Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Vossen Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 12:47 AM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Vossen Warranty

Has anyone actually have experience with Vossen's warranty? Honestly, I haven't had a good experience with my CV1s and I've had the wheels for less than a month. And sorry about the incoming rant...

Some of you might remember me as the unlucky individual whose wheels didn't come with center caps. And once the center caps were shipped and installed, they fell off! So then they shipped me another set and so far so good.

A couple weeks back, I noticed that my right rear tire was low on air. I quickly grabbed my air compressor and noticed that it was at <25psi I thought maybe the tire might have been bad or that I ran over a nail. I looked around and didn't see anything. Took me a week but finally got around to taking my car to a wheel and tire shop. The shop that looked at the wheels told me there was nothing wrong with the tires but that there was a leak coming from the bore/behind the spokes on my wheel! They put my wheel in a bucket of water and showed me where there were bubbles coming from the bore.

I immediately contacted Vossen and they told me they would send a replacement wheel. Awesome right? Took about a week, but the wheel comes in today. However to my surprise, they say that Alex (from Vossen) told him that I would be responsible for shipping the wheel back and pay any shipping charges. Is this reasonable? Why should I have to pay to ship a wheel that was obviously imperfect from the factory? I've recontacted Vossen and waiting to hear back.

That's my story. Sorry about the rant. Still love the wheels...just getting a bit irritated...kind of wishing at this point that I just spend the extra $$ for a higher quality wheel.
The following users liked this post:
Diego@Vossen (09-28-2013)
Old 09-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Topher9425
Premier Member

Received 122 Likes on 115 Posts
Atleast they did right by you, and sent a replacement wheel to you first.......most wheel companies back their product, but make you SHIP THEM YOUR WHEEL FIRST, and then they send you a replacement.

So all in all, they stood behind their product, and did right by you with shipping you a new wheel......paying around $50 bucks to ship a wheel back is worth the service that they provided by far. Again, most wheel companies make you send them the damaged wheel first, then issue a replacement after the wheel you sent back in "Inspected".
Old 09-10-2011, 01:31 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
You have had a lot of problems. It sounds to me like the people installing your wheels probably messed up your caps, scuffs on your wheels and maybe this issue. This is all speculation but by the sounds of this thread it seems to be the case.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...cv1s-rant.html
Old 09-10-2011, 01:35 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by D_S_CUSTOMZ
Atleast they did right by you, and sent a replacement wheel to you first.......most wheel companies back their product, but make you SHIP THEM YOUR WHEEL FIRST, and then they send you a replacement.

So all in all, they stood behind their product, and did right by you with shipping you a new wheel......paying around $50 bucks to ship a wheel back is worth the service that they provided by far. Again, most wheel companies make you send them the damaged wheel first, then issue a replacement after the wheel you sent back in "Inspected".
or you charge everything on a reputable cc and let them deal with it. I have used the excellent customer service at AMEX to deal with retailers on a number of occasions. If I had a faulty wheel from the onset, I would be pi$$ed at having to pay even $10 to remedy the situation.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:45 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with Vossen not covering the cost of shipping the wheels back. But of course it would be something nice to have... I have had experience with Newegg and Amazon where I had to pay to ship the faulty items back while they send me the new replacement. It happens all the time with big companies.. though of course now a lot of them do provide you with a prepaid RMA postage where you can print from online and just stick and good to go..
Old 09-10-2011, 02:44 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
lol .
Old 09-10-2011, 03:01 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I think that's pretty good they gave you a free wheel. At least their helping out. Sorry about your troubles, but you're getting some good support from them.

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
lol .
what happened to this place man? how's walnut? did they build anything else by that new 24?

Last edited by RYs06MT; 09-10-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:45 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah that sounds reasonable to me... Actually sounds like you're getting good customer service. Ship the wheel back via Fed Ex and it should be under $30...

Although it is reasonable for them to ask for you to ship the wheel back, it's not unheard of for a company to pay the reverse shipping if the wheel is defective. Maybe talk to them about the possibility of being reimbursed pending they find the wheel to be defective due to manufacturer error? Not to get on you, but it probably isn't helping you any by venting your frustrations to the community while the issue is incomplete. Maybe tell them you aren't 100% satisfied you have to pay return shipping charges and see what they say.

Vossen has a +++++++++ reputation around here, and I'm sure they would do anything to keep it that way.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:30 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
I think that's pretty good they gave you a free wheel. At least their helping out. Sorry about your troubles, but you're getting some good support from them.

what happened to this place man? how's walnut? did they build anything else by that new 24?
Walnut's fine right now. They did build that 24, and I go there a lot. Ummm they put an arco and a chick fil a right there haha. I remember when it used to be an empty lot.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:41 PM
jjasonSU

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
U got a replacement wheel before u sent anything in. Sounds better than you sending it in, them evaluating it, and giving u a disposition
Old 09-10-2011, 03:41 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks like Jav stays up late to answer his emails. In any event, I received the following email from him:

Hi mike, sorry to hear about the problem you had with one of our wheels. Don't worry I will make sure you do not have to pay anything out of your pocket.

Alex, please send a call tag for this wheel and make sure mike does not have to pay anything for the warranty replacement.

Mike, please feel free to call me me if you have any questions or concerns. xxx-xxx-xxxx (number blocked out for confidential reasons)

Thanks,

Jav

Again, very responsive and awesome CS from the guys over at Vossen. Some of the other companies out there could learn a thing or two from these guys.

Thanks Jav!
Old 09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
gokou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely agree that the guys at Vossen are awesome. I was missing one hub ring with my new wheels. Contacted Jav and Elvis and they sent four new ones when i only asked for one. 
Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Mike@Vossen
SUPPORT AUTHENTICITY!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We love the G37 community and will go out of our way to satisfy you all! Glad this is taken care of.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:59 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
That's it... I'm getting CV3s...

Great stuff though.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Jav@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OB G
Looks like Jav stays up late to answer his emails. In any event, I received the following email from him:

Hi mike, sorry to hear about the problem you had with one of our wheels. Don't worry I will make sure you do not have to pay anything out of your pocket.

Alex, please send a call tag for this wheel and make sure mike does not have to pay anything for the warranty replacement.

Mike, please feel free to call me me if you have any questions or concerns. xxx-xxx-xxxx (number blocked out for confidential reasons)

Thanks,

Jav

Again, very responsive and awesome CS from the guys over at Vossen. Some of the other companies out there could learn a thing or two from these guys.

Thanks Jav!
Thanks for the kind words. Glad i could help out

Quick Reply: Vossen Warranty