good to ME,and sounds good to me,and that is all that counts.
I do not come here looking for your aproval about my "Pep Boys"Cans.I'am simply sharing Videos of my Exhausts with you.
It is your good right to not like them and share that with others.But making assumptions,and saying things that are as far away from the truth as they can be,is wrong.

Something else....
I ahve listened to the New Tanabe,and Stillen,and i still do not think they sound better,then what i have now.
I do not belive any aftermarket exhaust systems ALONE will make a huge difference in performance on the G,no matter what the manufacturer claims.It's the sound that of the exhaust that makes you belive your car has 30 more HP!Just like the stupid TORNADO claimed 50+HP.

For now my set up makes great sense to me,and sounds great.Untill i find the Time to take my Car to get the Twin Turbos built in,There is no reason to spend 1200-1500$ on a exhaust system,just to make it sound better,and have a fancy name printed on the tips.

I'm happy with my Pep Boys Cans!as you call them....
you could have told me they were hand crafter by god his self i still would say they dont look good. it doesnt matter what tuner name you would have said i still dont like them. i agree with one thing you said which is so far i dont like the sound of any of the other exhaust that have been released yet.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Serbiasrt8

you could have told me they were hand crafter by god his self i still would say they dont look good. it doesnt matter what tuner name you would have said i still dont like them. i agree with one thing you said which is so far i dont like the sound of any of the other exhaust that have been released yet.

Sh**!
I'm glad we agree on something.

Quick Reply: More Vids of my Custome Exhaust set up