Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

So what if ......

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:19 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Not to bash you Blaine because it's not your fault the product is subpar, but when you opened the box and saw that it should never have been installed on your car. No shop should have installed it with the part of the weld missing like it is, of course it's going to leak. And as far as the way it looks, I don't know why you didn't simply put it back in the box and send it back to the vendor and get a refund right off the bat. That's my reasoning for saying that they shouldn't be held responsible to reimburse you for money spent on installation/removal labor. It should have never been installed in the first place. Just my opinion.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Not to bash you Blaine because it's not your fault the product is subpar, but when you opened the box and saw that it should never have been installed on your car. No shop should have installed it with the part of the weld missing like it is, of course it's going to leak. And as far as the way it looks, I don't know why you didn't simply put it back in the box and send it back to the vendor and get a refund right off the bat. That's my reasoning for saying that they shouldn't be held responsible to reimburse you for money spent on installation/removal labor. It should have never been installed in the first place. Just my opinion.
you are very right about what you just stated. i know i wouldn't of installed it.

missed a pic!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:39 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
That is your opinion. When I spoke to ARK about this they Actually discounted the exhaust . They said all there exhaust look like this and it is acceptable. In regards to the missing weld . That was discovered after the install due to me bringing it back to the shop for the noise leak.After I spoke with the owner a second time everything went down hill.

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-31-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:24 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
WOW ARK FTMFL!!! Big fail and i would never ever , ever ever ever buy there exhaust.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:43 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fast Intention
Old 10-31-2010, 05:40 AM
advan37

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
Fast Intention
Old 10-31-2010, 05:59 AM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol this is the last line out of their About Us section from their website

"ARK's success has been the result of diligence, perseverance, loyalty, and wisdom, melded with knowledge and the application of recent advances in technology. Our slogan is "Extreme Quality makes Extreme Performance" - because the customer's satisfaction will result in the company's continued prosperity. We will continue to make every effort to live up to the our company's slogan. "
Old 10-31-2010, 01:19 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Ark, pretty much copied this design from HKS lol
Pretty much? It's a blatant copy!

The real deal HKS

The copy-cat ARK

HKS is a trusted, very well-respected Japanese manufacturer of automotive aftermarket parts. They put in all the effort - Research and development, tuning, marketing, monitoring customer reception/reaction, quality of product, appearance, and, most importantly, performance. There is a reason they are among the top names in Japanese automotive tuning and performance.

ARK comes along, sees their design and realizes it's proven. People like it. It will sell. They make a copy of it with cheaper materials, cheaper costs, and sell it for less money. Their exhaust is mass-produced in Korea. HKS is a pioneer in the industry. ARK is simply a company looking to make a dollar off a consumer who sees two exhaust systems that, initially, look the same, but, in reality, are worlds different. You would likely NEVER find piping with those welds on a genuine HKS exhaust system.

OP, I hope you get this situation rectified. I don't want to get into the debate of replica versus authentic, as I know consumers are free to spend their money however they wish, but, in my opinion, this is a prime example of why the industry suffers when people choose a replica over the proven, real thing.

I made a G today... But you made it in a sleazy way - selling ARK to a kid.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
The problem with the exhaust is that there seems to be quality control issues. I was willing to live with the weld goobers but after I found out the leak was due to a missing weld and the owners only concern was that I was becoming a problem for him I was done.
I shipped back the exhaust on 10/30 . It has the potential to be a really great but still needs some work . My 750.00 Invidia is way better in quality and fitment..
Old 10-31-2010, 04:54 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I made a G today... But you made it in a sleazy way - selling ARK to a kid.

Who owns ARK? Are these the same guys that are over at GT-Haus?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:17 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow.. I'm glad i didn't have any issues with the ARK exhaust, because it would be a b**** to send back and forth internationally. Maybe Alex needs to come up and tell us his part of the story?
Old 11-01-2010, 12:53 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Another one bites the dust...
Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
it is unfortunate ark refused to refund your installation costs. it would have cost them a lot less, but now since you posted this thread they will lose out on many customers.
was going to suggest this for a buddy, guess il warn him now lol
Old 11-01-2010, 11:52 AM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup I say we boycott t ARK. This is BS
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM
ARKperformance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny how we released the product before HKS.

Quick Reply: So what if ......