Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Vossen Wheels update!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 04:23 PM
G37onbrembos
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Thanks for the explanation. I can't possibly imagine why you'd replace wheels that someone intentionally modified in a way so as to make them unsafe. I hope trying to help someone out doesn't end up setting a bad precedent. Idiots do idiotic things to their Vossen wheels so that they fail and attempt to get Vossen to give them a new set of free wheels just to avoid people speaking poorly of the company. Rewarding irresponsible and stupid behavior (that you advised against in the first place).

Good luck with that.
It's annoying how people are grabbing this picture and putting it all over the Internet, yea **** does happen but they don't have to go above and beyond with this hatred, I also think its childish of other "adults" making fake profiles on Instagram, that's plain old stupid.

And yes that's my car if anyone is wondering, I bought the set of wheels knowing that the rear offsets were shaved off a little bit , but being a college student I didn't have all the money to go all out and buy all my stuff brand new, the incident happened because after hitting something on the road on a turn my car went airborne and smacked up against the curb.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:50 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by G37onbrembos
It's annoying how people are grabbing this picture and putting it all over the Internet, yea **** does happen but they don't have to go above and beyond with this hatred, I also think its childish of other "adults" making fake profiles on Instagram, that's plain old stupid.

And yes that's my car if anyone is wondering, I bought the set of wheels knowing that the rear offsets were shaved off a little bit , but being a college student I didn't have all the money to go all out and buy all my stuff brand new, the incident happened because after hitting something on the road on a turn my car went airborne and smacked up against the curb.

At least you're okay. So it really didn't have much to do with the offsets being shaved, just the impact?
Old 09-08-2013, 04:27 AM
apexi957

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the Instagram shout out y'all!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,661 Likes on 3,484 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
It was explained on V36 coupe drivers Facebook page what happened but sadly it was ignored. The offsets on the wheels were shaved and he sadly spun out in some wet weather where the vehicle and wheels were damaged. It is the owner's personal business that is sadly being used by the same group of anti-Vosssen people to slam Vossen. The owner is a really great guy that was in an unfortunate situation (how many of us have been in accidents??) and we decided as a company to offer him a courtesy of a new set of wheels to make the best out of his situation. We did not ask for the owner to share that information and we didn't feel the need to post about it until now.

It is perfectly fine to hate Vossen, dislike Vossen, wish Vossen was out of business. It is in poor taste to drag people into a hatefest who were in accidents, ignore the truth and depict the wheels as failures and spread propaganda to hurt a reputation.

The poor owner has been through enough and we wish him a speedy recovery from one auto enthusiast to the other.
I'm actively researching the purchase of a set of Vossen rims, and feel like this here should get bumped for representation of impressive customer service.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:09 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Amazing that Vossen would do that. I've never heard of a company doing this after a product had been altered. This whole issue is news to me.